No messaging with NotTooSmart vanilla

Search This thread

papamopps

Retired Moderator
Mar 16, 2006
Cologne
I´m using NotTooSmart vanilla and really loved it but now I cannot execute Messaging program. No SMS, no MMS and no email. I don´t know why???

When I go to Programs - Messaging nothig happens. When I press button 1 nothing happens.

Why????
Can´t find help in the forum yet.

papamopps

Retired Moderator
Mar 16, 2006
Cologne
Same after ahrdreset and backup

I did a hardreset and messaging is working. But after restoring by SKTools - nothing happens again. I don´t know when messaging stops working. SO I think I´ve got to set up phon efrom bottom. Urgh:

I did a hardreset and messaging is working. But after restoring by SKTools - nothing happens again. I don´t know when messaging stops working. SO I think I´ve got to set up phon efrom bottom. Urgh:

I dont understand what you are having backed up with SKtools. This being said, any backup made with SKtools should be used only on the rom you made it with. Every rom is diffrent as every chef is diffrent. Set it up from scratch and make a new backup. then when you hardreset you should be ok to use those backups.

papamopps

Retired Moderator
Mar 16, 2006
Cologne
It is your rom

I ran SKtools after setup everything with your vanilla ROM. Tha is clear. But while installing everything there must be a mistake - I don´t have messaging programs. I´ve set email accounts and everything was ok, stable and very fast. Today I recognized, that I couldn´t write anny message. It only makes nothing by pushing button 1. It makes nothing, when I go to Programs - Messaging.

After hardreset everything works great. So while installing and befor making a bakup of your ROM and my settings - there must be a break in these part. So after restore I have the same problem like before. So I have to install everything again. My fault I think.

But the backup I made is naturaly from your ROM.

mfrazzz

Sep 12, 2006
Falcon, Colorado
You realize you are backing up and restoring on WM6 and most tools are not upgraded for WM6 yet. Could be that SKtools restore (or backup) doesn't work quite right with WM6. Just a guess, but anyone running WM6 should realize that some things just may not work (or appear to work but then break, or worse, break other things due to bad interactions).

Welcome to the bleeding edge! :D

papamopps

Retired Moderator
Mar 16, 2006
Cologne
First test

It hase been my first test with SKTools and everything is fine. Everything works. But perhaps I haven´t realized that messaging was not running before I made the backup. So when I restore - I restore the mistake. So I´ve got to hardreset and start again.

No problem. Third time this week with different ROM

wko668

Jan 10, 2007
I read from another thread that the way wm6 stores the contact list is quite different from wm5. Maybe this is why SKTools can't restore the backup correctly on wm6.

papamopps

Retired Moderator
Mar 16, 2006
Cologne
Hard reset made it

After one hour and ahrdreset, messaging is again working. Don´t know why it was broken.

But now have again 25MB after sktools optimize.

Running fast.

Thank you.