Someone with knowledge check cheesecake now

Search This thread

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
Just found update 6.7.2570.en.us / gb to ics - for targa build tag 212. I downloaded from "staging - master-sdc100.blurdev.com"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

Last edited:

elamodelmerol

Oct 21, 2008
This one sounds like we are finally getting the gingerbread to icecream sandwitch we all had been waiting for!

Please, someone confirm

Unfortunately I have no knowledge regarding cheescake but I'll start diggin'

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
I tried most of the servers including the one listed and didn't find an update....I am currently on the 905 update. What version is currently on your phone? Can you post a link to the update?

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
Someone flash this and try fastboot right away, don't have bunches of people jumping on this and then realize afterwards that you're off the path.

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
I am on 902. I downloaded it twice but i can't find it stored on my phone.

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
I believe it downloads either to your cache folder or to your sdcard....someone please correct me if I am wrong.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
It downloads to the /cache directory on the root not in any folder. There will be 2 files, the update itself and a .crc file with the same name. You must be rooted to access the /cache directory with a file explorer and remember to select to run it later after downloading. The /cache directory is always wiped by the update after it flashes, so you must get the file first before allowing it to run or it will be deleted.

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
It does not give the option to install later. I can see it in /cache while it is downloading but when it is done it tries to install and says "could not validate package" then the file disappears from /cache.

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
From what I read on Droid Hive, it's a useless file - an engineering build that no one can use or install.

C

cdexsw

This is an Engineering Build of .902. This file is of no use to anyone unless they are running pure stock 902.

The way the file is named and signed this is just a testing version.

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States
I FXZ'd to .902, rooted using Motofail, installed cheesecakev2.apk, downloading it now. It does say "GB to ICS" and "Targa"..why would they name it that if it was really just a maintenance build?

I'll let you know if I can get it installed automatically, stock recovery, rsd lite, or otherwise.

Photo attached for anyone curious.

Attachments

• IMG_4566.jpg
    IMG_4566.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:

5thAgent

Feb 15, 2010
Lutz, FL
I'm really anxious to see how this pans out. I need to get to bed instead of watching this thread and prepping to fxz to 902

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The way to flash just the baseband is to make a update.zip file containing the baseband and an updater-script to apply it; don't worry about signing the zip. While you're poking around in the zip file, save a copy of the update-binary.

The update.zip signature handling is done by recovery, after recovery is happy with the signature it extracts update-binary and feeds it the name of the zip file and echos the output. You can short circuit this process by just running update-binary directly from a root shell (you might want to run the "stop" command to stop android first). Eg, "update-binary 3 1 /sdcard/update.zip". (3 is the version number, 1 is stdout, and the zip file is whatever zip file you want the update-binary to install)

Note that this trick only bypasses the recovery signature check, there are still signature checks on bootup; all this does is lets you reflash individual (signed) pieces of stock roms.
    Wow..can anyone mirror it here? Still keeping my Eclipse 2.2 and I'll switch to leak ICS if there's any.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

There is no leak, at least not that we can use yet. Be assured though...there are ppl without jobs monitoring this 24/7. We'll find out about it if it's real. Kick back, relax and let those with too much free time do the work.
    Just found update 6.7.2570.en.us / gb to ics - for targa build tag 212. I downloaded from "staging - master-sdc100.blurdev.com"

Great info bro maybe someone can take out the kernel and implant it in a ics rom

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, just was curious if the 905 leak would work. I have that on the PC

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure that's what I've been using off my SD card for a month or so now. Done the update at least a dozen times :)

Sent from my XT875 using XDA