[ROM][JB][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FK23 (TAR Only)

Search This thread

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
We have finally gotten permission to post the TAR for the recent Sprint SPH-D710 FK23 build!

This build takes everything from FK09 and makes it much more stable and we have seen very little in the way of bugs. It appears that this build may actually be an OTA candidate as well.

The list of the changes we discovered from our Discussion thread has been copied from the General thread to this thread as Post #2. Screenshots are still available there.

I've compiled a few Screencast videos showing a few of the features that we've found in JB.
Lockscreen Features Overview
Launcher Features Overview
Motion Features Overview
Samsung Keyboard Features Overview

Flashing the TAR will result in ALL Internal Storage being wiped. Be sure to backup everything!

The TAR is completely stock and is not rooted (for instructions on how to root please visit my Repo How-To Pages). It must be flashed with Odin as Mobile Odin does not flash modems correctly. If you don't use Odin you will not be able to flash the modem and this build is not compatible with any other modem (also this modem doesn't appear to be compatible with ICS or GB).

For downloads go here: http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23

Enjoy!

Last edited:

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
What we've discovered from FK23:
  • FK23 modem fixes Mute bug in FK09.
  • ICS and GB modems are not compatible with FK23.
  • Internal Storage still wiped... :(
  • New feature for shorthand writing rather than QWERTY input on Samsung Keyboard (kind of like Palm's old Graffiti Keyboard). http://youtu.be/u6uR7fuYS00
  • Bloat apps have been updated since FK09.
  • Extended Toggles gone (now it's back to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound and 4G).
  • And more!!!

What we've discovered from FK09:
  • Older modems not compatible with FK09. You will lose 3G and 4G without the FK09 or FK23 modem installed.
  • Several apps needing updates (Google Play Books, Google Play Magazines, Google Play Music, Google+, Maps, NASCAR, Sprint TV & Movies, YouTube, mSpot Radio, Sprint Music Plus and Telenav).
  • Working Google Now!
  • Cob can finally rejoice! The Recent Apps display bug is finally fixed!
  • Loads of new Motion options!
  • TW Launcher massively updated!
  • Default keyboard has Swype like support (and in my opinion is better than the 4.2 Android KB!).
  • Connections optimizer is back (but it's oddly not as invasive or as much of a bother as before).
  • LOADS of Lock Screen options!
  • LED control options.
  • Blocking mode (like a customizable airplane mode and call blocker in one).
  • Battery percentage display off by default. When enabled it shows to the left of the battery rather than on top of the battery (see screenshots).
  • Long press on toggle takes you to the corresponding settings menu.
  • Extended Power Menu built in (little bit different from what you'd see on a custom ROM)
  • More to come!

SASQUATCH

Apr 6, 2012
maywood,ca
Hell muthaf@#?en yeah thank you for everything people that are involved in the release of this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
Garwynn, did you update the root method? I know there is one, but I remember hearing that there was a permissions issue with the root method on 23.

Thanks to Sextape, Rwilco12 and Garwynn for bringing us the leaks. If this isn't that last sammy leak for our phones we hope that you guys get bored and bring us more ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have finally gotten permission to post the TAR for the recent Sprint SPH-D710 FK23 build!

This build takes everything from FK09 and makes it much more stable and we have seen very little in the way of bugs. It appears that this build may actually be an OTA candidate as well.

The list of the changes we discovered from our Discussion thread has been copied from the General thread to this thread as Post #2. Screenshots are still available there.

I've compiled a few Screencast videos showing a few of the features that we've found in JB.
    Lockscreen Features Overview
    Launcher Features Overview
    Motion Features Overview
    Samsung Keyboard Features Overview

Flashing the TAR will result in ALL Internal Storage being wiped. Be sure to backup everything!

The TAR is completely stock and is not rooted (for instructions on how to root please visit my Repo How-To Pages). It must be flashed with Odin as Mobile Odin does not flash modems correctly. If you don't use Odin you will not be able to flash the modem and this build is not compatible with any other modem (also this modem doesn't appear to be compatible with ICS or GB).

For downloads go here: http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23

Enjoy!
    What we've discovered from FK23:
    • FK23 modem fixes Mute bug in FK09.
    • ICS and GB modems are not compatible with FK23.
    • Internal Storage still wiped... :(
    • New feature for shorthand writing rather than QWERTY input on Samsung Keyboard (kind of like Palm's old Graffiti Keyboard). http://youtu.be/u6uR7fuYS00
    • Bloat apps have been updated since FK09.
    • Extended Toggles gone (now it's back to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound and 4G).
    • And more!!!

What we've discovered from FK09:
    • Older modems not compatible with FK09. You will lose 3G and 4G without the FK09 or FK23 modem installed.
    • Several apps needing updates (Google Play Books, Google Play Magazines, Google Play Music, Google+, Maps, NASCAR, Sprint TV & Movies, YouTube, mSpot Radio, Sprint Music Plus and Telenav).
    • Working Google Now!
    • Cob can finally rejoice! The Recent Apps display bug is finally fixed!
    • Loads of new Motion options!
    • TW Launcher massively updated!
    • Default keyboard has Swype like support (and in my opinion is better than the 4.2 Android KB!).
    • Connections optimizer is back (but it's oddly not as invasive or as much of a bother as before).
    • LOADS of Lock Screen options!
    • LED control options.
    • Blocking mode (like a customizable airplane mode and call blocker in one).
    • Battery percentage display off by default. When enabled it shows to the left of the battery rather than on top of the battery (see screenshots).
    • Long press on toggle takes you to the corresponding settings menu.
    • Extended Power Menu built in (little bit different from what you'd see on a custom ROM)
    • More to come!
    Why you're surprised. It just came out today. OP said rooted version will be there whenever it is ready.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm uploading a quick build right now. It's rooted, busybox, deodexed, added some quick toggles, some build.prop tweaks, water ripple.

blah blah blah... This also flashes the modem.

It will be here.. called FK23_v0.1_signed.zip.

http://d-h.st/users/_dan/?fld_id=4506#files

If the upload fails when I'm asleep sorry..
    Sweet! Hope we get rooted soon.

Rooted one-clicks are in the works! :highfive:
    Just finished upload Agat's new JB FK23 Repack kernel! We now have Custom Recovery on JB! It's available in TAR, ZIP and One-Click formats at the Kernel Repo.

HUGE thanks to Agat!!!

Enjoy!