Search This thread

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
I recently downloaded ICS OTA update but I'm not able to install it. (my phone is rooted, S-off, with ClockMode Recovery and all that stuff)

Do I have to flash Stock Ruu? if yes then how do I know b `which stock ruu I had before (I mean the Asia, middle east, Europe ruu thingy)

Thanx in advance =}

Ok mate, can you please provide wee bit more info
1. What rom you currently running?
2. Do you want to stock ICS or some of the Rom's
3. Is your phone Super CID

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Why would you want ota if tou are fully unlocked?
Anyway. Yes, just copy that ota somewhere, reflash your ruu, put ota back and apply it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

@Tinky1 he can use ICS RUU (you kindly provide mirror for it)the one created as PG58IMG from here, so he will maintain S-OFF ....

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

@Tinky1 he can use ICS RUU (you kindly provide mirror for it)the one created as PG58IMG from here, so he will maintain S-OFF ....

He will maintain s-off regardless of what he flashes, as long as he doesn't write secureflag deliberately..
Sensation had radio s-off, which is quite different from what was on htc desire, where s-off would be overwritten by ruu. :)

ZABER1000

Apr 14, 2012
Hey all i recently got a second hand htc sensation and it has no mobile conectivity i placed sim card inside and it says "no signal limited service"

im wondering if the guy ive bought it of has reported it stolen and blocked it ? im not sure whats going on. everything else works fine
this is only my second android phone can anyone help me out

oh and by the way before he sold it me he did a factory reset by using the volume button and also the power button

Last edited:

js2012

Mar 3, 2012
Hey all, I apologize if this has been asked before but I am still new to my Sensation 4G phone and I haven't had the chance to get it rooted, s-offed, or anything like that since I am not familiar with the process.

I am planning to wait for the official update of the ICS but my question is because I bought my phone from a store and my carrier is with Rogers, when will I get the update or am I even eligible for the update? Also, my Android Market still has not been updated to the Play Store. Is this normal? Thanks!

joaquinf

Sep 17, 2010
Bucaramanga
Hey all i recently got a second hand htc sensation and it has no mobile conectivity i placed sim card inside and it says "no signal limited service"

im wondering if the guy ive bought it of has reported it stolen and blocked it ? im not sure whats going on. everything else works fine
this is only my second android phone can anyone help me out

oh and by the way before he sold it me he did a factory reset by using the volume button and also the power button
My guess is that you have a defective SIM card or signal problems in the place you are located because the phone does recognize it. Have you tried cleaning up your SIM card or using a different one? maybe go outside and try to get a stronger signal? have you checked if you inserted the SIM the right way??

I don't know what would it be the case if you report a stolen phone. I don't know what you will see in the screen or what kind of problems you may have ... but if that is the case you better go to that guy now and claim your money back

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Hey all, I apologize if this has been asked before but I am still new to my Sensation 4G phone and I haven't had the chance to get it rooted, s-offed, or anything like that since I am not familiar with the process.

I am planning to wait for the official update of the ICS but my question is because I bought my phone from a store and my carrier is with Rogers, when will I get the update or am I even eligible for the update? Also, my Android Market still has not been updated to the Play Store. Is this normal? Thanks!
Hi before you update your phone via OTA or do something else could you please do this steps?:
  • Go to settings>power and untick fast boot
  • Power off phone
  • Hold volume-down + power button to boot into the bootloader
Then post here what your screen reads. If your hboot version is ≤ 1.18 the best advice you will get is: do not apply the OTA while being s-on.

Reactions: ZABER1000

will3307

Mar 24, 2011
pasadena
I have been able to root and install roms on a couple of phones but i am having the worst time with the HTC Sensation 4g for T-mobile I installed Clockwork but then i installed Andriod revolution and now i have 4ext how do i get rid of it

djvesic

May 4, 2012
Setup problem on ICS

Hi,

I have two problems after installing ICS on my sensation.

I can't customize my lock screen shortcuts, and I can't set up different sound for sms and delivery report of sms.

I had all that before. Can someone tell me how can I do that or simple you can't!

Thanks in advance

joaquinf

Sep 17, 2010
Bucaramanga
I have been able to root and install roms on a couple of phones but i am having the worst time with the HTC Sensation 4g for T-mobile I installed Clockwork but then i installed Andriod revolution and now i have 4ext how do i get rid of it
"During the installation of ARHD ROM you will be asked if you want to add/flash certain features ( i.e: stock or custom kernel, TMOUS 4g support, sony bravia engine, HQ camera mod, among other things). To make those choices you need to flash 4ext recovery touch before the ROM, if you decide to flash the ROM with CMW recovery this options will not appear. 4ext recovery touch is included in ARHD by default, any other recovery will be overwriten after the installation."

May i ask why you want to get rid of it? that's an amazing piece of sotware and the best recovery out there IMHO. Give it a try you'll be amazed with all the features included. Plus it's up to date and it takes advantage of the touch screen (also it's based on CMW and fully compatible with your previous backups). A great idea is to install the 4EXT Recovery Updater or 4EXT Recovery Control to keep up with the latest updates and news. Go to 4EXT thread or www.4ext.net.. Try it for a couple of days and you won't regret.

Just in case you want to flash CMW again all you need to do is download and reflash the recovery file from here

ZABER1000

Apr 14, 2012
joaquinf i thanked you for your post. ive just tried a couple of orange sims and none of them seem to give a signal. i tried putting in a sim that i knew was network locked even those didnt give off a signal..

tried going outside walked about and nothing. and im sure the sim is in the right way .
i bought it off craigslist and hes not picking up his phone anymore.. im not sure if he knew the phone was screwed or he changed his number..

is there anyway software wise to find out if the phones been locked?
im running out of options. thinking about using it as a mini tablet if all else fails. :(

am i missing something? do you need a special sim?

will3307

Mar 24, 2011
pasadena
"During the installation of ARHD ROM you will be asked if you want to add/flash certain features ( i.e: stock or custom kernel, TMOUS 4g support, sony bravia engine, HQ camera mod, among other things). To make those choices you need to flash 4ext recovery touch before the ROM, if you decide to flash the ROM with CMW recovery this options will not appear. 4ext recovery touch is included in ARHD by default, any other recovery will be overwriten after the installation."

May i ask why you want to get rid of it? that's an amazing piece of sotware and the best recovery out there IMHO. Give it a try you'll be amazed with all the features included. Plus it's up to date and it takes advantage of the touch screen (also it's based on CMW and fully compatible with your previous backups). A great idea is to install the 4EXT Recovery Updater or 4EXT Recovery Control to keep up with the latest updates and news. Go to 4EXT thread or www.4ext.net.. Try it for a couple of days and you won't regret.

Just in case you want to flash CMW again all you need to do is download and reflash the recovery file from here

i don't think i would have a problem if i could just get the rom to work I gonna blame sleep deprivation on the fact i haven't looked into it but i am now i appreciate the help one more question how long is the reboot i get to the the white screen green HTC and the black writing underneth and it stays there for ten minutes or more and does nothing

Last edited:

Sup3rSn4k3

Nov 2, 2011
Santa Ana, El Salvador
Hi,

I have two problems after installing ICS on my sensation.

I can't customize my lock screen shortcuts, and I can't set up different sound for sms and delivery report of sms.

I had all that before. Can someone tell me how can I do that or simple you can't!

Thanks in advance

Hi man!.. the Lock Screen Shortcuts.. only can be the same as the Home Screen Shortcut at the bottom.. i think is 1 of the thinks that i dont like of ics update.. About sms sound, i have no problem with.. just go to sounds options and its ok, in your case maybe somethings is wrong.. try factory reset..

In my case i have ramdom Laucher restarts, like if something is eating memory, but i think is because is not the Official Full ICS, it have Develop Option in the Settings.. i hope the full ICS RUU come soon..

Cheers buddy !!!

Reactions: djvesic

kavtalk

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply! I resorted to flashing the firmware after failing to turn S-ON by running RUU and run commands through adb.
Hmm.. no one else had problem restoring ICS (3.32.x radio&4.0.2) running sensation to stock?

edit: It doesn't respond to 'fastboot oem writecid T-MOB010' command even though it still says S-OFF.
getvar cid still returns '1111111' Perhaps it's got something to do with this?

Hi,

I was just reading these 2 threads HERE and HERE.
I cannot see in either to "Flash matching firmware".
Perhaps this is where you are going wrong.

:)

Last edited:

arkit224

Oct 22, 2011
US Tmobile sensation 4G does not recognize sim card

Hi

Thank you so much for offering help

I have a US tmobile sensation 4G with latest update of ICS from mike. My phone stop recognizing my sim card all of a sudden. I am not doing anything particular with my phone. The phone was completely fine before dinner, after dinner, it stopped working.

So, my question is, is it possible my sim card just malfunction? or it could be related to the rom?

Thanks

Kit

askew11

Aug 1, 2010
Noblesville
Contacts not syncing with pictures

I have elgencia sense 4.0 3.8 and the contacts that I have not created contacts for do not show a picture. How do I fix this

joaquinf

Sep 17, 2010
Bucaramanga
Hi

Thank you so much for offering help

I have a US tmobile sensation 4G with latest update of ICS from mike. My phone stop recognizing my sim card all of a sudden. I am not doing anything particular with my phone. The phone was completely fine before dinner, after dinner, it stopped working.

So, my question is, is it possible my sim card just malfunction? or it could be related to the rom?

Thanks

Kit
Power your phone off, take out the sim card, clean the contacts with a dry cloth and reinsert the sim card. It might got outta place for some reason.

Isnt likely to be rom-related IMHO

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

pythonjosh

Jan 14, 2010
So I'm getting started with making my first app in Eclipse with ADT.
My next question is, is this how to make or customize ROM's too?
Thanks guys,
Josh

Hell Guardian

May 4, 2012
Cairo
Does the sensation worth to buy? as HTC didn't even give it Sense 4 it's almost impossible that it will give it any further support even the XE just launched at the end of last year! or am i wrong?
As you guys can see I live in cairo so IF i get it i will get it online OR my family in canada will get it for me and ship it to here!
Anyway i see it online for about 430$ + shipping is that a good price? or should i go for another phone and i EXPECT updates for any phone i will buy (the Gnex is not an option due to its ugly pentile screen and bad camera)
What do you guys think? :eek:
My budget is 500$ max btw

pythonjosh

Jan 14, 2010
Maybe not at those prices, but it is a great phone. I was really close to getting the One S, but not having an SD card slot is a dealbreaker for me.

f4rell09

Mar 16, 2011
newcastle upon tyne
Try going to dev settings and limiting background processes. I'm going to try that tomorrow (on stock 3.32 myself ATM).

It seems like it came back ..my problem, i tried limiting background processess to 1 ..it still does. The annoying delay....if i set it to no background..worst thing happens...any more.suggestions...pls.thanks..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premiu.m

lil_rain

Jan 9, 2012
Kuwait

1) I didn't flash any custom Rom on my phone yet
2) I want stock ICS
3) yes my phone is SuperCID

I just want to install ICS on my phone which I downloaded via Setting -> Software Updates :eek:

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts