Search This thread

cosimoss

Dec 25, 2010
London
Installed ok:

nexuss234.jpg

johnkim0011

Jan 18, 2011
anyone else getting a error in update zip (status 7) when trying to update it through CW?

Anyone figured out this problem?

This is what I did.

I had Stock 2.3.3 ROM, Netarchy kernel, and KB3 radio.

I flashed radio back to KB1.
Then I went into CWM and tried to flash 2.3.4 update, and I got status 7 error.

vbhoj74

Dec 31, 2010
Need help, I got a rooted NS running Stock with Netarchy kernel. I have earlier backed up maps using titanium backup and installed the maps on this site which was having navigation for the world. Now when I'm running 2.3.4 update it gives me a status 7 error and says:

Assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/Maps.apk")

I deleted maps, and restored to original version, still the same thing.

_d4ni3l

Dec 10, 2010
I restored original maps 5.3.0, updated it to 5.3.1, still no luck, same error.

Yeah. Seems to me I will have to take a look at my nandroid backups I have and find the one with all stock ****ty apps like talkback available there, and try to run the update over it. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

vbhoj74

Dec 31, 2010
Yeah. Seems to me I will have to take a look at my nandroid backups I have and find the one with all stock ****ty apps like talkback available there, and try to run the update over it. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

I'm trying the same, and I hate beginning from scratch after this thing will boot up.

oDesk

Oct 11, 2010
anyone else getting a error in update zip (status 7) when trying to update it through CW?

I'm getting this error msg
apply_patch_check("/system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk","xxxxxxxxxxxx","xxxxxxxxxx")

where x looks like md5 hash

then (status 7)
Installation aborted.

Last edited:

bh11

Apr 29, 2011
Hi,
update to 2.3.4 done... thanks for your help XDA and thanks for Bilal'sHardware they also help me...

picture.php

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install GRJ22 on Rooted GRI40 STOCK w/CW Recovery

Just installed this on top of my rooted stock GRI40: My setup was PURE stock GRI40. I had done OEM unlock in fastboot before and installed SU (and Busybox on top of stock) THIS IS NOT FOR CUSTOM ROM'S!

My steps I used

1) Copy to /mnt/sdcard via adb push (the grj22-from-gri40 update)

2) Reboot into CW Recovery

3) Do an update from a ZIP file, navigate to the grj22 update file. Note this update also patches the radio to i9020xxkd1

4) Once completed reboot - make sure OS comes up. YOU WILL NOT HAVE ROOT OR SU INSTALLED - WE WILL GET THOSE BACK SHORTLY BELOW

5) When in Android go to Settings, About Phone verify it's now GRJ22 and radio/baseband is: i9020xxkd1

6) Power off the phone go to Bootloader/fastboot. [Powered off, hold Vol Up hold and then holds power button]

7) Reflash latest Nexus S/Crespo CW Recovery
    [ http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockwork-recovery-image.html ]
    fastboot flash recovery [filename]

8) Select Recovery from Fastboot Menu

9) Once in CW Recovery install SU 2.3.6.1
    If not on your phone somewhere, download below and mount USB storage and copy over
    [ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=682828 ]

10) Reboot into OS; you should now have root. You may need to redownload busybox

11) The install-recovery.sh script will still be in /etc rename this to install-recovery.sh.old to avoid recovery going back to stock each reboot. [Use Root Explorer or similar with system filesystem mounted to R/W]

After finishing you may for sanity want to go into ROM Manager and ensure current recovery is still set (in case you power off since replacing recovery)

NOTE: Google Talk Installed by this image will have the video support right away, no need to download anything else. WORKS really well ; if you have no one to talk to on another Android device - you can chat/video chat to PC's or Mac's with the gmail Google Talk plug in installed

Screen shot of my About Phone is attached
    possible to pull out the google talk application and see if we can get it running on other android phones.

Here's the Talk2.apk and Talk2.odex from /system/app and libtalk_jni.so from /system/lib
    I hope u guys dont flame me for this but can someone help me out on how to do it? It would be much appreciated

Yeah sure let me get on the comp and ill post up the new 2.3.6 and instructions for anyone wishing to try it out
    Sent from Inc via premuim app