[Q] Droid DNA screen replacement issues

Search This thread

kgwy

May 2, 2014
Dharwad
Hello All,

This is my first post. So, please bear with my mistakes if any.

I love this phone very much and so wanna get this thing fixed.. Please Help!!!

My Verizon Droid DNA phone is *rooted* with latest CM11 nightly updates. I broke the screen sometime ago and so decided to do the screen replacement myself.

I did replace the screen yesterday successfully ( assembling part) and then fired the phone up to find that my SIM card was not being detected among other things like

* volume rocker UP button not working
* Camera not working along with flash
* The tiny Notification light which we see when charging and also when some messages have been received is not lighting up.

Note that my touch, my swipes on the new screen are perfectly OK

Has anyone experienced similar problems before and have been able to successfully fix it?

gfs001

Jun 7, 2014
lcd

please help me, I have htc droid dna and want to replace LCD display with touch screen digitizer, does fit model X920e lcd with screen my droid dna? is X920e butterfly and droid dna lcd screen same?

jinx01

Dec 25, 2007
Hello All,

This is my first post. So, please bear with my mistakes if any.

I love this phone very much and so wanna get this thing fixed.. Please Help!!!

My Verizon Droid DNA phone is *rooted* with latest CM11 nightly updates. I broke the screen sometime ago and so decided to do the screen replacement myself.

I did replace the screen yesterday successfully ( assembling part) and then fired the phone up to find that my SIM card was not being detected among other things like

* volume rocker UP button not working
* Camera not working along with flash
* The tiny Notification light which we see when charging and also when some messages have been received is not lighting up.

Note that my touch, my swipes on the new screen are perfectly OK

Has anyone experienced similar problems before and have been able to successfully fix it?

I would try dissasembling and very carefully reassembling. I have some experience taking apart and putting this phone back together again. It's a pain and yes, i have had issues with certain components giving out because of my tinkering. Sometimes the reassembly fixed it, sometimes not - I suspect I damaged the component with a careless (or careful, for that matter) mistake. Best of luck to you.

kgwy

May 2, 2014
Dharwad
I would try dissasembling and very carefully reassembling. I have some experience taking apart and putting this phone back together again. It's a pain and yes, i have had issues with certain components giving out because of my tinkering. Sometimes the reassembly fixed it, sometimes not - I suspect I damaged the component with a careless (or careful, for that matter) mistake. Best of luck to you.

thanks for replying... I just did the disassembly and assembly a couple of weeks ago. The problem was ( I dont know what to call them) with a couple of tiny cables which are right in the center of the phone assembly. All I had to do was press them a bit hard until you hear the 'tick' sound and then screw them up.. Before, I was just putting on the screws and that was caused these problems.

I, however, killed the volume control assembly while doing all this. I now have got a new one after ordering it online.. Planning to do it all over again..

Wish me luck!

regards..