[APP] One Click Root/UnRoot I9000 (Eclair and Froyo) Mac and PC

Search This thread

Quiksilver78

Jul 28, 2010
Czech Republic
I assumed it may just be a quick process like that, but when I try to apply the lag fix, and install the ext2 tools, it tells me that i need to root my phone to work. Otherwise i dont know any way to check if my phone is rooted.

Obvious question, you select the 1st option in OCLF to root your phone (does it show up in a green box?) the update.zip file is created and then you are proceeding to turn off your phone, do the Volume Up+Home+Power to enter recovery mode and apply update.zip, right?

Also, I believe the one-click root process does not work in JPC.

fonetalk

Aug 23, 2010
Obvious question, you select the 1st option in OCLF to root your phone (does it show up in a green box?) the update.zip file is created and then you are proceeding to turn off your phone, do the Volume Up+Home+Power to enter recovery mode and apply update.zip, right?

Also, I believe the one-click root process does not work in JPC.

Problem fixed, the phone was rooted - i had to activate 1 click Lag fix in the super user app before one OCLF will recognise the phone was rooted..

All works now - just got 1836 on the Quadrant test - not to bad...

Cheers for the help.

=Oberon=

Aug 26, 2010
Yes.As above.
Mine has the 3 button recovery disabled so I tried this and works fine.(See my last post in this thread)
However I unrooted anyway and am also waiting for froyo.

alxpowa

Sep 9, 2010
I tried the one click root on my Samsung Galaxy S i9000s and it worked fine at first. I tried installing an app with AppInstaller. And now I can't see the phone on my PC. So I can't transfer media, files, apps or even unroot.

The phone sees that it's connected, but I can't access either the internal or the external SD from my computer.

I installed the driver, obivously and I mounted the cards too.

Any idea please ?

alxpowa

Sep 9, 2010
Yes i did. Im sure there is no actual problem with the root itself since i had no problem at first. But when i wanted to add new.apps this morning i noticed i didnt see my sd anymore. I uninstalled the last app i installed. But nothing.

=Oberon=

Aug 26, 2010
Sometimes when I plug my USB cable in and then select mass storage mode and then select mount from the pull down window it doesnt react. I gotta pull the USB out and reconnect a second time,then it works.Might be something as simple as that.
If not I dunno what else to suggest,Ive only had the phone for about 3 weeks so still new to it and the android OS. Perhaps someone else more in the know can offer some help?

alxpowa

Sep 9, 2010
Sometimes when I plug my USB cable in and then select mass storage mode and then select mount from the pull down window it doesnt react. I gotta pull the USB out and reconnect a second time,then it works.Might be something as simple as that.
If not I dunno what else to suggest,Ive only had the phone for about 3 weeks so still new to it and the android OS. Perhaps someone else more in the know can offer some help?
Yeah it worked. Sorry for the late answer. Thanks.

orudie

Sep 15, 2010
Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root.exe Application Error

I tried this on T-Mobile Vibrant ECLAIR from Windows 7 64bit.
Samsung Drivers Installed and confirmed in device manager
.net framework 4 Client Profile installed
.net framework 4 Extended isntalled

First of all ClamAV detected virus in Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root.exe and quarantined it. Therefore I had to make exeption on Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root directory.

When I double click Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root.exe I get error:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application

Quiksilver78

Jul 28, 2010
Czech Republic

First of all ClamAV detected virus in Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root.exe and quarantined it. Therefore I had to make exeption on Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root directory.

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application

If you are having issues with the one-click application, simplify things by renaming root.zip to update.zip and flash your phone via recovery mode.

P

petethesparky

You can also run the batch file as a standalone without using the fancy launcher.

And get a decent AV package ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S using XDA App

nader2013

Dec 27, 2009
I keep getting update.zip is not found something like that and installation aborted... I'm guessing its not in the right spot. Does anybody have the link for this?

galaxy44

Sep 8, 2010
uk
Thanks for the wonderful app

all the rooting without the pain

I had a problem with the launcher though

screenshot885.jpg

PC XP
i couldn't run the "Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root" file.
I ran "rootme" file instead

other than that I'm ROOTY TOOTY ROOTED :D

Many Thanks :)

Trumpet19

Feb 15, 2008
I have a Mac, and the new sprint Epic 4g...I tried the simple process, and well...it didn't work...what am I doing wrong...I followed the debugging instructions, and downloaded the root program. But every time my phone reboots, and I select the using the volume key, it says aborted...Is there a way to root the Epic 4g on a Mac...I searched all over the web, and couldn't find any instructions...and this didn't work for me either....PLEASE HELP....thank you.:)

toansta

Sep 26, 2010
wow after weeks of searching for a rooting method which works with phones that have the 3br locked, you method (via the mac) is the only one that has worked for me.

thank you very much, much appreciated.

I900DTJG3
CSC_I9000OPSJG1

ranblv

Apr 18, 2010
You should really not recommend rom manager to froyo roms.
it works only on 2.1 for now.

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010

Probably a false positive since NOD32 and Malwarebytes says it's A OK... ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team,

This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip or unroot-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.​

Rooting adds the following to your 2.1 Eclair system and unrooting removes them:
    /system/xbin/busybox (version 1.17.1)
    /system/xbin/su
    /system/app/Superuser.apk (version 2.3.1)
    and links /system/bin/su to /system/xbin/su​

Credits:
    LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.
    Dr.Hani Akrim for the original rooted-update.zip for 2.2 Froyo.
    gunnarhafdal : for creating the Mac GUI for my app.​

This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair and 2.2 Froyo JP2 not JP3.

PC Instructions:

galaxysi9000oneclicknew.jpg

Download the app here , mirror.

Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....

Requirements: Dot Net Framework version 4: Click Here

Rooting Instructions:
    1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.

3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_I9000_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root" file.

5. Based on the version of the Operating System you are running, click the "One-Click Root 2.1" button for Eclair or "One-Click Root 2.2" for Froyo Warning: Not Both!!. This will launch a command prompt follow the instructions in the CMD window.​

Done! You are rooted.

Mac Instructions:

oneclickrootmac.jpg

Download the app: here, mirror.

• It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.

Rooting Instructions:

1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. Connect the phone to your computer.

3. Eject both the internal and external SD card from your computer and turn off USB storage in the notification area.

4. Click one of the buttons depending on what you want to do.

5. After the phone has rebooted into recovery select "apply sdcard:update.zip" for I9000 and I9000M and choose "Reinstall Packages" for the US models using the volume keys and then press the home button for I9000 and I9000M and the power button on the right top side for US models to start the process.​

=====================================================================

Done! You are rooted.

UnRooting Instructions:
    To UnRoot follow the same instructions except click on the Unroot button. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to unroot as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox. I would suggest to restore you phone back to stock ROM before even needing to unroot and if you are on stock unroot all you want otherwise what is the point of unrooting.

Getting Started with Android After Rooting:

Superuser app issue: Found out the issue with Superuser App crash. If you install new superuser 2.3.1 the app will crash if you click on the Info Tab. The first Time you One-Click Root you will need to run something as superuser which will add an item the superuser will track then the Info Tab will not Force Close and will display details of the tracked app requesting root access. New Superuser bug but easily ignored.​

Flash Clockwork Custom Recovery On your phone:
    Follow this URL to find fill information on ROM Manager:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734164

1. Install ROM Manager from Market.
    2. Launch ROM Manager and click on Backup ROM and save you android O/S stock rooted making getting back to stock un-rooted much easier..
    hello all i had the same problem with u all after some searching i did i found out that a person had find a solution to that ! i used it in froyo 2.2 sgs and worked like a charm where everything else failed z4root this one one click !
    as i know is another version of one click ! i show a some post b4 i do that that have worked so i tried and worked for me 2 ! sorry to the guy i cant find the page so i cant put a reference to him but i post the link of file here so to solve the problem of not working root in sgs 2.2 froyo

uploading. com/files/ get /2785e683/

sorry for the link have spaces but i am not permited to post outside links yet
    Very Good!!!
    hello all i had the same problem with u all after some searching i did i found out that a person had find a solution to that ! i used it in froyo 2.2 sgs and worked like a charm where everything else failed z4root this one one click !
    as i know is another version of one click ! i show a some post b4 i do that that have worked so i tried and worked for me 2 ! sorry to the guy i cant find the page so i cant put a reference to him but i post the link of file here so to solve the problem of not working root in sgs 2.2 froyo

uploading. com/files/ get /2785e683/

sorry for the link have spaces but i am not permited to post outside links yet

hell yeah, thanks dude, its working.. perfectly !!!
    Please pull the file and update if possible :) thanks very much I do not mean to sound like a ****.. the error code described above means one of the files is corrupted.
    Edit: I was able to root just runing root file, not the .exe