[Q]Safestrap installs but will not allow me to boot into recovery.

Search This thread

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
I am wondering if anyone will ever come up with a boot loader unlock so we don't have to deal with safestrap?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

thynis

Jan 28, 2014
It is the only way because of the locked bootloader there is a way with Odin but it is only one rom Knox raid kit kat version

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Holy **** you are not going to believe this. IT WORKED! Why? No clue. A few minutes ago I was bored and decided to try again. And boom, it worked. NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING has change since I first tried. I've installed some new apps, but that is all. Now I have to figure out what roms I wanna try. Suggestions?

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Holy **** you are not going to believe this. IT WORKED! Why? No clue. A few minutes ago I was bored and decided to try again. And boom, it worked. NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING has change since I first tried. I've installed some new apps, but that is all. Now I have to figure out what roms I wanna try. Suggestions?

glad you got it and no suggestion on a rom everyone is different

scotty562

Jan 3, 2011
Mine is doing this as well and it's very frustrating. I'm using 3.75 and I'm rooted.

Edit:
I figured it out. I had downloaded busybox but hadn't ran and installed it. Once I did this it worked correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: aviralmsharma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone. Not sure anyone will be able to help me, but I figured I'd chance it. I also hope that I'm asking this in the right area. If not I apologize. So I got a Note 3 (AT&T) today. IN LOVE! After doing some reading I used Kingo to root. Everything went great and my phone is now rooted. To confirm this I downloaded root checker from the play store and it confirmed that my phone is definitely rooted.

After some more research I came across safestrap. For the last 2-3 hours I have been trying to install it with zero luck. Basically, after I download the 3.71 apk, installed the apk, followed the prompts and completed the installation safestrap says that the installation was complete. Unfortunately, the state: still shows not installed and I am unable to choose reboot to recovery. It's greyed out and can't be selected. Any chance that anyone knows why this is happening? I have tried just about everything that I can think of and the result has been the same every time. Sorry so long, but this is driving me crazy and I wanted to be thorough with my explanation. Thanks in advance for any help or fixes that you come up with.

click on safestrap in your app drawer then click install recovery
    It is the only way because of the locked bootloader there is a way with Odin but it is only one rom Knox raid kit kat version

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That's what I figured. No biggie though. I am pretty satisfied with root and xposed framework. I've managed to delete and/or disable most of the apps that I don't use our want. I'll try to figure it out again if/when a new version of safestrap is released. Granted, I really don't think that it'll make a difference. My phone seems to have a grudge against safestrap. Oh well. Thanks again!
    Mine is doing this as well and it's very frustrating. I'm using 3.75 and I'm rooted.

Edit:
    I figured it out. I had downloaded busybox but hadn't ran and installed it. Once I did this it worked correctly.