Wallpapers and notification sounds keep changing

Search This thread

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
hey guys, so my brothers got a droid 3, and since he lives in wyoming and i'm in NJ, i can't diagnose it in person...

but he keeps having his background wallpapers changing by themselves all the time. he's using stock backgrounds, not SD card images, and they always just randomly change. he said it'll change between two gray type ones over and over. pretty anoying.

he also says his ringtones keep changing by themselves and constantly changes his ringer, notification sounds, and now his email notification makes a sound even though he had that off.

anyone have any idea whats wrong? it's stock phone, no root or anything...thanks!!

savage6

Jan 30, 2012
Windsor
Ive had the ring tone issue before but never the wallpaper one. To fix the ringtone issue i just factory reset and reinstalled my apps via titanium backup. Hasnt reoccured since.

Rotkaeqpchen

Apr 30, 2008
The ringtones: Thats because everytime you mount your usb cable and access the sdcard the link to the ringtones and notification tones gets lost. Putting these as a root user in system/media prevents them from getting lost.

try it.