SIM eject tool

Search This thread

andretan

Jan 6, 2014
Singapore
Just curious, for those who remove their SIM card frequently (eg; frequent travellers, have multiple SIMs), do you carry your original Nexus 5 SIM ejector tool around with you?

Being an iPhone user for years, I never had to worry as I can find paperclips pretty easily and they do the job... but on the Nexus 5, the hole for the SIM eject tool is so tiny... :eek:

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
I used a paperclip at times but was afraid of it breaking some times so I carry a Sim tool ejector right behind my case its very thin and I don't notice any bulk on it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

andretan

Jan 6, 2014
Singapore
i have successfully used cheap toothpicks that you buy from a grocery store.
Toothpick? I thought toothpicks are usually thicker than paperclips?

I used a paperclip at times but was afraid of it breaking some times so I carry a Sim tool ejector right behind my case its very thin and I don't notice any bulk on it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
The paperclips I have don't seem to fit... :(

:eek:

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I keep the tool from the N5 and the one from the Moto X on a keyring and keep them in a zipper pouch in which I also keep whatever phone I'm not using at the time, along with extra sim adapters. I swap between the two phones almost daily so I keep everything safe, handy, and in one spot.

Chrono_Tata

Sep 29, 2010
I use the pin in my pocket knife. Seems to work fine, although you have to check them in when flying obviously.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk