[Feature Request] NFC toggle in quick settings

Search This thread

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
Could this be done please? It makes life a lot easier on Google wallet users that don't want to keep NFC on 24/7

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Could this be done please? It makes life a lot easier on Google wallet users that don't want to keep NFC on 24/7

I'm not sure if there is really any benefit to this, considering that NFC's power consumption when the screen is on is insignificant, and polling is turned off when the screen is off.

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
I'm not sure if there is really any benefit to this, considering that NFC's power consumption when the screen is on is insignificant, and polling is turned off when the screen is off.

Tbh I haven't checked it on the nexus 5 that I have now. Coming from the HTC one x and CM previously it was very important to toggle it because it ate a ton of battery on that device. I'll leave it on for a day or so and check.

Just found this thread. OMNI-553 was posted by me, as the issue is not so much battery, but choice of when to disable triggering. Looks like someone marked it as "done" but nothing looks to have changed in the newest build. Changelog seems a little vague.

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Just found this thread. OMNI-553 was posted by me, as the issue is not so much battery, but choice of when to disable triggering. Looks like someone marked it as "done" but nothing looks to have changed in the newest build. Changelog seems a little vague.

I agree that a QS tile is easier then going through the "settings hierarchy of hell" :)

Top Liked Posts