[Q] Note 3 boot loop after root

Search This thread

DictatorZero

Jan 17, 2014
So I looked into all the stuff for rooting my T-mobile Note 3, checked to make sure that the multi touch bug wasn't there (I think I did it right), red up on the process and watched the video for the CF auto root 3 times before I did it. The root went without a hitch, I was able to install a few root programs (titanium, pimp my rom, Greenify, FullScreen, DriveDroid, Good Mood Droid Gesture Control, Stick Mount, AFWall+, Samba File Sharing, and some others I can't recall off the top of my head).

I was able to make a back up with Titanium, I went into AFWall+ and tweaked all my apps (only white apps in the list) and there was another "security" app I used, but it's name eludes me at this time (it was fairly similar to AFWall+. After that the phone just goes through a incessant boot loop. Starts up (which takes a little bit longer then normal), works for about 60 seconds normally, locks up and restarts. I tried pulling the battery and shutting it down, but it continues to do it.

I'm just wondering what could have caused this, how to fix it and what to do to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

So I looked into all the stuff for rooting my T-mobile Note 3, checked to make sure that the multi touch bug wasn't there (I think I did it right), red up on the process and watched the video for the CF auto root 3 times before I did it. The root went without a hitch, I was able to install a few root programs (titanium, pimp my rom, Greenify, FullScreen, DriveDroid, Good Mood Droid Gesture Control, Stick Mount, AFWall+, Samba File Sharing, and some others I can't recall off the top of my head).

I was able to make a back up with Titanium, I went into AFWall+ and tweaked all my apps (only white apps in the list) and there was another "security" app I used, but it's name eludes me at this time (it was fairly similar to AFWall+. After that the phone just goes through a incessant boot loop. Starts up (which takes a little bit longer then normal), works for about 60 seconds normally, locks up and restarts. I tried pulling the battery and shutting it down, but it continues to do it.

I'm just wondering what could have caused this, how to fix it and what to do to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

If I were you I would start over again and Odin flash the stock official N900T 4.3 stock rom from
SamMobile.com or any other place which has it available for downloading.

After doing that, use the cf-auto root to root the phone and odin flash twrp or cwm recovery.

Once that's done make a Nandroid backup in recovery so next time when you have these bootloops,
lockups and other issues you can simply restore your rooted Nandroid backup.

All those apps you mentioned with the exception of titanium backup which you used to "TWEAK" your
phone are causing the issues you are having, there is no good reason to even use all those tweaking
apps and most likely are totally un-necessary in the first place.

If your phone works properly after odin flashing official stock firmware and rooting it then the fault
is not in the phone, or the official rom but the fault is in one of those tweaking tools you like to use
either because it's faulty, or you don't know how to use it.

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
If you can get into advanced settings of your WiFi connection in the 60 seconds before freezing, uncheck "always allow scanning". This had been known to cause boot loops for some people.

If it still loops, try uninstalling all those apps one by one to see which so is causing the issue.

And if that doesn't fix it, I would do as suggested above with the restore.

Sent from any phone that isn't made by Apple.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Maybe you could try something simple first: safe boot. In safe boot the culprit app should not start and if the damage is not in system files, that should give you chance to delete programs one by one and possibly find a culprit, otherwise, if you restore the ROM, you'll never know which one caused the problem. I would assume you wiped cache and if all failed, maybe factory reset?