[ROM][ICS][4.0.4][AOSP]Galaxian-Soup[GT-7310/7300][beta 1.7.3][4.5.2012]

Search This thread

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Weird, I tested Beta 1.4 heavily for several days and didn't had reboots. The only issues I found were the Browser once more sometimes stopped working with the Internet and the Youtube app sideways scrolling graphics issue on the left side of the screen. Are you guys wiping before flashing? Also, have you cleared Cache and Dalvik Cache and then tested if reboots still remained?

pats4life100

Sep 27, 2010
I love the Rom my only problem is that I can't tether to my from my phone any way you can ad adhoc support

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

dondavis007

Aug 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Weird, I tested Beta 1.4 heavily for several days and didn't had reboots. The only issues I found were the Browser once more sometimes stopped working with the Internet and the Youtube app sideways scrolling graphics issue on the left side of the screen. Are you guys wiping before flashing? Also, have you cleared Cache and Dalvik Cache and then tested if reboots still remained?

Wipe everything at least twice :)
Running CM9 @ 1.504 now without any trouble

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

chienline

Jun 10, 2009
Wipe everything at least twice :)
Running CM9 @ 1.504 now without any trouble

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

I read that the camera on CM9 is not working either. I'm running GS Beta 1.4 @1,504 and have no reboot issue.

I agree with nirogu325 about distortion on bottom left of screen while scrolling on youtube homescreen, which I have encountered since alpha version.
But I don't see the stock browser get stuck yet.

Everything is just going great and smooth so now I'm hunting the market apps to load on my Tab :D

Again, BIG thanks to all the Devs :)
With Love on Valentine's Day (LoL)

bdfull3r

Oct 25, 2011
i don't know whats the problem but i seriously doubt its people forgetting to wipe data and cache. One or two maybe but a whole swarm of people who never had issues before hand is suspect.

bplay

Jul 31, 2007
Gelnhausen
No reboot problems. Just installed like it is written in the first post. Rom is running very good :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-7300 mit Tapatalk

dondavis007

Aug 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I read that the camera on CM9 is not working either. I'm running GS Beta 1.4 @1,504 and have no reboot issue.

I agree with nirogu325 about distortion on bottom left of screen while scrolling on youtube homescreen, which I have encountered since alpha version.
But I don't see the stock browser get stuck yet.

Everything is just going great and smooth so now I'm hunting the market apps to load on my Tab :D

Again, BIG thanks to all the Devs :)
With Love on Valentine's Day (LoL)

You have camera?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

chienline

Jun 10, 2009
I'll just answer for him... No one has camera yet on ics. The hardware isn't supported yet, but the devs are working on it!

Sent from my GT-P7300 using XDA App

haha, thanks :D
All I mean is, since CM9 doesn't have camera working, then I guess it's not better than Galaxian Soup, so I'm not wasting my time downloading and testing that rom for now :D

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

But Samsung has launched ICS for Tab 7 Plus, that means the camera problem soon be fixed :cool:
just the matter of time, and patient people will taste the best ice cream ;)

Loccy

Jul 12, 2005

The browser freeze problem is an old one and seems to be related to Flash. If I watch a Flash video, sometimes on subsequent use of the browser you get the behaviour you describe, where it hangs. I have my browser set to display the most used pages as the homepage and even this fails to load despite being an internal page that requires no interwebs. When in this state if you do a force stop on the browser it seems to fix it (so no need for a full reboot). Suspect there is some kind of Flash based process that's hanging and causing the browser to do the same.

If you have no interest in Flash, I would imagine disabling it would fix this problem outright - otherwise, a quick force close and you're back in business.

bplay

Jul 31, 2007
Gelnhausen
Is there a way to implement the stock Samsung keyboard in this Rom? I got my keyboard dock today and it needs the stock keyboard to work correct.

bdfull3r

Oct 25, 2011
Is there a way to implement the stock Samsung keyboard in this Rom? I got my keyboard dock today and it needs the stock keyboard to work correct.

+ 1
What he said

Also can we remove the Japanese keyboard, use sixaxis to play games with m ps3 cntroler and when i turn it off, it defaults to the Japanese keyboard that ALWAYS. Force closes

Last edited:

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com

I've developed an app to change to swedish/finnish keyboard layout as I'm using a bluetooth keyboard with my GT-P7310 and I've created versions of the app for a couple of other countries aswell.

Here's a demo version of the German/Austrian version: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.apedroid.keymapgerausdemo

Not sure if the Samsung keyboard uses a standard German keyboard layout. If it uses a modified layout then all mappings may not be correct. Let me know how it works.
(This is the layout I've used as reference when doing the German keyboard layout: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_Germany.svg)

Reactions: dondavis007

bplay

Jul 31, 2007
Gelnhausen
I've developed an app to change to swedish/finnish keyboard layout as I'm using a bluetooth keyboard with my GT-P7310 and I've created versions of the app for a couple of other countries aswell.

Here's a demo version of the German/Austrian version: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.apedroid.keymapgerausdemo

Not sure if the Samsung keyboard uses a standard German keyboard layout. If it uses a modified layout then all mappings may not be correct. Let me know how it works.
(This is the layout I've used as reference when doing the German keyboard layout: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_Germany.svg)

Your App is working great, but there is a bug. Space-Bar is not "Space", its a capital S ;-)

Is there a way for you to implement the Android-Key-Functions on/for the Keyboard-Dock?

I start another Test with the TouchPad Bluetooth Keyboard, because there is also a QWERTZ/QWERTY Problem. I think your App could be very helpfull for many german keyboard users....

EDIT: Okay, maybe i was blind, because it is a Demo Version, thats why the Space-Bar is the Letter S ;-)

EDIT 02: Seems to be working finde with the TouchPad Keyboard.

Last edited:

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
on Android Central :
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-outed-runs-ics-7-inch-display

But I make a mistake, it's not 7 Plus but a new Tab-2 identical to 7 Plus.

Yes, i did see that news also. I wonder what SoC does this have...

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

You who have random reboots on beta 1.4, can you please post which recovery you are using? We just want to rule out the possibility that some version of CWM recovery is messing something up.
None of the developers are having this problem and we all are using overcome CWM recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting Galaxian-Soup ICS Beta 1.7.3 for Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-7310/GT-7300!

*** Update 4/5/2012 ***
    4.0.4 AOSP Builds!

GT-7310 WiFi Downloads

GT-7300 3G Downloads

Google Apps

Torrent Links
    Courtesy of ceno808 (and our newest team member!
    • ** Coming soon 1.7.3
    • gApps

Previous Releases

Bug reports should go here

Any report of a problem must be submitted with a logcat, if you don't know how to create one google is your friend, it would help us greatly in solving these little bugs with this kind of information, Thanks!

Working
    • Pretty Much everything!

Not working:
    • Cameras
    • Auto brightness seems to work sometimes, but not all the time.

Installation:
    *** You maybe able to flash over previous builds, we haven't tested, if you have issues after, please try a wipe/re-flash ***

1. In CWM recovery, clear your data/factory reset
    2. Clear the dalvik cache (under advanced, or under the wipe menu in overcome cwm)
    3. Flash the provided zip using CWM recovery
    4. Flash gapps from CWM recovery
    5. Bootup and setup your Google account
    6. OC if you want with included NoFrills CPU, and set to interactive governor! (tested with other OC apps like setcpu as well)
    7. Give it a chance, this is a deodexed ROM and will boot slow the first time and when you use apps the first time.

Videos

Change Log

Beta 1.7.3 (with motley kernel v3 build 79/wifi & build 80/3G) April 4, 2012
    • Rebase to AOSP 4.0.4 (see google for fixes :))

Beta 1.6.4 (with motley kernel v3, 7310/7300) March 21, 2012
    • Bluetooth tethering fixes (thanks rmcc and CyanogenMod)
    • 3G tethering fixes (thanks isimobile)
    • ro.build.id set to IML74K in case any apps require it (Chrome's recent patch makes this not necessary any more)
    • webkit patch from Google, still testing to see if it helps the random browser freezes.
    • Upgraded Broadcom wifi driver from stock bcm4330 to bcmdhd 5.90.195.35 (thanks pershoot)
    • Misc wireless and network patches

Beta 1.5.1 (with motley kernel v3, build 65/wifi & build 66/3G) Feb 16, 2012
    • Rebase on latest AOSP master repository (Feb 13 sync)
    • KSM (Kernel SamePage Merging) implemented in AOSP dalvik (thanks showp1984) - KSM now fully operational
    • Reverted a kernel patch to see if it helps with random reboots.
    • Reverting back build.prop tweaks for now as this build has been very stable and smooth without them.
    • Replaced ES File Explorer with File Manager HD since ES started FC'ing on open wiht the latest AOSP build.

Beta 1.4 (with motley kernel v3, build 62/wifi & build 63/3G)
    • Sync wifi and 3G builds
    • Fixed Bluetooth keyboard issue
    • Smoother window animations
    • Reduced wifi scan interval further to save battery
    • KSM support now available in the kernel
    • Auto brightness settings (experimenting with kallt_kaffe device settings)

Beta 1.3 (with motley kernel v3 build 60)
    • Fixed battery stats (motley)
    • Some build.prop performance tweaks (tommrazek01 and motley)
    • Added Holo Spiral and Magic Smoke live wallpapers
    • DEV only - added built Camera.apk back in for folks that want to play around (camera still doesn't work).

Beta 1.2 (with motley kernel v3 build 60)
    • Melfas touchscreen driver fix that will help with gaming performance (thanks to kallt_kaffe!)
    • Minor kernel tweaks (pershoot, see github for details)

Beta 1.1
    • removed SetCPU (Visit his XDA post, or buy his app in the market if you want UV control)
    • added No-frills CPU Control (SINEO)

Beta 1.0
    • Updated Kernel
    • Fix set gov/freq issues, now set to interactive/1.0GHz by default. Sets properly on boot by SetCPU if you want to OC.
    • Fixes for 3G (see P7300 thread)
    • Smoother UI
    • Browser freeze bug appears to be fixed, although flash is still a little buggy on ICS devices
    • Now using Code Sourcery (Mentor Graphics) toolchains
    • WiFi scanning interval reduced to increase battery life

App Delivery!
    • Added /data/app folder to install zip
    • Add/remove apks as you wish to have flashed - remove all if you are setup and don't do a complete wipe!
    • Includes the following free apps to help with quick setup: TitaniumES File Explorer, SetCPU, JackPal Terminal, CIFS Manager

Team Galaxian-Soup!
    • nycbjr - Team Leader, dev (first working build, voice search fix, sound), testing/troubleshooting, and lead motivator
      Editor of iTweakiT.com
      the COMPULSiVE REENGINEERING blog
    • motley - lead dev, p5 device tree, final build, kernel development, all around awesomeness!
    • termleech - Dev bringing considerable experience from the Galaxy Nexus and Moto Atrix ICS world
      Twitter: @codemonkeyjava
      Google+ gplus.to/codemonkeyjava
    • tommrazek01 - testing/troubleshooting, ideas guy, future boot animations
      Twitter
      Google+
    • poisike - pioneer testing with other tegra ICS ROMs, testing/troubleshooting, Lead 3g
      • ceno808

Credits:
      • Google - and the AOSP for the releasing the OS
      • Cyanogen Mod Team - for their awesome git repo and developers
      • We would like to offer our p5 device if they are interested.
      • Samsung for the awesome device and kernel source (for HC 3.1 at least)

• kallt_kaffe - for being an amazing community member and working with motely for some of the fixes listed above!
      • pershoot - for pointing us in the right direction on libraries and kernel fixes!
      • digetx - for pointing us in the right direction on the green frame buffer fix!
      • alterbridge - for his CWM Recovery port for 73xx.
      • JaeCar99 - for his amazing howto's and support

Source's are available on GitHub
    https://github.com/Galaxian-Soup

galaxian-soup-logo-500x500-BUBBLE-3-alt-sm.jpg
    Hey poisike, Nice to see :).
    We have working 3G connection on P7300!

attachment.php
    Just a little update... almost there...
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    Weekend Update

Hey guys! I know everyone is waiting patiently for a new build, or at least some news, well I'm going to give you some news, update probably won't happen until next week.

2 members of the team had some hardware issues this week, so progress slowed down a bit until today.

We have very promising leads on the HW Video Acceleration, and Camera bugs, these bave been our primary concern, and also the most "challenging". As many of you know Nvidia has been less than forthcoming with their code, even amid promises of opening up their source "sometime this year".

Well some clues from other devs and roms, I believe have us pointed in the right direction.

Camera, today we received some leaked tegra libs, in it are camera stuff, upon a simple swap in I got a black screen while loading camera.apk, doesn't sounds great right? but that means the camera hardware (well should mean) is being recognized (at least partially), we may need to write some config, or code, who knows.

Also we began Looking for seriously at a 3g version.

Good stuff happening, keep up the faith!