[Think Tank] Internation Has No Tmo 4G support, BUT?

Search This thread

TramainM

Dec 30, 2011
So the International Version has no 4G support that has been established; however, their could be a possible way to still get 4G. I have seen with the SG2 International and The SG2 Tmo if you flash the modem of the tmo one onto the international they got 4G on Tmo. I have also read that i think it was the nexus or galaxy note or something had a locked band that they unlocked.... I heard that a radio probably wont change anything but does anyone else have any ideas?

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
Why would you buy the internatIonal version t mobile is getting the one s anyway

Sent from my HTC sensation 4g using Tapatalk

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
Personally I think you should just wait you gaffe the s2 so it's not like you dying from a crappy phone and that way you would know it works properly I'm not sure about the one s but I know on my HTC sensation there is a extra antenna for the 4 g and we can't even buy a extra battery cover unless it had that antenna or we loose 4g

Sent from my HTC sensation 4g using Tapatalk

TramainM

Dec 30, 2011
I already HAVE the one s I came from the amaze for the record. Interesting thoughts.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

TramainM

Dec 30, 2011
The 850 mHz band is also AT&T 3G, but it is not as widespread around the country as the 1900 mHz band. So, you're getting AT&T 3G on 850 mHz because that is available on the One S.

See: http://www.cellularmaps.com/att_850_1900.shtml

So say its all over and theirs no changing it. Those of us who had no idea that it wouldn't work is their any way would could minupulate HTC or Tmo into giving us a version that will suport it. You could play the "It says hspa+ on your website"

UserDemos

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL
It was the skyrocket and the note that can be flashed to work with t-mobile

Again, because they contain the 1700 AWS band to get T-Mobile 3G/HSPA+.

A software fix cannot fix what the hardware lacks in the International One S. I'm not sure you could coerce HTC into an exchange because they'll probably tell you that the detailed specifics are available on their website and you should always check with your carrier before buying an international device.

Your best bet would be to return it directly and buy the T-Mobile US model if you'd like T-Mobile service. Hopefully they'll get the black version, if not, sorry mate. Sometimes you have to choose carrier over design, or simply a different phone model.

TramainM

Dec 30, 2011
Again, because they contain the 1700 AWS band to get T-Mobile 3G/HSPA+.

A software fix cannot fix what the hardware lacks in the International One S. I'm not sure you could coerce HTC into an exchange because they'll probably tell you that the detailed specifics are available on their website and you should always check with your carrier before buying an international device.

Your best bet would be to return it directly and buy the T-Mobile US model if you'd like T-Mobile service. Hopefully they'll get the black version, if not, sorry mate. Sometimes you have to choose carrier over design, or simply a different phone model.

I dont get why htc included the band in one phone and not the other.

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
I dont get why htc included the band in one phone and not the other.

So people wouldn't buy one to use it for a carrier it wasn't meant to be on? If the band is only in the T-Mobile version and people are on T-Mobile, their only choice is to buy it from T-Mobile if they want 3G.
T-Mobile probably doesn't want people buying their flagship off contract.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium