【DoubleX】make yourGN fullscreen apk!【support4.1】

Search This thread

johnboywilson

Jun 4, 2007
Leeds
I just flashed this mod on paulobrien's modaco 4.0.4 and it's working beautifully with the new LMT v0.85 pie feature. No lag, no stutter... Pure full screen! Might even hide the notification bar.. Haha.
Finally full screen enjoyment of our gNexus!

Sent from my gNexus

Hi I am using Paul`s ROM aslo. Would it be possible for you to share your file please. ;)

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Hi I am using Paul`s ROM aslo. Would it be possible for you to share your file please. ;)

Sorry just seen your upload now.... :D

gifton1

Jan 17, 2011
London
I went ahead and made the mod using the 4.0.4 framework-res.apk. It's just the edited .apk and not flashable. I used adb to push it, but you can probably download one of the flashable .zips in post 1 and put this file in there if you want. This mod is great with LMT Launcher and the pie option.

It's simple to do by yourself :). Download the attached working-apktool.zip. Extract it. Double click Command Prompt.bat. Put your framework-res.apk into the same folder. Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". Then, type "apktool d framework-res.apk". It will make a folder called framework-res. Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res.apk new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip). Drag resources.arsc from new.apk to framework-res.apk. Close the windows and you are done. Place it in a flashable .zip from post 1 or use adb.

If you can't get it, post and I or someone can try. I'd rather teach someone how to do it themselves than do it for them :D.
Hi mwalt2,

Think you have a slight typo in your instructions:

Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res.apk new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip).

I believe that the underlined .apk is not needed?

Also, attached is a version for AOKP23 that uses the Framework for the Nitroz theme, in case anyone is interested. (Edit - sorry, seen someone has already posted this)

Cheers :)

Attachments

• Hide_Navbar_AokpBuild23_GSM_Nitroz.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: mwalt2

drmason

Sep 23, 2010
Managed to mod my framework accordingly. While pushing it via adb I got some f/c's. After reboot my google account was gone, and i wasn't able to add a new one due to the fact that the option was missing in the account settings but rest worked fine.

Anyone experienced the same? And thanks for this awsome mod, it rocks with LMT

mmeidl78

May 6, 2010
Ulm
Isn't it possible to make a Metamorph for this framework-patch? That would be so easy to use and could be used for any ICS Rom :)

s2d4

Mar 28, 2009
Don't know how, but I've used a metamorph-mod for customsoftkeys and it was soooo easy :) That's why I've asked if it's possible :)
Those Softkeys are just PNG replacements.
this one is at a compiled XML level. Hence the need for resources.arsc.
Not all XML edits require resources.arsc as some needs only the compiled xml.
if this is the case, then yeah it can be made universal via vrtheme system. Learnt this from the hyperdroid team and used it on my old gs2.

Last edited:

mrx8836350

Apr 18, 2011
KL
This is not the full procedure for change,if someone use your procedure receive errors of line 79 ,because have to change the value of plurals.xml for full procedure and full Tablet UI mode on galaxy nexus see my procedure on italian forum have only to translate with google. this is the link http://forum.hdblog.it/f517/tablet-ui-mode-su-galaxy-nexus-63518/

in fact。。I change it beacause it show error at line 79,so I change it,and compile:D

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Hi,
I just built a special version for ICS and Honeycomb device. Can someone help to test is the lag problem gone? Thanks. If it is gone, I will publish it on Market.

Attachments

• SWkey35-ics.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: sert00

Incoe

Mar 29, 2011
Vienna
Hi,
I just built a special version for ICS and Honeycomb device. Can someone help to test is the lag problem gone? Thanks. If it is gone, I will publish it on Market.

Will give a try!

EDIT: Dont have laggs in App Drawer but i think the phone is not so smooth anymore after the install

Last edited:

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Hi mwalt2,

Think you have a slight typo in your instructions:

Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res.apk new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip).

I believe that the underlined .apk is not needed?
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I was typing too fast. I've corrected the original post now.

Last edited:

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
Well it seems your menu button on your Savior app is backwards with the recent app button

Tapped from my fingers on my Nexus

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
Any way for button savior to have normal window switching native to ics and and the normal settings button on there as well

Tapped from my fingers on my Nexus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanna make my phone fullscreen to game and any apps
    now,it works ,I m using a gsm galaxy neuxs

video
    button savior

gesture LMT

gesture+pie LMT

--------------------------show pic----------------------------
    Screenshot_2012-04-03-12-02-09.png

Screenshot_2012-04-03-12-02-14.png

---------------- how to-------------------

just install the apk,and press ,than reboot ,be sure you got LMT or button savior

FullScreenToggle.apk

FullScreenToggleV2.apk-Support4.1

View attachment FullScreenToggleV2.apk -Support4.1 XDA link

LMT http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150
    Version for stock 4.0.4

I went ahead and made the mod using the stock 4.0.4 framework-res.apk. It's just the edited .apk and not flashable. I used adb to push it, but you can probably download one of the flashable .zips in post 1 and put this file in there if you want. This mod is great with LMT Launcher and the pie option.

Please if you don't mind would you patch this for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm running Ir11 beta 2.
    It's simple to do by yourself :). Download the attached working-apktool.zip. Extract it. Double click Command Prompt.bat. Put your framework-res.apk into the same folder. Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". Then, type "apktool d framework-res.apk". It will make a folder called framework-res. Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip). Drag resources.arsc from new.apk to framework-res.apk. Close the windows and you are done. Place it in a flashable .zip from post 1 or use adb.

If you can't get it, post and I or someone can try. I'd rather teach someone how to do it themselves than do it for them :D.
    For some reason I can't edit my post to attach files :confused:

Anyways, made two flashables for your convenient :D

Don't forget to BACKUP first!!!

AOKPB23 GSM Only.
    hide navbar for Paul's Modaco Rom 4.0.4

Well guys , I got many requests of how i flashed 4.0.4 with this mod , so I am posting a flashable CWM zip for paul's 4.0.4 Rom . So here is the attached file. I didn't do any scripting, just replaced the op flashable file of aokp with 4.0.4 framework of modaco. Make sure you guys install latest version of LMT before you flash so you can navigate better after the flash.
    o_O That sounds freaking awesome!

I know I shouldn't ask this, but any ETA?

Sure you can! Give me 1 or 2 hours...