What is the best kernel to use with the new express rom?

Search This thread

htc1005

Apr 20, 2012
I installed the new Express rom without installing a new kernel so I still have the stock kernel that is on the phone. I wanted to change to another kernel that goes well with this rom especially helping with battery life. What do you guys suggest? I was reading on the other forums and read to go with classic sbc kernel? not sure what is or where I would find the kernel to download. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Brilliancy

Mar 1, 2012
There is no right answer. Different people have different results with the same kernel, so just try a few of the popular ones out for yourself. Experiment with different governors and I/O schedulers too.

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
I installed the new Express rom without installing a new kernel so I still have the stock kernel that is on the phone. I wanted to change to another kernel that goes well with this rom especially helping with battery life. What do you guys suggest? I was reading on the other forums and read to go with classic sbc kernel? not sure what is or where I would find the kernel to download. Thanks for the help!

This is just my two cents but I would personally go with either #1 choice: Underworld Kernel. Plan B: #2 choice: Mason Kernel.