Paranoid Android ROM "discussion thread".

Search This thread

trawel

Aug 22, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Got some issues because of which I decided to return to stock:
1. FC chrome when typing address (after I press enter)
2. FC Camera on spheric photos (or whatever are they called)
3. Sometimes FC theme application

If there weren't these issues, I'd be testing this ROM, unfortunately I had to return to stock because of them. If PA tem will fix them (as I read on G+, I'm not the only one having these issues, so I guess it's not my fault).

Forgot to write, I'm on Nexus 5.

Last edited:

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
I haven't used PA in a bit, but I still follow the thread. It's about time they got one of these. I mean how many times has that thread been cleaned already? Poor Pirateghost is answering the same questions at least 5 different times on the SAME PAGE, pretty much daily. Now those people can be linked here. Thanks for opening this, OP. Hopefully it does reduce OT in the development thread. Like I said, I try to follow the thread, but there are so many people who don't search and ask questions that are clearly answered like 3 posts above theirs + the people who flame them + the people who bicker back and fourth because of the flaming. It makes the thread a real pain to read. So again, thanks..

Last edited:

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hehehe, the one in dev section is even "Locked" now coz even the mods cannot take it anymore. At least this thread being in the "general section" they will be linient. And occasional off-topics won't hurt. :D

anshmiester78900

Dec 17, 2010
Noida

If there weren't these issues, I'd be testing this ROM, unfortunately I had to return to stock because of them. If PA tem will fix them (as I read on G+, I'm not the only one having these issues, so I guess it's not my fault).

ohh these bugs !!!

BTW did you dirty flash it ?

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3

Try a clean flash then see if those are still persistent. For theme issues, most themes aren't stable yet for Android 4.4.3(e.g. some themes will FC the dialer)

trawel

Aug 22, 2012
OnePlus 8T
I did a clean flash:
Wiped system, data, cache and dalvik, flashed pa, pa gapps stock, pa chrome beta addon, elementalx and supersu as suggested in instructions and these bugs appeared after clean flash

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
I did a clean flash:
Wiped system, data, cache and dalvik, flashed pa, pa gapps stock, pa chrome beta addon, elementalx and supersu as suggested in instructions and these bugs appeared after clean flash

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

yeah, I've also read(in their PA G+) a couple of posts relating to few bugs like in chrome

for the mean time though

- we can use other internet browser since chrome is having issues with the build

- revert to default theme, if other themes are causing any FC or something

- stick with the stock kernel atm

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
I haven't used PA in a bit, but I still follow the thread. It's about time they got one of these. I mean how many times has that thread been cleaned already? Poor Pirateghost is answering the same questions at least 5 different times on the SAME PAGE, pretty much daily. Now those people can be linked here. Thanks for opening this, OP. Hopefully it does reduce OT in the development thread. Like I said, I try to follow the thread, but there are so many people who don't search and ask questions that are clearly answered like 3 posts above theirs + the people who flame them + the people who bicker back and fourth because of the flaming. It makes the thread a real pain to read. So again, thanks..

Definitely. Both the XDA thread and the Google+ page has to be one of the worst communities I've seen. Constant repeated questions to the point that the some devs are actively hostile towards the user. Can't say I blame them though. It'd tick me off as well.

Still loving the ROM though.

Lewis_eds

Apr 26, 2014
Why has this thread only just been created? I have already found that i'm not the only one with these problems, in the first page.

This is the thread we have been waiting for.

Last edited:

Guzanni

May 26, 2012
Zaanstad
So, coming from a different 4.4.2 ROM, I can just do a factory reset, wipe dalvik cache and flash away, without updating the radio? I don't want to update the radio, because I did that once with my N4 and it screwed up my signal.. even when I flashed the old radio back.. I already have the newest TWRP installed.

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
^Radio update is optional. If you do update and encounter issues on signal, you can always go back to the old radio baseband.

Edit: Well, I was expecting a barrage of posts now other than me but I guess most of you are busy setting up everything on your phone again, LoL. Hehehe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guzanni

jxr94

Jun 15, 2010
Getting the mentioned Chrome force close, as well as a force close when I try to change the wallpaper through the themes engine in settings.

Edit: Did a fresh install with nothing installed, and still experience the crash from com.wallpapercropper

Last edited:
Reactions: inspeckta_dek

trawel

Aug 22, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Guess this release was too early marked as RC. Will have to wait to test if worth coming from stock.

Quick question: how is battery life comparing with stock 4.4.3? Because I don't want ROM in which battery drains in the eyes.

JohnnyMontana_

Sep 28, 2011
Atlanta
I don't think any custom ROM has the battery life of stock on any device. Being as there are more features than the stock ROM. Just something you sacrifice with custom software IMO.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Definitely. Both the XDA thread and the Google+ page has to be one of the worst communities I've seen. Constant repeated questions to the point that the some devs are actively hostile towards the user. Can't say I blame them though. It'd tick me off as well.

Still loving the ROM though.

I try really hard not to lose it.....
    Hi all, Got a couple questions... Im on stock rooted nexus 5 and want to flash PA.. I noticed the Dev thread is now closed.. I have downloaded pa_hammerhead-4.4-RC1-2 from original post of that thread and gapps... Is that correct file I need to flash ROM?

Also when do new builds come out? I see mentions of chrom crashing and saw that it is fixed in the next release.

So should I flash now or wait for next build with fix?

Thanks in advance for help..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's the correct file. You should follow +Paranoid Android on G+ for the latest announcements as that's where every release happens.

Typically we build and release on Monday nights (US timezones) and sometimes have to bleed late into the night to Tuesday morning. There are no promises though as things can happen and we can get behind on the release. We try to accommodate though.

#stayparanoid
    It's horrible. I'm switching to my iPhone 5s

#stayparanoid
    Is Chrome crashing often for anyone else?

Reported multiple times and already fixed for next build...

Sent from my Nexus 5
    I've thought about this since other device also are doing this kind of separate "discussion thread" about a particular ROM. To minimize the off-topics and simple Q's raised every time in the development thread.

Now let's start the ball rolling.