[ROM][6.35][32A/32B?] FroyoDragon 0.8.1 (29 Apr 2012) :D

Search This thread

darkguy2008

Apr 30, 2011
Heredia
ok soon as i get some time ill get to it, thnx for response and for a great rom..hope i get my issues sorted.
edit: i managed to get logcat for camera but not for install as yet. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76032270/log.txt
Okay, thanks! I'm looking into it. I'm wondering: When you open the camera app, does the interface show (with a black screen) and then it hangs? or just plain black screen?
I'm using the 0.8 now, but with the stock interface. When i choose the froyodragon interface in the installer, the phone got a FC (com.google play something)while applying the theme, and then it runs into a boot loop, i guess it's because the installation process was not finished.
It's a pity i can't use the new look of this rom, it's a great rom, the speed is sooooo fast~ i'm very happy about it. Thank you.
Same for me, tried installing multiple times. Using the stock theme now.
Okay guys, could you please upload a logcat for me (it will be two logcats) of the install process (post-AROMA) when you choose the FroyoDragon Experience mod? it will be one while it installs and another one when it bootloops. It would GREATLY help me to debug the issue. Thanks!
AROMA Installer is so cool!
Hehe thanks! glad you like it :D

Mawtin

Nov 8, 2011
Is there any other differences other than the theme?
Had some trouble installing the FroyoDragon experience, using stock right now. But very stable and fast rom

darkguy2008

Apr 30, 2011
Heredia
when i start the camera app it just goes black then asks to force close..
I see, then it's a libs problem, as the APK loads correctly. Have you tried using a Froyo 2.2 ROM intended for 32B and replacing this ROM's camera libraries with theirs?
@darkguy2008: i will upload the logcat to you as soon as i have some time.
Okay cool, thanks :)
Is there any other differences other than the theme?
Had some trouble installing the FroyoDragon experience, using stock right now. But very stable and fast rom
Not really, the whole ROM is optimized regardless of the chosen option. There's also some extra APKs (BatteryBar for now) installed and some apps come pre-configured to my personal (and suggested through this forum) taste, but other than that, not really. The theme is 100 times better than the stock one though XD.

---
0.8.1 released!!

Yup, I got another phone to restore (actually, to give support to) so I was able to see what went wrong with the FroyoDragon Experience install. It seems the fixed superuser wasn't being ran and that's why the installer never got executed. It's fixed now, plus a couple of installer bugs I found got fixed and some apps got updated :)

It's perfectly fine to flash it now and use both install options as you wish :D.

Have fun! ^_^.

Check the main post for download links :)

xevildoerxx

Oct 20, 2011
I see, then it's a libs problem, as the APK loads correctly. Have you tried using a Froyo 2.2 ROM intended for 32B and replacing this ROM's camera libraries with theirs?

Im not sure how to go about that...do i just unzip the rom replace the lib and rezipp? and iff so what exactly am i replacing and where do i find em lol. thanks for all the help btw.:)

darkguy2008

Apr 30, 2011
Heredia
Im not sure how to go about that...do i just unzip the rom replace the lib and rezipp? and iff so what exactly am i replacing and where do i find em lol. thanks for all the help btw.:)
Oh, heh, well you need ADB first, it's faster.

Do "adb remount" and then using "adb pull" you back up the libraries in /system/lib (can do "adb pull /system/lib mybackupdir") and then using adb push you upload selected libraries to the phone's system (like "adb push libcamera.so /system/lib/libcamera.so") and then try to open the camera app. If it doesn't, try with another library containing words like "camera" and such, and see the logcat output.

I don't have the phone with me anymore, but I'd suggest trying with libcamera.so and libcameraservice.so. One at a time.

If nothing works, upload your old libs and you're good to go. I'd recommend a nandroid backup, just in case ;).

Good luck! please post your findings, so I can try to help you and other guys using 32B phones :)

xevildoerxx

Oct 20, 2011
Oh, heh, well you need ADB first, it's faster.

Do "adb remount" and then using "adb pull" you back up the libraries in /system/lib (can do "adb pull /system/lib mybackupdir") and then using adb push you upload selected libraries to the phone's system (like "adb push libcamera.so /system/lib/libcamera.so") and then try to open the camera app. If it doesn't, try with another library containing words like "camera" and such, and see the logcat output.

I don't have the phone with me anymore, but I'd suggest trying with libcamera.so and libcameraservice.so. One at a time.

If nothing works, upload your old libs and you're good to go. I'd recommend a nandroid backup, just in case ;).

Good luck! please post your findings, so I can try to help you and other guys using 32B phones :)

sounds complicated lol, im currently trying to install the update but its bin at froyodragon please wait for like half an hour now lol...i'll do some reading up on the whole adb and see what i find.

darkguy2008

Apr 30, 2011
Heredia
sounds complicated lol, im currently trying to install the update but its bin at froyodragon please wait for like half an hour now lol...i'll do some reading up on the whole adb and see what i find.
It is, a little bit, once you get used to it, it's pretty useful :D. Huh, that's not normal, did you do a full wipe? which option did you choose? can you please post a logcat? :D

askrulous

Mar 29, 2008
London
i used auto-boot-2.6.35.14-farmatito-pershoot-ds_-20110802 i managed to get 0.8 installed over 0.7 without wiping anything after a couple tries but it keeps rebooting when i hit home key lol.

I tried that kernel(amongst others :)) with 0.8. and just got stuck on the bootloader screen.

Sent from my HTC Magic using xda premium

darkguy2008

Apr 30, 2011
Heredia
Okay so let me confirm, 0.7 works cool with farmatito's kernel? I need to know so I can try to look for differences between 0.7 and 0.8 and see if I screwed it up somewhere.

Neoman

Apr 15, 2008
I was going to do the logcat, then i found the 0.81 is out and it's said the crashing issue is solved. So i did a full wipe and flashed the 0.81, my phone got stucked at the first screen no matter i choose stockfroyo or froyodragon. :(
I guess i have to run the logcat anyway......

darkguy2008

Apr 30, 2011
Heredia
I was going to do the logcat, then i found the 0.81 is out and it's said the crashing issue is solved. So i did a full wipe and flashed the 0.81, my phone got stucked at the first screen no matter i choose stockfroyo or froyodragon. :(
I guess i have to run the logcat anyway......
What phone do you have? 32A or 32B?

I flashed a 32A the day I posted the 0.8.1 with both install options and it worked okay, full wiped and all, like 5 times due to my own testing, so it's really weird that it hangs on the first screen :/.

A logcat would prove very useful, please do!

Neoman

Apr 15, 2008
What phone do you have? 32A or 32B?

I flashed a 32A the day I posted the 0.8.1 with both install options and it worked okay, full wiped and all, like 5 times due to my own testing, so it's really weird that it hangs on the first screen :/.

A logcat would prove very useful, please do!

TIM 32A version, logcat as below, it's short...

C:\APPS\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb logcat
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
- waiting for device -
- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

C:\APPS\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>

darkguy2008

Apr 30, 2011
Heredia
My old 32A is now gaining dust in a corner. if you need any testing feel free to pm me

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
Oh wow, awesome, thanks! I'll sure do when I get back home from work :)
TIM 32A version, logcat as below, it's short...

C:\APPS\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb logcat
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
- waiting for device -
- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

C:\APPS\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>
Hm, that seems like a bad flash. Which recovery did you use? try using another SD card or re-download 0.8.1 again.

Neoman

Apr 15, 2008
here is the logcat for 0.8. The phone got FC while installing the market app i guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FroyoDragon
    v0.8.1
    "28 minus 11 Days Later"

ss4.png
    ss1.png
    ss2.png
    ss3.png

INTRO

Welcome to FroyoDragon!

This is a personal, home-made ROM I've decided to share with all of you. Its main purpose is to offer speed, stability and the newest stuff available, while still being Froyo.

FEATURES
    • AROMA Installer by amarullz!
    • Based on CM6 Stable
    • Port of Cronos Froyo & Cronos Ginger Hero ROM
    • Latest Carz's kernel
    • Latest Google Apps
    • Latest Superuser
    • 135 Density (320x480 resolution!)
    • AudioPara hack
    • Custom build.prop customizations
    • Increases download/upload speed in some networks
    • No bloat, stock look!
    • 5x5 home grid
    • MarketEnabler included
    • Fast, fast, FAST!
    DOWNLOAD

IMPORTANT: Before downloading the ROM and flashing it blindly, YOU MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND the important information shown here, ELSE DON'T WHINE SAYING IT DIDN'T WORK AND THAT I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

1. This ROM DOES NOT SUPPORT CUSTOM MTD. You can do it, but don't come asking for help if you use it and something doesn't work and you break your device or whatever.

2. You NEED. I repeat, N-E-E-D ClockWorkMod Recovery v4.0.1.4. NO, it WON'T work with Amon_Ra or anything else. It might flash, but it doesn't install everything correctly. You can get such recovery HERE (Fixed).

3. Do a FULL WIPE (/boot, /data, /cache, /system, /sd-ext) before installing this ROM. NO, it's NOT incremental and if you try to install it over a ROM it WILL format these partitions.

4. This ROM has been tested ONLY with RADIO 6.35.16.19 AND 6.35.10.18.

5. Last but not least, I would like to say I am, but I'm not responsible if by flashing this ROM you start WW3, your PC explodes or makes your phone become a Cylon and assimilates you (wtf xD) so... as always with any other ROM out there: Try it at your own risk.

Everything said, here are your links :)

Version 0.8.1 (29 Apr 2012)
    Version 0.8 (19 Apr 2012)
    Version 0.7 (04 Mar 2012)
    Version 0.6 (22 Feb 2012)
    Version 0.5 (08 Feb 2012)
    Version 0.4 (06 Jan 2012)
    Version 0.3.9 Vanilla (Barebones) (23 Dec 2011) - READ IMPORTANT INFO HERE
    Version 0.3.8 Vanilla UPDATE 1 (Barebones) (13 Dec 2011)
    Version 0.3.8 Vanilla (Barebones) (11 Dec 2011)
    Version 0.3.7 UPDATE 1 - Vanilla (Barebones) (21 Nov 2011)
    Version 0.3.7 - Vanilla (Barebones) (19 Nov 2011)
    Version 0.3.6 (29 Sep 2011)
    Version 0.3.5 (27 Sep 2011)
    Version 0.3.4 (12 Sep 2011)

NOTE FOR 32B USERS: This ROM -works- for 32B ---BUT--- you have to flash an appropiate kernel for it to work, as the included one only works for 32A. And yes, there's no CWM Recovery BUT YOU CAN USE AMON_RA 1.7 (only 32B). Also, camera may or may not work, I've found it's random, so your device may vary. Still, I think it's worth the flashing ;). Enjoy 32B users! thanks to all those who have helped to test it in their devices ^_^!

PATCHES / UPDATE.ZIPs

These are update.zip files you can download into your SD Card and apply using ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.1.4 to archieve some desired effects in the ROM.

You can apply them anytime unless they say they're made to be applied ONLY after flashing the ROM zip.

Most (if not all) of these patches are ROM-independent. If you're using it in your ROM to help your users, PLEASE GIVE PROPER CREDIT!, or if I find out (and trust me I will) I'll take them offline. Thanks :).

LCD Density 160 (Bigger fonts and UI. Default resolution) (19 Nov 2011)
    LCD Density 135 (Higher resolution. Smaller fonts / UI. FroyoDragon default) (19 Nov 2011)
    3D Gallery + Linked camera APK (23 Dec 2011)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the ROM
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Mounts & Storage -> Wipe: /data, /cache, /boot, /sd-ext, /system.
    5. Install Zip from SD Card
    6. Choose Zip from SD Card
    7. (choose the ROM file you downloaded)
    8. Reboot system now.

POST-INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Wait for the wizard to finish installing the ROM, then the phone will reboot.
    2. After choosing whether to grant access or not to MarketEnabler, you can start using your phone. If something goes bogus here, reflash.

PROBLEMS?

Sadly, I highly depend on the details you provide in order to help you. If you have any sort of problems, please follow the following steps:
    1. Make sure you have ADB installed, up and running. There are lots of tutorials on how to do this on the web and on XDA. It's an easy process and helps a lot.
    2. Turn the phone off.
    3. Open a command/terminal window and type "adb logcat" without the quotes.
    4. It should say something like "-- waiting for device --".
    5. Turn it on as you would normally (this means, no pressing the home or volume buttons).
    6. You should see lots of output. Wait 2-5 minutes or so and copy the output to Notepad or somewhere else.
    7. Paste it on paste.ubuntu.com, pastebin.ca, pastebin.com, etc. or send it to me through PM as a compressed file (ZIP, RAR, whatever works).

By following those simple steps, we all can benefit from your help, including the assistance you can get from it.
    CREDITS
    • CronosFroyo team
    • GingerYoshi team
    • Amarullz
    • Carz
    • Everyone who made this possible and taught me lots of stuff here on XDA, IRC and everywhere
    Enjoy! ^_^
    It is too quiet here (on this forum) considering the fastest ROM on the market. :)

Any more updates?

Hey, hehe, thanks ^_^!

Right now I'm testing the release vanilla 0.3.7 version before I upload it this week. I'm also in the process of creating the various update.zip files to install additional stuff as required. I'm also fighting with the notification widget buttons (2G/3G and Autorotate) 'cause they don't want to be toggled off :/.

So yeah, it's been a bit quiet 'cause I've been busy with family and trying to get a new job x_x but hey don't despair, it'll be out this week for sure :D

downloading now will try this ROM today.
    Wasn't Happy with Gingerbred .it is slow so going back

will let u know my first impressions.
    Thanks @darkguy2008

Sweet, good luck! hope you like it :D. Yeah, GB is slow :(.

Thanks a LOT guys, your support really means a lot to me :) it's what keeps this project alive! :D.
    CHANGELOG

0.8.1 (29-Apr-2012)
    === CORE & SYSTEM ===
    * Default Froyo sounds re-added
    * Fixed FroyoDragon Experience install process (thanks guys!)

=== APPS ===
    * Updated:
    - Dolphin Browser HD
    - GMail
    - Rythm Software's File Manager
    - SMS Backup & Restore
    Code:
    0.8 (19-Apr-2012)
    === CORE & SYSTEM ===
    * USING AROMA INSTALLER v2 by amarullz! :D
    * Improved init.d functions
    * Improved wiping method (added erase_image command)
    * Permissions granted to the /dev/voc* devices so rVoix can work
    * CompCache disabled (it's even FASTER!)
    * Pico TTS engine re-installed again
    * TTS voices added (taken from the installer in market. DE,EN,ES,FR & IT)
    * HTC radio build.prop "htcmaskw1" set (found in some RUU)

=== APPS ===
    * New:
      - Google Speech-Recognition Support (Voice Search)
      - YouTube
      - DeskClock (The stock clock is back in black!)
    * Updated:
      - ChargeBar
      - Dolphin Browser HD
      - Go Launcher EX
      - Google Maps
      - SMS Backup & Restore
    * Replaced:
      - Google Maps 6.3 -> Google Maps 6.5 brut.all/ownHere MOD (navigation in all countries)
        found in ( [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1007132[/URL] )

0.7 (04-Mar-2012)
    === CORE & SYSTEM ===
    * Fixed /data/data copying routines as they weren't working as expected
    * Fixed ChargerBar appearing ontop of fullscreen apps/games
    * Fixed: Holy crap, firstboot.sh wasn't executing AT ALL O_O... or something like that!

=== APPS ===
    * Fixed:
      - ChargeBar shouldn't be installed in Stock Froyo
    * Updated:
      - ChargeBar to new version. Now appears on the lockscreen :D
      - Dolphin Browser HD to new version. It has been optimized and it's faster :D
      - GO Launcher EX
      - SMS Backup & Restore
    * Replaced:
      - File Expert -> Rythm Software's File Manager (File Expert was asking for payment when getting
        root permissions (something it didn't do before) so I'm replacing it with something which does
        it for free.

=== CORE & SYSTEM ===
    * su binary updated to 3.0.3.2
    * Enabled lock/unlock sounds :)
    * Modified SMS preferences as follows:
      - Vibration ALWAYS ON when receiving an SMS
      - Receive SMS delivery reports
      - Receive MMS delivery reports
      - Removed the 200-message-limit for each conversation thread (yay!)
    * Set the phone to Always Vibrate when receiving any notification
    * Display nick/organization under the caller's contact name
    * In-call touch UI enabled by default

=== APPS ===
    * Replaced:
      - Dolphin Browser Mini -> Dolphin Browser HD
    * Updated:
      - SMS Backup & Restore
      - File eXpert
      - GO Launcher EX
      - Google Maps

=== FROYODRAGON ===
    * Fixed post-install startup app multi-re-initialization
    * Fixed version numbering
    * Using Joeseph Mother's f-su.zip to get superuser access without the dialog, so the
      FroyoDragon wouldn't get interrupted by its dialogs. It's also more automatic that way.
      It is also replaced by the normal su+superuser.apk as we all know it when it finishes
      installing.

=== FROYODRAGON EXPERIENCE ===
    * Added iPhone-y sounds 'cause I like them :)
    * White SMS background for Froyo Stock, Black for FroyoDragon Experience
    * APPS Added:
      - CB Battery Bar (more accurate battery meter using only 1-pixel-height colored bar)

================================================================================================
    ================================================================================================

0.5 (08-Feb-2012)
    === CORE & SYSTEM ===
    * Back to old Carz's kernel. Been having signal, phone & wifi issues after a while.
    * Tweaked init.d scripts some more
    * Tweaked framework.jar to improve scrolling speed ([URL]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411317[/URL])
    * SDCard read ahead back to 512 due to tips from ([URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18021594&postcount=184[/URL])
    * Added Darky's ZipAlign script on boot from ([URL]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18285859[/URL])
    * Superuser binary updated to v3.0.3.2
    * Removed "Kill app on long-pressing back button" as it became a bit annoying sometimes
    * Fixed missing & incompatible market apps with LCD-density-patched market 3.4
    * Replaced Email.apk with Android Emulator's one thanks to Laurie ([URL]http://laur.ie/blog/2010/09/exchange-2010-sp1-sync-with-android-froyo/[/URL])
      so it allows to sync with Exchange 2010 servers which have ActiveSync set by default as synchronization devices (tested as of today)

=== APPS ===
    * Updated:
      - GO Launcher EX
      - GO Launcher EX Notification
      - Google Maps 6.2
      - SMS Backup & Restore
      - Android Market 3.4.4 (LCD-Density-Patched)
      - Market Enabler
    * Fixed:
      - Wired Tether app moved back to /data/app so it installs correctly
    * Replaced:
      - Mini File Manager -> File Xpert. Sorry :( but it seems the current app doesn't 
        have a hook which the SMS Backup & Restore app needs to let the user browse
        for a different backup file. Also, File Xpert can explore the whole device ^_^.

0.4 (06-Jan-2012)
    === CORE & SYSTEM ===
    * NEW KERNEL from Carz's CM 7.1 (2.3.7) 12-31-2011's build :)
    * Fixed Google Maps slowdown with build.prop edit in OpenGL version
    * /etc/init.d script enhancements for better battery use and speed tweaks
      by BMc08GT found in PowerBoost v2.2 (for DroidX, LOL)
    * More build.prop enhancements
    * APNs updated
    * Added new media profiles XML
    * /data/local/userinit.d support
    * Updated HTC Radio & Acoustics libraries with 2.3.7 ones
    * Updated Android PixelFlinger 1.3 to 1.4 (yay!)
    * Updated libnetutils.so & libnetlink.so with 2.3.7's so WiFi worked with Carz's 2.3.7 kernel
    * Updated some Permissions XML files
      - Added Android VoIP SIP XML
      - Added raw audio permission allowance (I think?)
    * Added Android location provider
    * Added DroidSansJapanese.ttf font file
    * Updated QWERTY keylayout file
    * Updated Zoneinfo files from 2009s to 2011n

=== FROYODRAGON ===
    * Updated helper utility to change themes within a script
    * Added "branding" feature on post-install script, so you can choose if you want
      the full FroyoDragon experience or Stock Froyo instead :)
    * FroyoDragon Experience:
      - Minimal Matte skin!, thanks to LordGiotto for suggesting it :)
        Skin by shiftedx - [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=726912[/URL]  
      - Better fonts :)
      - Custom gingerbread-like statusbar 3g/signal/battery icons from UOT kitchen :D
      - Better smileys (less droid-like because the ":O" and ":*" looked damn weird! D:)
        They are updated in the framework-res, but they don't show up in MMS/GTalk, oh well.

=== APPS ===
    * Updated:
      - GO Launcher EX
      - SMS Backup & Restore
    * Added:
      - Bander Notepad (Stock doesn't have a notepad, and it's highly needed!)

0.3.9 (23-Dic-2011)
    * Tweaked SD card r/w buffer to 3072
    * More build.prop & init.d enhancements
    * Improved FroyoDragon startup app to provide more information while installing.
    * Added a helper app for interactive post-install scripts. Don't worry, it's
      uninstalled upon finish.
    * Apps updated:
      - GO Launcher EX
      - GO Launcher EX Notifications
      - Android Market 2.2.6
      - Google Maps 6.0.3
      - SMS Backup & Restore
    * Apps replaced:
      - Stock Browser -> Dolphin Mini
    * Apps added:
      - Google Talk

0.3.8 Update 1 (13-Dic-2011)
    * Improved camera quality by changing ImageEncoding quality to 100, 95, 90
    * Increased camera memory cap to 25000000
    * Back to old market because it's faster, with default MDPI assets.
    * Apps updated:
      - SMS Backup & Restore
      - Google Maps 6.0.2
    * Apps added:
      - Email app

0.3.8 (11-Dic-2011)
    * Tweaked progressbar.
    * Improved updater-script with a better wiping method.
    * MarketEnabler already set to emulate a specific region with all apps.
    * Fixed signal bug with Gingerbread's radio & acoustics HTC libs.
    * Back to old market because it's faster.
    * Fixed market's white titlebar with HDPI assets.
    * Apps updated:
      - Market Enabler
      - GO Launcher EX
      - Superuser (su) to 3.0.7

0.3.7 Update 1 (21-Nov-2011)
    * updater-script now formats /cache :)
    * build.prop enhancements & performance improvements (hopefully)
    * Fixed Market top bar issue with Froyo HDPI market (FreeX10 ROM)
    * Fixed keyboard transparent borders issue by editing the LatinIME.apk
      with HDPI images from stock froyo's LatinIME in HDPI from FreeX10 ROM
    * Added LED notification events for bootup (init.d) and FroyoDragon
      first-boot initialization & setup. Check the thread for more info.
    * Changed libhtc_ril.so (HTC's radio library, I assume) which seems
      to have fixed the missing signal issue, YAY!. Still has a bug or
      two but it seems it's fixed now, or at least it doesn't annoy
      as much, but for those with problems, please give it a try.
    * Replaced LauncherPro with GO Launcher EX in Vanilla froyo because
      it has resizable widgets already, and it's as fast as LP.
    * Added custom-made GO launcher theme for this ROM, or any stock
      froyo anyways. DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE.

0.3.7 (19-Nov-2011)
    * More build.prop enhancements & experimentation
    * Fixed initial apps package install method
    * Fixed USB tethering app (missing lib due to wrong install method)
    * Fixed? unable to fully remove 2G/3G & WiFi notification toggles
      (thanks guys for your bug reports!)
    * New install flavors (separate ZIP files):
      * Vanilla Froyo
      * FroyoDragon
    * Added COOL NEW WALLPAPERS! (thanks mcdizzay!, they rock! :D)
    * Removed /system/bin/mountro and mountrw. They never work I dunno why
    * Apps updated:
      - GMail
      - SMS Backup & Restore
      - SoundHound
      - Market Enabler
    * Apps added:
      - File Manager (APK provided by Dejavot!)
      - anCorder (Use this to record videos instead)
      - eBuddy (for IM)
      - WhatsApp (free BBMSN-like chat)
      - Twitter
      - Facebook Messenger
    * Apps replaced:
      - Dialer -> GO Dialer EX
      - Contacts -> GO Contacts EX
      - LauncherPro -> GO Launcher EX

0.3.6 (29-Sep-2011)
    * Wallpaper pack added! cool dragons ahead! :P
      * Wallpapers taken from DeviantArt & random websites. Credits go to:
        Gerguter, Crom29, di3i3pum, darkdevil88 , aeremita & rigobcastro.
    * Fixed sounds in build.prop, sorry!
    * windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec set to 80 to see if there's an improvement
      (as found in a Huawei UM840 ROM. Slower phone but it has faster responsiveness
       so I guess it'll help)
    * Google maps 5.10.1 released 28-Sep-2011 with WORKING navigation - even for 
      Venezuela! (yay!) no need for brut.all's mod :)
    * Fixed Camera & 2D Gallery - Camera wasn't opening the 2D gallery when touching
      the last-shot-picture-button :P
    * Apps updated
      - SoundHound
    * Apps added
      - Twitter (official)
    * Apps replaced
      - Browser -> Dolphin Browser Mini

0.3.5 (27-Sep-2011)
    * a2SD DISABLED. I seem to get disappearing apps after a random manual reboot
      so I'm disabling it to see if that's the culprit or not.
    * Removed extra audio files to reduce download size. Install Rings Extended
      to change the sounds.
    * Better build.prop file :)
    * Removed Hero/Trout keypad files. They aren't for Sapphire/Magic.
    * Removed unneeded? config files.
    * Fixed /data permissions in updater-script.
    * Cleaned up startup scripts.
    * Added different NTP servers (GPS might be faster now, hopefully!).
    * USB Tethering "fixed" (workaround by running Wired Tether app instead!)
    * Improved post-install scripts
    * Improved APNs
    * Modified LED light library with library taken from Pershoot in order
      to blink green while charging so you can see you have pending 
      notifications (SMS works & tested). More info: 
      - [URL]http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=1301[/URL]
      - [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=852299[/URL]
    * Back to the original fonts (sorry for the previous tiny iPhone-like font!)
    * Fixed squares shown where special characters would be because of the
      previous version's font change
    * Anti-DroidDream malware patch applied by Rodderick. More info: 
      [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11782644&postcount=1[/URL]
    * Window/Transition animations set to Fast
    * Fixed initial volume & vibration settings
    * Enable rotation by default
    * Added hacked Camera.apk to call 2D gallery instead of 3D one by
      smoothtaste, thus, fixing bug reported by jhonatann_989! :) More info:
      [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9284928&postcount=5[/URL]
    * Bluetooth name changed to "HTC Magic"
    * Apps added
      - Notepad
      - Facebook
      - SoundHound
      - Wired Tether

0.3.4 (12-Sep-2011)
    * Fixed bootloop caused by wrong font name (Clocktopia.ttf instead of Clockopia.ttf!)
    * Fixed buttons not lighting up (backlight) thanks to johmir for providing solution found in a CGX-Magic ROM post by arekmelerski
      ( [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17451450&postcount=76[/URL] )
    * Tweaked wipe.sh once again
    * Tweaked /etc/init.d/30tweaks using some stuff found in CGX-Magic ROM :P
    * Updated MarketEnabler
    * Added SMS Backup & Restore
    * Another attempt at fixing FCs, sorry! u.u

0.3.3 (1-Sep-2011)
    * Better wipe.sh modifications
    * Corrected LICENSE file
    * Cronos modules/governor removed, due to being the Death-In-Sleep cause.
    * NTP pool changed to south-america.pool.ntp.org
    * Removed useless /ec/bookmarks.xml
    * New iPhone-like fonts!
    * Fixed? LauncherPro FCs (hopefully!)
    * Removed QuickPic and added the 2D default gallery (thanks jhonatann_989!)
    * Fixed? Accelerometer with some help from jesusotero!
    * Rollback GL library, since the modified one caused problems :/

0.3.2 (12-Aug-2011)
    * New adb/terminal commands: mountro, mountrw, to mount /system read-only or read-write.
    * Added Cronos modules and tweaks, from Cronos Froyo
    * Some fixes in updater-script
    * Ad-free hosts file (sorry, data plans are expensive in my country)
    * AudioPara.csv reverted to CM6 original, just for testing call volumes. For some reason it gets *too* loud.
    * Updated libraries (should be a bit faster now)
      * GL

0.3.1 (10-Aug-2011)
    * Bootloops fixed now.
    * Frequency changed from 352-614 to 352-595 so it's safer. Damn, need an UI for that.
    * Added a very cool post-boot step, where some apps are installed and permissions get fixed. It also helps to make the first boot faster.
    * Added latest gmail.
    * New, cooler bootanim.

0.3 (09-Aug-2011)
    * Tried to fix the force-closes and bootloops.

0.2 Test 1 (09-Aug-2011)
    * Added after-boot script to fix the black screen error and reboot the phone automatically. That should fix the black screen errors.

0.2 (08-Aug-2011)
    * Fixed LauncherPro FCs at first boot
    * Added Carz's kernel in the install process
    * Fixed GPS/Wifi issues by including kernel
    * Gallery added (QuickPic)
    * Newer update-binary
    * New bootanim by Sparksco just 'cause I like it and it has fire in it :P ( [URL]http://xdaforums.com/show...postcount=7133[/URL] )

0.1 (6-Aug-2011)
    * Initial release
    Best ROM I tried ! Thank you so much! It brought life back to my magic!!

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

Yay! I'm glad you like it! :D ^_^!!

Okay guys, I've had to flash 0.3.7 for a client and so far so good, for him and me, so I'm gonna work on a few issues it has, add/update some apps and release it too.

About the GSM signal weirdness, somebody has reported the same issue to me too so I guess I'm gonna leave out the 3G hack and upload it as a separate update.zip file for Venezuelan users.

Expect a new version soon! ;) thanks all for your support!! :D :D
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(
    I'm so sorry.... you were the best developer for htc magic!!!
    FroyoDragon 0.7 works perfectly on my device, but I would have liked to see more updates in the future...
    Now what device will you buy?
    Aw, thanks XD... hey, I said I'll keep working on it XD... just, it might be a tad slow 'cause I need betatesters... or a new magic :/

I tried to look for one so I can save up again but man, it's -very- hard to find it. Back when I bought it (last year) it was the only one in the store, of about 3 stores + 2 malls I went to.

Now, further development could be faster and/or less buggier if I could get another one, but since it's expensive -and- hard to find locally, I find it not very possible... unless, of course, I find a way to get it from Amazon (the only foreign store allowed in Venezuela), but alas, we have a limited "coupon" of 400$ maximum to spend online -and- I don't have a credit card, so...

I don't like to ask for donations because, hey, they're donations, you give it if you want to support someone's work, but hey, a dollar here is worth a ton, so even the smallest amount could be a big help! And you know, if I received 1$ for each ROM download, I'd surely quit my job xD. But sadly that isn't the case :(. Hey, I also have an address to send the phone through a courier, I'd have to ask if they allow to send somebody's spare Magic, I dunno what to think =(.

Right now I got a small, one of those basic, 160x120 screen & QVGA camera phones to, at least, receive emails through EDGE, Alcatel brand... lol. It's better than nothing :/

---
    EDIT:

I just got a Defy! :D so I guess I'll be developing some ROMs for it anytime soon :). Who knows, I could apply this ROM some cool stuff I can find in Defy ROMs :D