Garbage Software

Search This thread

Paperinik68

Sep 15, 2011
One of the things that I hate is unstable software. I've had my Z2 on .402 for a long time, and recently my phone and messaging app have started crashing all over the place. Very very disturbing.

I just did a full wipe and reset, but this is the first handset I've ever had to deal with two basic functions going out on me....

Paperinik68

Sep 15, 2011
Funny... and thanks for the constructive reply.

But, I've owned a ton of handsets over the years. Have you really ever had to repair the preinstalled ROM because of failing phone and SMS functions? I can't really think of another phone where this has happened.

The question is more as to why? I've filled up the installed memory enough as to have to delete apps and data to get below the recommended 75%. Maybe that corrupted the phone's memory? I can't say, but again, this is a first. And, I have never been one to complain about all the other small things out there (camera, overheating, misaligned glass, single speakre output, etc).

I do expect to be able to make calls consistently, though.

Paperinik68

Sep 15, 2011
I did. I just didn't expect to have to reflash due to those apps failing. You're on a D6503. Mine prompts me with the chinese keyboard first. Are you on .402 or .314?