Just got this phone and I have a few questions?

Search This thread

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
So i just got this phone. I was told it was rooted and running alliance rom but its not they took it back to stock i guess. I am wanting to put alliance rom on it. It is on 4.3 and its nc1. It has safestrap on it because super user is on it and when i go into the safestrap app and go to recovery it takes me to the safestrap recovery. I tried to install twrp and it said root was required so i check root with root checker and it says its not rooted. My goal is to have it rooted running alliance rom (or if y'all have any suggestions on roms lol feel free to suggest) and being running smooth. any information would be helpful. thanks! :good:

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
So i just got this phone. I was told it was rooted and running alliance rom but its not they took it back to stock i guess. I am wanting to put alliance rom on it. It is on 4.3 and its nc1. It has safestrap on it because super user is on it and when i go into the safestrap app and go to recovery it takes me to the safestrap recovery. I tried to install twrp and it said root was required so i check root with root checker and it says its not rooted. My goal is to have it rooted running alliance rom (or if y'all have any suggestions on roms lol feel free to suggest) and being running smooth. any information would be helpful. thanks! :good:

use safestrap to install alliance, Now that you are on 4.3 you can not use the normal version of twrp. You can install over the stock rom I wouldn't recommend it but I understand why people do.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
so i just install alliance like normal and then flash like normal? what about the modem that it says to flash do i flash that as well?

I think its just the modules you need to flash (fixes wifi for locked phones). The modem flash is for people on a unlocked bootloader. If you have connectivity problems try to flash the modem file because alliance is based on ml1 and nobody is sure if the modem is different in the new update.

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I think its just the modules you need to flash (fixes wifi for locked phones). The modem flash is for people on a unlocked bootloader. If you have connectivity problems try to flash the modem file because alliance is based on ml1 and nobody is sure if the modem is different in the new update.

i don't want to brick my phone though lol. i don't have data on my phone and i'm using it on tmobile. i just am worried about talk/text and wifi.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
i don't want to brick my phone though lol. i don't have data on my phone and i'm using it on tmobile. i just am worried about talk/text and wifi.

As long as you don't try to downgrade past 4.3 or try to unlock your bootloader your pretty safe. Any brick you encounter can easily be fixed by a ml1 or nc1 odin flash. If the modem doesn't work with alliance you wont brick by flashing the ml1 modem. seriously stay away from pre 4.3 odin files, bootloader unlock, and custom recovery's that are not safestrap its a headache to unbrick. Also be aware that you can only flash touch wiz 4.3 roms (no aosp).

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
As long as you don't try to downgrade past 4.3 or try to unlock your bootloader your pretty safe. Any brick you encounter can easily be fixed by a ml1 or nc1 odin flash. If the modem doesn't work with alliance you wont brick by flashing the ml1 modem. seriously stay away from pre 4.3 odin files, bootloader unlock, and custom recovery's that are not safestrap its a headache to unbrick. Also be aware that you can only flash touch wiz 4.3 roms (no aosp).

so i thought i had root and i just went into safestrap and it says i don't have root.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
i thought that it was dangerous to flash in odin.

if you stay on 4.3 and do not unplug mid flash its safe enough. I have never had a problem other than the time I tried to odin to 4.1.2 after I took the 4.3 update.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Just because your new to the s3 I will help you out

Odin________ If you need help follow the odin guid here

ML1

Saferoot yes its in the s4 forum but it works perfect on the s3

Safestrap read the op from top to bottom

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

oh and when you odin to ml1 your internal data will be formatted so make sure you backup anything you want saved.

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
if you stay on 4.3 and do not unplug mid flash its safe enough. I have never had a problem other than the time I tried to odin to 4.1.2 after I took the 4.3 update.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Just because your new to the s3 I will help you out

Odin________ If you need help follow the odin guid here

ML1

Saferoot yes its in the s4 forum but it works perfect on the s3

Safestrap read the op from top to bottom

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

oh and when you odin to ml1 your internal data will be formatted so make sure you backup anything you want saved.

well thanks for the links lol. i downloaded all those files. now can you give me a step by step on how to do it or direct me to the thread that shows me how please!

Top Liked Posts