[GUIDE] How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 [Video Walkthrough]

Search This thread

minahlepak

Dec 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Will this work with android 4.0.4 pre loaded?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda premium

Will this method also work for 4.0.4? Thanks.

This will work. Just follow steps carefully. Be sure drivers are installed correctly. Thats the most important. Coz it will be needed when using ODIN.

P/s: I rooted mine using this method.

8. You should see that you are in ClockworkMod Recovery. If not, start over ... cool start over? i did it still same ****, jumping menu and i can't see anything... what now?

i got GT-7500 wigi 3g ... i have done lot of tutorials but i have still same problem... crazy jumping menu when i want to install the
Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root ... what to do? is it even possible to put ice cream to this kind of tablet? because as i read i ain't one who got problem with this..

any ideas?

Try flashing the latest CWM recovery using ODIN. Or try this one...?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6f9ajriglxbtwb8/VaKcnJhdkC

Yes its possible. Once rooted, u may basically flahs any ROM version of Android even up to JB. Or even go back to HC.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2012
Hi, yesterday I rooted this tab
since rooting few apps close after "shell has been granted superuser permission"
is this a rooting problem or am I doing something wrong :confused::confused:!!
help will be appreciated :)

minahlepak

Dec 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, yesterday I rooted this tab
since rooting few apps close after "shell has been granted superuser permission"
is this a rooting problem or am I doing something wrong :confused::confused:!!
help will be appreciated :)

Shud not be a rooting problem since I dont face them. What app did u granted su permission? What app are closing? Did the app say stop working?

Hyperjumped from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Feb 20, 2012
Shud not be a rooting problem since I dont face them. What app did u granted su permission? What app are closing? Did the app say stop working?

app called baseball superstar 2013, which was running nicely until I rooted
it just ask for permission "allow" n "deny"...which when even I touch any part of box of asking permission freeze the tab
even batman:dark knight rises app

Last edited:

minahlepak

Dec 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
app called baseball superstar 2013, which was running nicely until I rooted
it just ask for permission "allow" n "deny"...which when even I touch any part of box of asking permission freeze the tab
even batman:dark knight rises app

I dont remember games needing su permission. I dont play these games. Myb i'll try dloading n see if it happens to me.
U can try uninstalling the games to see if anything helps. Then reinstal the games. Try every possible solution. If problem still persist then we'll see what to do next.

orobin

Feb 9, 2006
Lyon
unfortunatly, with a galaxy tab 10.1 p7510 ( the forst one), under samsung android 4.0.4, it does not work.

I try 3 times, doing all the step, withgout any difference compared to the tutorial.

after the latest reboot, my device is not rooted.
:(

thanks for any advice
Olivier

techcraver

Jul 21, 2010
Can't get it to work

So, I've downloaded root.zip...got the drivers installed.

I then went in to Odin and installed the recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5 file.

however, when I go into recover, I have no CWM...I have the Android system recovery...and when I try to install Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip, I get an E:signature verification failed message.

I'm on a Verizon Wireless LTE Galaxy Tab 10.1 that's been updated to 4.0.4

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

VoiD_Dweller

Aug 5, 2011
Orlando, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
Great guide. My daughter has Rett Syndrome and we use her tablet for AAC applications and needed to root so we could get the best battery usage out of it with a new Kernel and CPU tweaks. Thanks again for taking the time to write up this guide, it's greatly appreciated. :)

kidguy26

Aug 24, 2009
Thanks for the explicit guide , now I have a problem , after I try to go to recover mode by pressing volume down + power button , I go to recover mode indeed but the screen keeps rolling ( looping ) and i cannot indeed see anything, plse save me , how to overcome this ? i've wanted to root my galaxy tab 10.1 wifi since son long , plse help

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
That question has been answered in this forum many, many times. Please search before posting.

Sent from my 4.2.GSII

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
I am sorry mate , but really I am lost and have been here for the past 5 hours honestly , if you can give me a link that solves the problem it will be really appreciated .

Everybody gets one, right? :)

Go to droidbasement.com and get the US 4.0.4 bootloader file (md5) from pershoot's cm10 folder. Flash that in the bootloader area of Odin and that should solve your issue.

5 hours and could not find it? I am not trying to be a jerk my friend, not at all, but there are whole threads dedicated to solving the rolling recovery screen in the GTab 10.1 Q&A forum. You need to search harder next time :) go right now to the Q&A area and search for 'rolling recovery'.

Sent from my Infamous Tab.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A big thanks to RoboBear, tphillips, Lorddeff07, and anyone else that has helped make this happen.

I try to make my guides simple and straightforward so that the average user can root their device. I show every detail and walk you through the process. This guide is a complete video walkthrough on how to root the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi with edits based on the issues that some may run into with previous guides. Without further ado, let's get started!

LINK TO MOD EDIT:eek:utdated links

◄●REQUIRED DOWNLOADS●►

Just download, do not install or run anything yet.

◄●Instructions●►

This method is done on Windows. I recommend this way as its the easiest. If you don't have Windows, borrow from a friend.

◄●Downloading Files and Installing Drivers●►

1. Download the I have linked.
    2. Extract the zip file by right clicking and selecting "Extract All," or by using an extracting program of your choice.
    3. Open the folder and double click the driver file labeled "GT-p7510_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0-Escape.exe"
    4. Install the driver. Its pretty much just Next, Next, Install, and Exit when its done.

◄●Connecting the Device●►

1. Turn on USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and checking USB debugging. Click Okay to confirm
    2. Power off the device by holding the power button and selecting Power off
    3. Put the device into Downloading mode
      1. Hold the Vol Down button (the left Volume button) and then hold the Power button as well.
      2. Keep holding until you see two icons. First you'll see the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 logo and then the icons will show up. Let go.
      3. Press the Vol Up button (the right Volume button) to select Downloading mode.
    4. Connect the device to your computer with the USB cable.

◄●Flashing a Custom Recovery●►

1. Go into the same root folder as before.
    2. Double click the root application named "Odin3_v1.85.exe"
    3. Select PDA
    4. Double click the clockworkmod recovery file labeled "recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5" to select it.
    5. Click Start
    6. Once it is complete, you can close the program

◄●Completing the Root●►

1. Disconnect your USB cable
    2. On your device, turn off USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and unchecking USB debugging
    3. Plug your USB cable back in
    4. On your computer, go to the same root folder as before and transfer the zip file labeled "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip" to your device. Don't put it inside any folder.
    5. Confirm that it was transferred by clicking inside the device folder
    6. Power off the device by holding the power button and selecting Power off
    7. Put the device into Recovery mode
      1. Hold the Vol Down button (the left Volume button) and then hold the Power button as well.
      2. Keep holding until you see two icons. First you'll see the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 logo and then the icons will show up. Let go.
      3. Press the Vol Down button (the left Volume button) to highlight the left icon.
      4. Press the Vol Up button (the right Volume button) to select Recovery mode.
    8. You should see that you are in ClockworkMod Recovery. If not, start over
    9. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Install zip from SD card" and hit the Power button to select it.
    10. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Choose zip from SD card" and hit the Power button to select it.
    11. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip" and hit the Power button to select it.
    12. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Yes - Install..." and hit the Power button to select it.
    13. When it finishes, the last line should say "Install from sdcard complete."
    14. Use the volume buttons to highlight "*****Go Back*****" and hit the Power button to select it.
    15. Hit the Power button to select "reboot system now"
    16. Your device will reboot

You're now rooted!
    I love how you have proper grammar and punctuation skills. Spacing is good, fonts are bold where they need to be, this is how a guide should look!

All guides should be written like this, can u offer classes for the uneducated?
    I love how you have proper grammar and punctuation skills. Spacing is good, fonts are bold where they need to be, this is how a guide should look!

All guides should be written like this, can u offer classes for the uneducated?

Would there be a higher demand for that than my guides? lol. But thanks a lot, I appreciate it :) Just trying to make it easy for everyone.
    Root.Zip link is broken

A big thanks to RoboBear, tphillips, Lorddeff07, and anyone else that has helped make this happen.

I try to make my guides simple and straightforward so that the average user can root their device. I show every detail and walk you through the process. This guide is a complete video walkthrough on how to root the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi with edits based on the issues that some may run into with previous guides. Without further ado, let's get started!

LINK TO VIDEO WALKTHROUGH FOR HOW TO ROOT THE Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi)

◄●REQUIRED DOWNLOADS●►

Just download, do not install or run anything yet.

◄●Instructions●►

This method is done on Windows. I recommend this way as its the easiest. If you don't have Windows, borrow from a friend.

◄●Downloading Files and Installing Drivers●►

1. Download the root.zip I have linked.
    2. Extract the zip file by right clicking and selecting "Extract All," or by using an extracting program of your choice.
    3. Open the folder and double click the driver file labeled "GT-p7510_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0-Escape.exe"
    4. Install the driver. Its pretty much just Next, Next, Install, and Exit when its done.

◄●Connecting the Device●►

1. Turn on USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and checking USB debugging. Click Okay to confirm
    2. Power off the device by holding the power button and selecting Power off
    3. Put the device into Downloading mode
      3. Press the Vol Up button (the right Volume button) to select Downloading mode.
    4. Connect the device to your computer with the USB cable.

◄●Flashing a Custom Recovery●►

1. Go into the same root folder as before.
    2. Double click the root application named "Odin3_v1.85.exe"
    3. Select PDA
    4. Double click the clockworkmod recovery file labeled "recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5" to select it.
    5. Click Start
    6. Once it is complete, you can close the program

◄●Completing the Root●►

1. Disconnect your USB cable
    2. On your device, turn off USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and unchecking USB debugging
    3. Plug your USB cable back in
    4. On your computer, go to the same root folder as before and transfer the zip file labeled "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip" to your device. Don't put it inside any folder.
    5. Confirm that it was transferred by clicking inside the device folder
    6. Power off the device by holding the power button and selecting Power off
    7. Put the device into Recovery mode
      3. Press the Vol Down button (the left Volume button) to highlight the left icon.
      4. Press the Vol Up button (the right Volume button) to select Recovery mode.
    8. You should see that you are in ClockworkMod Recovery. If not, start over
    9. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Install zip from SD card" and hit the Power button to select it.
    10. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Choose zip from SD card" and hit the Power button to select it.
    11. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip" and hit the Power button to select it.
    12. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Yes - Install..." and hit the Power button to select it.
    13. When it finishes, the last line should say "Install from sdcard complete."
    14. Use the volume buttons to highlight "*****Go Back*****" and hit the Power button to select it.
    15. Hit the Power button to select "reboot system now"
    16. Your device will reboot

You're now rooted!

root.Zip link is broken
    Hi,

Soon i will get my Tab 10.1 3G...
    So my Q is, will this work also on a 3G model? And i read a lot of stuff about a locked Boot loader?? do i have to unlock it first?? Or can i just use this method?

Thx in avance...

This method is for the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Works on a 3G P7500 as well. Thats the one you proberly bought in Holland... :p

So the short answer is: Yes!