Less Invasive Tether than the hotspot hack?? Does one exist?

Search This thread

tws101

Nov 19, 2009
I am looking for a less invasive tether than the hotspot hack for 4.4.2....

The reason is the hotspot hack prevents system updates and I want one like wifi tether that does not prevent system updates.

I am rooted SOFF Locked
I take OTA updates then go to fastboot and :
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip recovery.zip
fastboot reboot

to get a recovery then install SU then I remove the customer recovery via the same method above.

I do this to run near complete stock. Ever since 4.3 I have not been able to get a working Hotspot unless I use the invasive method of the hotspot hack.

Does anyone have an alternative to the hotspot hack?

jkt97401

Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I am looking for a less invasive tether than the hotspot hack for 4.4.2....

The reason is the hotspot hack prevents system updates and I want one like wifi tether that does not prevent system updates.

I am rooted SOFF Locked
I take OTA updates then go to fastboot and :
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip recovery.zip
fastboot reboot

to get a recovery then install SU then I remove the customer recovery via the same method above.

I do this to run near complete stock. Ever since 4.3 I have not been able to get a working Hotspot unless I use the invasive method of the hotspot hack.

Does anyone have an alternative to the hotspot hack?

Define "Invasive"?

tws101

Nov 19, 2009
I think even the standalone tether apps install libs in the OS. I'm not sure if that would affect the ability to take an OTA as I am definitely not stock haha. I think you're SOL if you want to stay completely stock.

The Wifi Tether App (For Root Users) would allow OTAs to go through... I just can't get it to work on 4.3 or 4.4.2

tws101

Nov 19, 2009
I think even the standalone tether apps install libs in the OS. I'm not sure if that would affect the ability to take an OTA as I am definitely not stock haha. I think you're SOL if you want to stay completely stock.

What stand Alone tether App are working? I can't find one....