My HTC Droid incredible 4G Lte just died..

Search This thread

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
So I was planning on giving my droid incredible to a friend of mine, everything was just fine. I haven't touched the phone in about a week and a half. I have cm 11 4.4.2 I think it's a nightly. S-off. I went in my recovery which was phillz cwm, factory reset/data wipe. Then I went to wipe the phone storage and the 8gb SD card. When I wiped both It asked me what format, I chose default. I powered off phone from recovery and then It wouldn't come back on... Nor will it charge, and 5 mins before it was working great. What can I do? I hope and pray I didn't brick it..

And if nothing can be done I might repair it, like a jtag, but I have the oneplus one. So idk.. I just hate to see a phone like the Droid just go to waste. All help will be thanked.

junkmail9

That's not good... I'm probably suggesting what you've already tried, but... Did you do a battery pull followed by holding vol_down and power together (then release power while still holding vol_down) to get the phone into bootloader? If you can get there, you can push a new recovery and ROM.

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
That's not good... I'm probably suggesting what you've already tried, but... Did you do a battery pull followed by holding vol_down and power together (then release power while still holding vol_down) to get the phone into bootloader? If you can get there, you can push a new recovery and ROM.

I ended up smashing it on the street with a friend. :( R.I.P droid..

junkmail9

Yeah, lol.. I ended up getting the oneplus one, do you still have the Droid?

Yes. Still working great. Tethered to it at this very moment. About 3 weeks ago, it was getting laggy and gapps were constantly crashing so I nuked it to scratch including wiping out all internal memory and then rebuilt it with ViperLTE ROM. It is performing "like new" and much faster than it had been for a while.

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Yes. Still working great. Tethered to it at this very moment. About 3 weeks ago, it was getting laggy and gapps were constantly crashing so I nuked it to scratch including wiping out all internal memory and then rebuilt it with ViperLTE ROM. It is performing "like new" and much faster than it had been for a while.

I wish I could understand what happened to mine... It was so odd, wiped it clean, data and all, SD card, restarted, dead...

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee

What's up bud!

junkmail9

Same 'ol. When I reinstalled the ViperLTE, I left off HTC Music since I don't use it. Apparently, the Beats enhancement is part of that package so if I really want Beats, I'll need to reinstall the ROM again. There is a perceptible difference with my Bluetooth headphones. Ah well, not a big deal. I used to change ROMs on a regular basis for a while with the OG Dinc. That phone had lots of choices compared to this phone.

There really are not too many phones that have me excited enough to replace the one I have now. Nothing as small that fits nicely in my pocket, nothing with data faster than 4G data. After reinstalling the ROM, its almost like new speed-wise, and the battery is still holding up about as well as it did a couple years ago, so I really have no complaints or desire to change - especially since doing so will put my unlimited data at risk...

How's the oneplus one?

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Same 'ol. When I reinstalled the ViperLTE, I left off HTC Music since I don't use it. Apparently, the Beats enhancement is part of that package so if I really want Beats, I'll need to reinstall the ROM again. There is a perceptible difference with my Bluetooth headphones. Ah well, not a big deal. I used to change ROMs on a regular basis for a while with the OG Dinc. That phone had lots of choices compared to this phone.

There really are not too many phones that have me excited enough to replace the one I have now. Nothing as small that fits nicely in my pocket, nothing with data faster than 4G data. After reinstalling the ROM, its almost like new speed-wise, and the battery is still holding up about as well as it did a couple years ago, so I really have no complaints or desire to change - especially since doing so will put my unlimited data at risk...

How's the oneplus one?

Do you have Skype bud?

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee

How's the oneplus one?

I'm close to buying a nexus 6.....