Who thinks that the Galaxy S5 is a disappointment?

Search This thread

Breezey

Jun 26, 2008
It never was waterproof, don't make that mistake. The charge port cover is cheap and easy to replace if you break it, I made sure it was repairable before I bought mine because I was concerned about it breaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZEBtx2O0Fc

Ofcourse the IP68 certification the phone has was just printed on the box for show! Why go to the effort to join a forum to post complete bull? Have a look at what IP68 means.

yarch

Jun 13, 2013
Ofcourse the IP68 certification the phone has was just printed on the box for show! Why go to the effort to join a forum to post complete bull? Have a look at what IP68 means.
Instead of ragging on me and saying I am posting bull, you should educate yourself, my friend.

First, it's IP67, second: you need to learn the difference between waterproof and water resistant. The manufacturer doesn't even begin to claim it's waterproof and the rating does not reflect it being waterproof, where are you getting your "information" that this phone is waterproof? Some of my mil spec rated radios are waterproof, my diving watch is waterproof, my diving equipment is waterproof - my S5 is water resistant and the ratings and capabilities of it reflect that. Maybe instead of talking crap and being smug you should move on.

rezath17

Dec 20, 2013
Is there anyone who had issue with blocking of front camera?
My front camera blocked by a black object below screen protector
because we are under US sanction we dont have samsung warranty in Iran ( some **** local warranties available ). So i must know what happened to camera and is it repairable? !

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Is there anyone who had issue with blocking of front camera?
My front camera blocked by a black object below screen protector
because we are under US sanction we dont have samsung warranty in Iran ( some **** local warranties available ). So i must know what happened to camera and is it repairable? !
I think we may be having the same thing. I'm in Canada and I bought mine used and it has a black half circular shape blocking the 5-10% of the top part of the front camera. Not a big deal since I don't use front camera much as it's really bad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    indeed, the issues are pretty well summarized here:

Samsung really need to work on the multi-tasking speed and RAM management of their UI - it's embarrassing that the flag-bearer and the fastest android has to offer still has issues with closing apps in the background and reloading them from scratch during multi-tasking. They should have stuck with 3gb RAM if it was such a big issue. Reminds of the GS3 and the HTC One X.

IHopefully this will get sorted out in future firmware updates as the in-hand feel, leathery back and the camera are amazing.

No disrespect, but what's embarrassing is whoever would actually use their phone like this or would care about an app opening a literal fraction of a second later than another phone that you will never have side by side with you. :what:

Stuff like this is so extremely trivial to me and it is stuff that always seems to me that people use to justify their phone purchase decisions.

I'm what I would consider an android veteran and semi-power user, and I would never be opening and closing apps from the multitasking window at that speed. That video seems no better than synthetic benchmarks that prove nothing in real world usage.

And I will be the first to tell you that the M8 is a bit quicker than the S5 in certain situations. But it is not nearly as big of a difference that a lot of videos and forum posts are making it out to be. Who is gonna have these 2 phones next to each other in everyday life and feel the difference if an app opens a fraction of a second sooner? Without the M8 next to it, you would never know the difference.

And to think that these micro-second differences are swaying people's purchasing decisions is absolutely mind boggling to me.

Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm kind of tired of hearing about this lag like the S5 is chugging and struggling along or something. I barely have any lag. And yes I've owned the M8 too. It's not as big of a difference as people are making it out to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Every new phone that comes out people whine and moan about how disappointed they are.. gimme a break!
    Well, when you hear stories of how Samsung promotes their products by offering "incentives" to retailers (offering phones and TVs to the employees if they meet a quota, etc.) then yeah, you might get angry. They get things done through ignorance (mass advertising) and greed (the above example). When the phone doesn't stand on it's merits against the competition I'd call that a no no. HTC has shown a lot of growth in the past few years (from HTC One X up until today) and seem to be putting a real effort in making their phones. Seeing them not succeed because of the competition's financial advantage irks me.
    Then there's the design language that Samsung's been pushing since the Galaxy S2 (the last Samsung phone I had, was disappointed with the Galaxy SIII when it was revealed)... there doesn't seem to be much improvement. Touchwiz looked sad in the past and looks sad to this day. That's not what I want to see in the future and as such why I don't want Samsung leading Android (or Smartphones in general I guess). So I support the other guys. Have an M8 btw.

You didn't have to tell us that you have an M8, it was obvious while reading your post. It is extremely clear that you have absolutely no idea how business works or how branding works. I work in brand marketing at a large company, and what Samsung is doing is 100% what they should be doing.

If you don't think that any company worth anything gives incentives to their clients, then you are sorely mistaken. It happens all the time, trust me. I can't tell you how many times I've been offered (and sometimes have accepted) tickets to events, luxurious items, etc. It's how the "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" business world works. It's not uncommon.

Going back to branding, you talking about Samsung keeping the same general design language is exactly what they should be doing. Just look at the brand recognition Samsung devices have now. They have succeeded with textbook execution of making their products immediately recognizable out in the wild.

Apple has done the same thing of course. People rarely mistake an iPhone, iPad or iPod for anything else when they see it. Apple has branded their devices masterfully. It's exactly why Nike doesn't even have to put those words on their products anymore if they don't want to. The swoosh logo design is immediately recognizable and everyone knows which company it is.

It would be a fools errand and a bad business decision for Samsung to keep changing the design language on their phones. It would be sloppy branding and wouldn't make sense.

And I won't even get into how much Samsung uses for advertising. They are profitable enough to do so and they are where they are because of it. Enough said.

Anyhow, enjoy your M8, it is a nice phone. But let people enjoy their S5's, because it is also a great phone. Let the companies brand, market, etc. It is none of our business. We are the consumers, we don't achieve any financial gain by being biased one way or another.

Enjoy your phone and enjoy life. :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    no FM radio

Lack of FM radio is a disappointment. Still prefere phones with good old fashion radio receiver.
    I think fanboyism over something like a phone is stupid. I mean I can understand it in sports but over damn phones? Nope

Yeah the HTC m8 looks extremely nice but so what.? The galaxy line has a ton of gorgeaus made covers and cases.

Just to put things into perspective I'd rather buy the less comfortable phone than the m8 because raw power beats design every day for me.

The funny thing with Samsung is there competitors are saying the phones are cheaply made and yet they survive better in droptests and offering things they competition doesn't. I would love seeing HTC putting their money where their mouth is and offer the things Samsung does minus the stupid Knox

Yes, its silly to be a fanboy of a phone or phone company.

Not to troll but once again i literally just came from the AT&T store where my friend works at, she says the S5 preorders are going nuts, everyone is preordering it. While I was there they had the Galaxy S phones displayed and the HTC/LG phones displayed. Everyone was waiting for the galaxy s to play with so I had to play with other phones until it was free to go. I asked her again about the M8 and she says that she hasn't sold one. Then I specifically asked if her coworkers were selling any and she said no but she said someone called and asked about it.

The bottom line (and truthfully reality) is this, we can compare all we want the S5 and M8 phone for phone but in real life there is no comparison, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Samsung sells way more phones.

This issue about build quality and all applies only to us who know the devices and are tech savys, the general consumers could care less about the all metal blah blah blah or the cheap plastic blah blah blah. And even many of us tech savys could care less about the metal or plastic argument, its used by those who want to put up a fight and don't have any other argument because no one can objectively say that metal is better than plastic for a phone. Its simple, Samsung makes plastic phones and sells a crap load, HTC makes metal phones and is in serious Trouble. Who is quietly brilliant?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk