Desktop dock options.

Search This thread

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
Desktop docks.. Do you have one? Is Kidigu the only non-official one that supports anything audio/video output? Is the HTC one the only1 supporting pogo's?.. It boggles my mind that there's not an honest portrait-mode dock, using the pogo's, I presume those are made from same standard as the regular USB? I mean.. The wirering? Have you guys found anything portrait-mode, that will charge the HTC One X?

- I'm not a big fan of the bulky, white 30 degree charger from HTC. - I reckon I may as well place the phone directly on the table if I want it facing screen up and save the 1209319320 quid for an "elevating prop". *wink wink* For me a charger is supposed to be in portrait mode.. :/ But that's ofc. me. You guys can use whatever you'd like, lawl.

Anyways, have you found anything other than the landscape docks?

archie winnington-ingram

Jun 13, 2010
Edinburgh
No, but I did try to make one... As it happens it didn't work. I didn't have the time, patience or drive. But having said that it shouldn't be all that challenging. Lots of cool ideas for them on the Google (Google is your friend). So maybe give that a go?

Sent from my Bladed One X

repvik

Oct 19, 2007
A word of warning: I've got two original speaker docks. Both of them randomly makes crackling and hissing noises - even when no phone is connected.
The original docks are also pretty annoying - requiring a shim if you don't have a case that fits in the dock. This shim falls off most of the times I pick up my phone.
And the volume control sucks. The difference from "mute" and "as low as possible" is HUGE. There is no middle ground - and I have to turn down the volume on the phone before I dock so the volume isn't completely insane.

(But the sound is pretty awesome though)

The-Last-Hylian

Feb 14, 2012
www.ivaninsurance.co.uk
Desktop docks.. Do you have one? Is Kidigu the only non-official one that supports anything audio/video output? Is the HTC one the only1 supporting pogo's?.. It boggles my mind that there's not an honest portrait-mode dock, using the pogo's, I presume those are made from same standard as the regular USB? I mean.. The wirering? Have you guys found anything portrait-mode, that will charge the HTC One X?

- I'm not a big fan of the bulky, white 30 degree charger from HTC. - I reckon I may as well place the phone directly on the table if I want it facing screen up and save the 1209319320 quid for an "elevating prop". *wink wink* For me a charger is supposed to be in portrait mode.. :/ But that's ofc. me. You guys can use whatever you'd like, lawl.

Anyways, have you found anything other than the landscape docks?

I've been thinking the same thing recently, I dislike the charger that came with my HOX and I wan't to get a decent dock to replace it with.

BTW, love your sig, I'd like a decent Lightning wallpaper like that!