[Q] make s3weather widget apk installable?

Search This thread

dominator96

Sep 10, 2013
Lahore
Hey guys.
I was wondering if it is possible to make the original s3 weather apk installable by changing its name and label. When I try installing it says another package with a conflicting signature is already installed. So if its name and label is changed and signed again, it may become installable as a normal apk. Can anyone help me in editing the name and label? I would do it myself but I cant figure out how to edit androidmanifest.xml and so I require help. Thanks :)
If anyone can help me. I can provide the weather apk.

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey guys.
I was wondering if it is possible to make the original s3 weather apk installable by changing its name and label. When I try installing it says another package with a conflicting signature is already installed. So if its name and label is changed and signed again, it may become installable as a normal apk. Can anyone help me in editing the name and label? I would do it myself but I cant figure out how to edit androidmanifest.xml and so I require help. Thanks :)
If anyone can help me. I can provide the weather apk.
At first why do u want to have this apk twice?

dominator96

Sep 10, 2013
Lahore
So you need to decompile the apk and change the package name into AndroidManifest.xml then recompile and push your modified apk to your device. You won't be able to install updates for course.

The plan is to rename AccuWeather into AccuS3 and com.sec.????? Into com.sec.accus3.widget and resign the apk so I can install it as a normal apk. However, if it required the daemon and the main file. I'll have their name changed as well into AccuS3 daemon and AccuS3 main respectively. They, maybe, then work on all devices (maybe not on non-TW devices) but atleast galaxy users will get the s3 weather. But after many attempts, I failed to edit label, name and icon so I want someone to do this for me. :) I have the AccuWeather and AccuWeather main apk. but I will upload them if someone is willing to waste time on it and gives me green signal. :)

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
The plan is to rename AccuWeather into AccuS3 and com.sec.????? Into com.sec.accus3.widget and resign the apk so I can install it as a normal apk. However, if it required the daemon and the main file. I'll have their name changed as well into AccuS3 daemon and AccuS3 main respectively. They, maybe, then work on all devices (maybe not on non-TW devices) but atleast galaxy users will get the s3 weather. But after many attempts, I failed to edit label, name and icon so I want someone to do this for me. :) I have the AccuWeather and AccuWeather main apk. but I will upload them if someone is willing to waste time on it and gives me green signal. :)
Upload the apks and I'll see what I can do. With your Grand 2 you have TouchWiz but I'm not 100% sure it will work so you can already make a nandroid backup.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Do u want the S4 version instead? :)

Reactions: dominator96

dominator96

Sep 10, 2013
Lahore
Upload the apks and I'll see what I can do. With your Grand 2 you have TouchWiz but I'm not 100% sure it will work so you can already make a nandroid backup.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I dont have root :p otherwise, I would just flash the other provided apks. I cant flash, thats why I want an APK which is normally installable and normally deletable like any other application. Btw Thanks for the help :)
- https://db.tt/F7DmqxXf

dominator96

Sep 10, 2013
Lahore

Grand 2's default weather is already almost s4 ;) s3 weather is unique and comepletely different. Thats why I want s3. But thanks for the s4 link too :)

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks so much. :) I'll keep an eye on this thread. I hope this works :)
My apktool setup isn't set for Samsung apks so I'm not sure if it will work.
Anyway here is the modified apk: Download

Which error message do u have while trying to install the original apk?
Please upload your framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk

Last edited:

dominator96

Sep 10, 2013
Lahore

Ok. Thanks for your help but their is still a problem.. APK is now installable :D Widget appears in my app drawer. Thanks to you :) but it says problem loading widget :( what is that supposed to mean? Do I have to install weather main and daemon as well?
Ps: where can I find these framework files? And can I find them on a non-rooted device

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-10-10-48-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-10-10-48-16.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2014-04-10-10-48-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-10-10-48-27.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Ok. Thanks for your help but their is still a problem.. APK is now installable :D Widget appears in my app drawer. Thanks to you :) but it says problem loading widget :( what is that supposed to mean? Do I have to install weather main and daemon as well?
Ps: where can I find these framework files? And can I find them on a non-rooted device
I've contacted a friend who develops TouchWiz ROMs so his has a better knowledge of Samsung. Stay tuned ;)

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
It seems that there's a apk dependency or another incompatibility (weather's or TW's base...).
Moreover does this apk provide from the same Android version as yours?

dominator96

Sep 10, 2013
Lahore
It seems that there's a apk dependency or another incompatibility (weather's or TW's base...).
Moreover does this apk provide from the same Android version as yours?

Uhh. I don't know. I had them on my computer. I dont really remember where did I get this Apk. So it means it requires weather main and daemon as well to work right? So if I upload the weather alongwith its daemon and main file??? Do you think it will work? Install as a normal APK after some name or icon modifications or dependencies modification? Because the flashable zip has all three files and says to push in system/app. So if we simply modify all 3 APKs so they become normally installable. It will work right? Should I upload weather apk alongwith its supported weather main apk and daemon apk or is there no hope in accomplishing this project? :(

Last edited:

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Uhh. I don't know. I had them on my computer. I dont really remember where did I get this Apk. So it means it requires weather main and daemon as well to work right? So if I upload the weather alongwith its daemon and main file??? Do you think it will work? Install as a normal APK?
Yes you could try. I doubt that installing these apks as system apps will change something.

dominator96

Sep 10, 2013
Lahore
Yes you could try. I doubt that installing these apks as system apps will change something.

Installing as system app will change the weather ofcourse because it has TW support. Weather will recognise the TW and start working as it will take place of the default weather widget. But here is the problem. I dont have root so I CAN NOT install them as system app and replace the default weather. And that is the ultimate reason I want them as normally installable and deletable APK so I could install them on a non-rooted device. Because if this project is done well and started working. Millions will get a clean copy of s3 default weather like ACE, Y, S2 and other GALAXY users without having root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Grand 2's default weather is already almost s4 ;) s3 weather is unique and comepletely different. Thats why I want s3. But thanks for the s4 link too :)
    I need to be at home to work on your apks so I keep you informed ;)
    Thanks so much. :) I'll keep an eye on this thread. I hope this works :)

I've contacted a friend who develops TouchWiz ROMs so his has a better knowledge of Samsung. Stay tuned ;)
    Hey btw how to edit androidmanifest.xml? I tried several times but I cant read it via notepad++. It shows some symbol rather than letters.
    Coz you have to decompile the apk file instead of unzipping it ;)