[ACS] Pre-rooted kernel

Search This thread

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
acswallpaper2.png

Tanimn*and the*Android Creative Syndicate
present to you

Root Access for the Samsung Epic Touch 4G!

This is a pre-rooted tar file to be flashed with Odin. It will give you Superuser Permissions and allow you to use apps that require root access!*NO data will be wiped! you are gunna need kies for drivers http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...1071_128.exe&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13163902411401

Instructions:

1. Download Odin 1.85*HERE
2. Download the Pre-rooted tar from the link below
3. Extract Odin and the Victory PIT file somewhere on your PC
4. Open Odin3 V1.85 and on the left side ONLY have AUTO reboot checked (VERY IMPORTANT)
5. Press the PIT button and navigate to the*Epic touch pit file and select it.
6. Check the PDA slot and then press the PDA button and navigate to the Tar file and select it
7. Now power off your Epic Touch
8. Once fully powered off, press and hold volume down, home key, and power button at the SAME time.*This will take you into Odin mode.
9. Plug your phone into your PC
10. You should see COM# (the number doesn't matter) in the ID:COM box
11. Press start and let it run through the process!*
12. You are now rooted! Enjoy!

Please do not post download mirrors without my permission!

How to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614igPj7MkU

everything works! check here for updates :)

DOWNLOAD

Sauce (thats source for you non-funny people)

Credits:
Thanks to all the people who's work led to it.

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
there is no need to confirm, the other theard on acs was a placeholder. someone just happen to be browsing around and posted about it here. this is an official acs release.. ;)

Kn0wBuddy

Sep 15, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Awesome, great work!

Need to install Kies to have drivers so that Odin recognizes your E4GT, correct? If so that might be good to note in the OP.

deano0714

Sep 9, 2010
there is no need to confirm, the other theard on acs was a placeholder. someone just happen to be browsing around and posted about it here. this is an official acs release.. ;)
So is this from the original gsII kernel with et4g modules or something? Also i have a question... On the original gsII is the recovery built into the kernel or is it seperate? If so could we just flash there cwm and make a backup and then take that backup and extract what we need? Or would that not work?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
lol sorry to be misleading with it all guys but this wasnt me that got it, tanimn did 100% of the legwork involved. hence why teh donate button leads to his paypal id :p so please, if you liek this and want to enjoy root, thank him.

volwrath

Oct 10, 2006
Nashville
This is a pre-rooted tar file to be flashed with Odin. It will give you Superuser Permissions and allow you to use apps that require root access including Free Wireless Wifi Tethering!*NO data will be wiped! you are gunna need kies for drivers
this has 3g/4g/ etc working so data work, however wifi is broken.. we will fix it as we can but you can have data! :)

Interesting. According to your post wifi tether works but wifi is broken? Is this correct?

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
sorry, a million people iming me and trying to post on multiple forums etc

its broken for now

C3jay

Jun 25, 2011
Can somone put a video up of how to do this

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    acswallpaper2.png

present to you

This is a pre-rooted tar file to be flashed with Odin. It will give you Superuser Permissions and allow you to use apps that require root access!*NO data will be wiped! you are gunna need kies for drivers http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...1071_128.exe&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13163902411401

Instructions:

1. Download Odin 1.85*HERE
    2. Download the Pre-rooted tar from the link below
    3. Extract Odin and the Victory PIT file somewhere on your PC
    4. Open Odin3 V1.85 and on the left side ONLY have AUTO reboot checked (VERY IMPORTANT)
    5. Press the PIT button and navigate to the*Epic touch pit file and select it.
    6. Check the PDA slot and then press the PDA button and navigate to the Tar file and select it
    7. Now power off your Epic Touch
    8. Once fully powered off, press and hold volume down, home key, and power button at the SAME time.*This will take you into Odin mode.
    9. Plug your phone into your PC
    10. You should see COM# (the number doesn't matter) in the ID:COM box
    11. Press start and let it run through the process!*
    12. You are now rooted! Enjoy!

Please do not post download mirrors without my permission!

How to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614igPj7MkU

everything works! check here for updates :)

DOWNLOAD

Sauce (thats source for you non-funny people)

Credits:
    Thanks to all the people who's work led to it.
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

MTD device is only if u have USB debugging off, the crack for yaffs2? i have no idea, EpicTouch is all about ext4 i thought.

Hmm - let's look at this.... you're trying to mount the system partition as yaffs2.... but yet you say the EpicTouch is all about ext4 (which you're actually correct about)..... so why would you mount it as yaffs2? That's the first thing causing some angst with people who know

The second thing - is the SGS2 does not utilize MTD memory blocks. The device doesn't magically utilize MTD blocks when USB debugging is off and another technology when USB debugging is on - not to mention how are you going to run those adb commands when USB debugging is off............? :confused::confused:

Where are you getting this stuff?

You might want to familiarize yourself with the partition structure and type of your E4GT by performing this ADB shell command (make sure you have USB debugging ON for the best results):

Code:
    adb shell cat /proc/partitions

Might shed some light on things for you..... :cool:
    i know im the one who created the thread, but if everyone would divert their atention to...

present to you

now, thanks to bubby we do have a completely stock initramfs so in teh next few days expect to have a true stock kernel for recovery purposes, as well asa stock rooted kernel
    i let tanimn know, he says he will look into it but wifi is biggest priority right now.

me personally am not so sympathetic ;) i own a photon. in order to have teh good stuff i had to give up 4g, so for yall to give up haptic feedback... :p
    reserved for pictures of kittens and pancakes