[Q] Is this really Gorilla Glass 3?????!!!!!!!

Search This thread

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
oh guys...!!! i just put my guitar on the bed and the z1 was on the pillow ! the impact was totally nothing..less than one cm ... no doubt on that..
it was not a impact that makes the screen like it..
considering that there is no anti shatter film ( which there is one ! ) the gorilla glass 3 should break out this easy???!!!

IMG_20140629_113807.jpg

IMG_20140629_121933.jpg

IMG_20140629_112501.jpg

And... the touch is not working .the screen goes crazy when i turn it on and the upper half isn't working at all... :(
check the pics

Attachments

• IMG_20140629_112501.jpg
    IMG_20140629_112501.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_20140629_113807.jpg
    IMG_20140629_113807.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_20140629_121933.jpg
    IMG_20140629_121933.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 589

ryandxter

Mar 12, 2013
The Special Region of Yogyakarta
considering that there is no anti shatter film ( which there is one ! ) the gorilla glass 3 should break out this easy???!!!
And... the touch is not working .the screen goes crazy when i turn it on and the upper half isn't working at all... :(
check the pics

who said Z1 using gorilla glass 3 dude?

check THIS out !!
see under Protection: Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass there's no one said Z1 using gorilla glass eve in worldwide

that doesn't mean that Z1's screen unbreakable! but just scratchless, hope this helpful for you.... next time see detail specs and consider carefully before bought something

Last edited:
Reactions: NiM72NiK

dnzdeniz

Feb 25, 2012
Man y'know, guitars r heavy (if it is electro)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
Sony Xperia Z1 is using Dragontrail on the front and Gorilla glass on the back, that impact was just a bad luck

thats exactly correct...that was a real bad luck!

Man y'know, guitars r heavy (if it is electro)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

man! its not electro and i just put the bottom in the bed gently and the head just felt on the screen so much lightly ! the impact was noting at all!
bad luck ,... :(

dnzdeniz

Feb 25, 2012
thats exactly correct...that was a real bad luck!

man! its not electro and i just put the bottom in the bed gently and the head just felt on the screen so much lightly ! the impact was noting at all!
bad luck ,... :(

WTH? Our phone is that unprotected? I wasn't expecting that :/
Man, I wish your phone (and you) get better.

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
WTH? Our phone is that unprotected? I wasn't expecting that :/
Man, I wish your phone (and you) get better.

i'm shocking because of that! i dont know. maybe there are some weak points or that was quite a bad bad bad luck
but i think a screen guard ( which i removed 3days ago) could protect it a little bit better.maybe It wouldn't break if the screen guard was installed.by the way , I was expecting the touch to stand working but now my z1 is useless totally! keeps yours safe and try using a front covered case.

Z1 isn't hard to replace the screen. Did for mine with no issues. Check witrigs.com for instructions and all the needed parts.

man the problem is money ! :( in Iran these parts are totally expensive (about 250 US$) just for screen!which 1$ is 3000Tomans and i just earn 600,000Tomans each month
but thanks for noticing. I may one day try to replace it by my own!

Last edited:

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
It's just bad luck m8, I feel for you but the fact of the matter is the devices now cracked and it'd be impossible to convince Sony or your provider of how it happened and to get a sympathetic ear, looks to me like you'll have to either fix it yourself or claim on insurance.

Did you insure it? How old is it if not? You may be able to add insurance on from your provider, I know EE in the UK offer this service at any time.

Steve_max

Nov 20, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
It's actually Dragontrail glass. But both Gorilla and Dragontrail are NOT unbreakable: they are harder, so they are less likely to scratch, but that makes them more prone to break. Diamonds, for example, are the hardest material known; but they break/chip very easily. Our phones are like that, if there's a light impact on the wrong angle the screen will shatter easily.

blud7

Jul 12, 2010

check THIS out !!
see under Protection: Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass there's no one said Z1 using gorilla glass eve in worldwide

that doesn't mean that Z1's screen unbreakable! but just scratchless, hope this helpful for you.... next time see detail specs and consider carefully before bought something

The Z1 scratches quite easily. My S4 remained pristine after over a year of use, so did my Galaxy Note. This scratched within a month and continues to get minor scratches over time.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I hear you with the scratches, i've had cases on my phone since day one and there are scratches on the back of the phone, it's never been without a case and i take very good care of my devices, the front and back now have Zagg shields on them so they're ok now but yea it does scratch very easily, especially the back.

Jacker75

Jun 5, 2014
TURKU
Its breakable anyhow.

It's quite breakable as far as i noticed, and also scratcahble :) All tested and failed..

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

By the way, the touch screen is too expensive like 200 euros..

It's realy looks like i gonna sell it out soon..

Lancerz

Dec 22, 2008
Riverdale, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I was walking to my car today and dropped my phone...It landed flat on the screen. Picked it up and it had about 5 pretty bad scratches on it, but when I got home I took the stock screen protector off and it looks brand new now.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Jacker75

Jun 5, 2014
TURKU
I was walking to my car today and dropped my phone...It landed flat on the screen. Picked it up and it had about 5 pretty bad scratches on it, but when I got home I took the stock screen protector off and it looks brand new now.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

That can be only coincidence. Have you ever noticed or heard that it's getting scracthed while all protecters on ? :)

Wonder why they produce so expensive mobiles that breaks so easly... I think we are the lazy consumers who don't search enough:)

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
It's all about luck chaps, i've dropped a phone from the top of a cupboard which is around 9 feet up onto slate, one single dent nothing else and yet i've seen someone drop the same phone from less than 2 feet and the whole screen has smashed ? Not worth trying to figure out, once that phones in free fall it's simply a case of luck.

Oh i forgot, we also threw a 9320 blackberry down some stairs, concrete covered with lino, around 50 steps. Some bumps and bruises but no cracks :)

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
by the way since i dont have enough money to buy a new phone ( z1 or z2 or any other new phones) I decided to repair it :laugh: and planning for the z3 :cool: . beacuase in Iran there is no insurance for phones ( just for HTC ) and no warranty and even if I had the bootloader is unlocked so its voided . the only concern here is for replacement cares. most of repairers dont care enough so you will see the repair marks on body.

one question , the new lcd even the original one (which i want to use) has the same quality ? does it fit on body completely? the colors? every thing is the same?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    check the pics

check THIS out !!

Sony Xperia Z1 is using Dragontrail on the front and Gorilla glass on the back, that impact was just a bad luck
    Z1 isn't hard to replace the screen. Did for mine with no issues. Check witrigs.com for instructions and all the needed parts.
    It's just bad luck m8, I feel for you but the fact of the matter is the devices now cracked and it'd be impossible to convince Sony or your provider of how it happened and to get a sympathetic ear, looks to me like you'll have to either fix it yourself or claim on insurance.

Did you insure it? How old is it if not? You may be able to add insurance on from your provider, I know EE in the UK offer this service at any time.
    It's actually Dragontrail glass. But both Gorilla and Dragontrail are NOT unbreakable: they are harder, so they are less likely to scratch, but that makes them more prone to break. Diamonds, for example, are the hardest material known; but they break/chip very easily. Our phones are like that, if there's a light impact on the wrong angle the screen will shatter easily.