Still no .402 OTA notification

Search This thread

jismail

May 8, 2008
Getting pretty worried here. Have tried every day since this came out to get the OTA notification on my SPG512 I purchased from Sony Mobile in the US. Updater still says my .36 is the latest version even though Sony web site says .402 is available. I have tried using pc companion too and still no luck.

Is the rollout still going on or did they halt it? Anybody in the US get it yet? :(

Frostbiter

Jan 5, 2012
Newark
I got the .402 update from the pc companion. I'm in the US and have the spg511. I got my tablet from Sony Mobile in the US as well. You may also want to try the Sony update services as well, since pc companion didn't work for Windows 8.1 it also gave me the update too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

jismail

May 8, 2008
I got the .402 update from the pc companion. I'm in the US and have the spg511. I got my tablet from Sony Mobile in the US as well. You may also want to try the Sony update services as well, since pc companion didn't work for Windows 8.1 it also gave me the update too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Still showing I have the latest in pc companion and updater. is you tablet a US region tablet? Do you have the OTA file you can post?

Last edited:

Frostbiter

Jan 5, 2012
Newark
Still showing I have the latest in pc companion and updater. is you tablet a US region tablet? Do you have the OTA file you can post?

I don't know how to retrieve the file when using the sony update services unfortunately. If you know how to do it or if someone else knows I would be willing to do it. I would assume it's a US version since I bought it from the Sony Mobile USA site.

Last edited:

spiderlily

Nov 12, 2013
I am in the same boat.

I have the 512 and no matter what I do, I am not getting the update. However, users of the 511 variant are reporting updates. There are even FTF for the 511 on xda but not for 512.

Aredubu

Sep 14, 2013
Florida
I have the 512 which I bought online from the Sony store. I live in Florida and check daily for the updated firmware. Nothing to date since I purchased it last month. I have used the software update on the tablet, as well as both the PC companion and Sony's updater from my pc...nothing so far. The website says that ...402 is the most recent firmware update, but then says I have the most up-to-date firmware.

Hmmmm.

Last edited:

jismail

May 8, 2008
is there any difference between the 511 and 512 besides internal memory? Why would 511s get the update and not 512s......

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
In order to know how to do that you have to do something that, although very very difficult, is doable for you, if you really really make an effort:

Read the forums.

Aredubu

Sep 14, 2013
Florida
Finally got the updated firmware. Made a world difference. No more freezing. Just put an order for the new Tab S. Might have to cancel now.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk