[Bug List][Source Comparison] P880-Dev VS CM-11.0 - Which is for you?

Which Sources Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Hid3away

Apr 28, 2014
P880-Dev VS CM-11.0

Code:
[B]Disclaimer[/B]
[LEFT]
I take no responsibility if i influence you in choosing the wrong source 
that would most suit you, i am not looking for conflict, rather to help out 
people who are lets say "in the dark". Also, you flash whichever Rom at
your own risk blah blah, you get it right, idc and am not responsible ye?[/LEFT]

Okay so an info thread right, many people in the development section (I have been reading and watching) have been asking questions about whether or not <Feature> is working in said Rom, and which source it's based on and which one is better etc. etc. So i decided to have a look into each of the different blobs and see what are the Pro's and Con's of each and hopefully help users decide which ones they are better off using (For them to decide) and to update perhaps a current Android Version Bug List rather then a ROM specific one (although usually the same)

As far as i know, the P880-Dev seem to be the preferred blobs across the board for Roms as Video Recording has been fixed, i will add a poll (if i find out how to) to this thread to see which is preferred.

P880-Dev Sources
Code:
These sources are based on Modified Grouper (Nexus 7 2012) blobs. (I think)

Potential Bugs (WIP)
Code:
- Aosp camera: lag when flash set to auto/on + manual focus
- Iodak's ported camera: lag when flash set to auto/on + face tracking + manual focus front camera shows green preview, few of the shooting modes not working properly
- Google kitkat camera: depth of field doesn't work, panorama & photosphere show buggy preview (but take pictures normally)
- QR Code Reading
- Screen Recording (Working for Some?)
Anything Else let me know?

Official CyanogenMod Sources
Code:
These sources are based on stock? CM10.2? blobs (will need clarification)

Potential Bugs (WIP)
Code:
- CRT Animation
- MHL
- Hotword (Ok Google)
- Laggy? (Not a bug but)

OP is a Work In Progress as my research progresses, will update every 5-6minutes or so with bugs etc. etc.

Last edited:

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
I vote for Official CM11.0

It's not that I don't like the features of the dev one... I really love the fact that things like "ok Google" work, and also that we're recieving the latest drivers fixes on the P880-Dev, but for some reason ALL the P880-Dev based ROMs are VERY laggy for me. I've tryied everything! I've spend hours of reflashing and stuff. It seems that I am the only one to be getting such lags, so I haven't reported anything on the threads yet. I really wish I could use the P880-Dev ones... :(

You can add as bugs on the Official CM11:
-MHL doesn't work
-Ok Google doesn't work

EDIT: Ok The "laggy" bit on the unofficial was indeed existing, but now it is fixed thanks to our awesome developers :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hid3away

Flying_Bear

Jan 16, 2011
for grouper blobs based roms, some of the bugs are:

aosp camera: lag when flash set to auto/on + manual focus
iodak's ported camera: lag when flash set to auto/on + face tracking + manual focus (same issue present on stock), frontal camera shows green preview, few of the shooting modes not working properly
google kitkat camera: depth of field doesn't work, panorama & photosphere show buggy preview (but take pictures normally)

i've also had two more problems, but i'm not sure if it's specific to me or general issue:
- death of network connection when battery is low (cca 20%), no matter what RIL i use (default, eprj or vanir f.e.). even reboot doesn't help sometimes.
- sometimes when running asphalt, sound of the application "dies", and doesn't work untill you restart the app. the system sound keeps runing properly, so it might be just an app issue

edit:
btw, screen recording should work on p880-dev sources

Reactions: sPEADy and Hid3away

Jack_capvil

Nov 18, 2012
NAILLOUX (31)
I am on CM11 Official, and screen recording works perfectly.

I might be more precise: screen capture works, but I haven't tested video screen recording if it was the meaning of the above mentioned possible bug.
Concerning the lags: for me (nightly 20140501) there is no lag, but my comparison reference was the very bad LG stock rom. I feel everything smooth
Only one reboot (one week of use)
I confirm that "OK Google" does not work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P880-Dev VS CM-11.0

Code:
    [B]Disclaimer[/B]
    [LEFT]
    I take no responsibility if i influence you in choosing the wrong source 
    that would most suit you, i am not looking for conflict, rather to help out 
    people who are lets say "in the dark". Also, you flash whichever Rom at
    your own risk blah blah, you get it right, idc and am not responsible ye?[/LEFT]

Okay so an info thread right, many people in the development section (I have been reading and watching) have been asking questions about whether or not <Feature> is working in said Rom, and which source it's based on and which one is better etc. etc. So i decided to have a look into each of the different blobs and see what are the Pro's and Con's of each and hopefully help users decide which ones they are better off using (For them to decide) and to update perhaps a current Android Version Bug List rather then a ROM specific one (although usually the same)

As far as i know, the P880-Dev seem to be the preferred blobs across the board for Roms as Video Recording has been fixed, i will add a poll (if i find out how to) to this thread to see which is preferred.

P880-Dev Sources
    Code:
    These sources are based on Modified Grouper (Nexus 7 2012) blobs. (I think)

Potential Bugs (WIP)
    Code:
    - Aosp camera: lag when flash set to auto/on + manual focus
    - Iodak's ported camera: lag when flash set to auto/on + face tracking + manual focus front camera shows green preview, few of the shooting modes not working properly
    - Google kitkat camera: depth of field doesn't work, panorama & photosphere show buggy preview (but take pictures normally)
    - QR Code Reading
    - Screen Recording (Working for Some?)

Official CyanogenMod Sources
    Code:
    These sources are based on stock? CM10.2? blobs (will need clarification)

Potential Bugs (WIP)
    Code:
    - CRT Animation
    - MHL
    - Hotword (Ok Google)
    - Laggy? (Not a bug but)

OP is a Work In Progress as my research progresses, will update every 5-6minutes or so with bugs etc. etc.
    for grouper blobs based roms, some of the bugs are:

aosp camera: lag when flash set to auto/on + manual focus
    iodak's ported camera: lag when flash set to auto/on + face tracking + manual focus (same issue present on stock), frontal camera shows green preview, few of the shooting modes not working properly
    google kitkat camera: depth of field doesn't work, panorama & photosphere show buggy preview (but take pictures normally)

i've also had two more problems, but i'm not sure if it's specific to me or general issue:
    - death of network connection when battery is low (cca 20%), no matter what RIL i use (default, eprj or vanir f.e.). even reboot doesn't help sometimes.
    - sometimes when running asphalt, sound of the application "dies", and doesn't work untill you restart the app. the system sound keeps runing properly, so it might be just an app issue

edit:
    btw, screen recording should work on p880-dev sources
    I am on CM11 Official, and screen recording works perfectly.

I might be more precise: screen capture works, but I haven't tested video screen recording if it was the meaning of the above mentioned possible bug.
    Concerning the lags: for me (nightly 20140501) there is no lag, but my comparison reference was the very bad LG stock rom. I feel everything smooth
    Only one reboot (one week of use)
    I confirm that "OK Google" does not work
    I vote for Official CM11.0

It's not that I don't like the features of the dev one... I really love the fact that things like "ok Google" work, and also that we're recieving the latest drivers fixes on the P880-Dev, but for some reason ALL the P880-Dev based ROMs are VERY laggy for me. I've tryied everything! I've spend hours of reflashing and stuff. It seems that I am the only one to be getting such lags, so I haven't reported anything on the threads yet. I really wish I could use the P880-Dev ones... :(

You can add as bugs on the Official CM11:
    -MHL doesn't work
    -Ok Google doesn't work

EDIT: Ok The "laggy" bit on the unofficial was indeed existing, but now it is fixed thanks to our awesome developers :)