Need help flashing HTC inspire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tomtomyoshi

Feb 19, 2011
Denton
Hello all, I currently have a g2x but I'm going to be flashing a HTC inspire for my buddy. Can anyone put up a link to the cm 7.2.0 rom? Is there even one for the inspire? If not can you give me a few roms to choose from that you may have a good experience with, as well as a kernel? ( unless the stock kernel for the rom has awesome battery life.) Aaaaand one other thing... am I going to be flashing this the exact way I flashed my g2x or is there a different method for each phone?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Tomtomyoshi

Feb 19, 2011
Denton
I've actually tried searching on here. I thought maybe someone who has done this on this specific phone e already could answer these questions to give me a head start. Not trying to be lazy or anything. That's just the best way to learn and the quickest

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
I've actually tried searching on here. I thought maybe someone who has done this on this specific phone e already could answer these questions to give me a head start. Not trying to be lazy or anything. That's just the best way to learn and the quickest

Every rom is different and mostly all need a full wipe when flashed. The best way to flash a rom is boot in recovery, wipe data / Factory rest, Wipe cache, format system and then install from sdcard, choose zip and install.

The first boot might take a while so don´t get anxious. Make sure that you check the MD5sum of the Rom file in the sdcard. And of course before you wipe everything make sure that you have the zip file in the sdcard.

Don´t use Rom Manager, because is not compatible with all roms and might fail...

Tomtomyoshi

Feb 19, 2011
Denton
Every rom is different and mostly all need a full wipe when flashed. The best way to flash a rom is boot in recovery, wipe data / Factory rest, Wipe cache, format system and then install from sdcard, choose zip and install.

The first boot might take a while so don´t get anxious. Make sure that you check the MD5sum of the Rom file in the sdcard. And of course before you wipe everything make sure that you have the zip file in the sdcard.

Don´t use Rom Manager, because is not compatible with all roms and might fail...

So what you are saying is its the same as flashing my g2x. I thought it may be different with different phones. Don't forget creating a back up of the stock rom too. Things can get messed up pretty easily. Cool cool though. Hopefully I can find the cm7 and Trinity for his inspire. Don't think so but worth a shot. Any suggestions for good rom/kernel combos?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Tomtomyoshi said:
So what you are saying is its the same as flashing my g2x. I thought it may be different with different phones. Don't forget creating a back up of the stock rom too. Things can get messed up pretty easily. Cool cool though. Hopefully I can find the cm7 and Trinity for his inspire. Don't think so but worth a shot. Any suggestions for good rom/kernel combos?

OK spend some time reading on the dev threads will tell you all you need to know. There is no spoon feeding here. Take the ACE hack kit that you will need to use. If you don't pay close attention and read it top to bottom you will have problems. So take the time and do the research.

There is no easy way. Only a right and wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.