Browser bookmark sync

Search This thread

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
This feature absolutely refuses to work for me. I'm so sick of these glitches and problems. I have the google io version. Latest update.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

markdj57

Oct 16, 2010
Belfast
www.stronge.org.uk
Doesn't work on my tab10.1 either, very annoying that there hasn't been any OTA update since release even to fix the browser issues which are as follows:

1. Browser bookmark sync doesn't work
2. Heavy websites causing screen redraw, impossible to scroll from top to bottom without redraw
3. All websites refuse to load and the last website which did load is displayed but in garbled form.
4. Flash causing slowdown and stuttering - try loading www.techradar.com and enable flash and then scroll up and down - it's terrible.
5. Holding down on a weblink doesn't bring up the sharing function to share to another app.

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
Doesn't work on my tab10.1 either, very annoying that there hasn't been any OTA update since release even to fix the browser issues which are as follows:

1. Browser bookmark sync doesn't work
2. Heavy websites causing screen redraw, impossible to scroll from top to bottom without redraw
3. All websites refuse to load and the last website which did load is displayed but in garbled form.
4. Flash causing slowdown and stuttering - try loading www.techradar.com and enable flash and then scroll up and down - it's terrible.
5. Holding down on a weblink doesn't bring up the sharing function to share to another app.

All the same stuff is happening here. Not very happy with it.

ehupp01

Aug 5, 2010
Mine never worked until I:

Stop syncing in chrome.
Remove google sync on tablet.
Reboot table.
Start sync in chrome.
Add sync on table.

Has worked ever since. YMMV

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
This STILL doesn't work for me after a wipe and an upgrade to the latest 3.2 rom. :(

Windiddy

Jun 7, 2010
touch wiz browser sucks

TouchWiz Browser sucks...regular HoneyComb browser worked flawlessly before I updated to TW. THe HC browser synced w chrome no problem. Need to get rid of my SGT10.1 and buy Prime or Acer 510.

ProximaC

Oct 27, 2009
Tacoma
I have had to wipe my chrome sync in the Google Dashboard twice since I got my tab in early December to fix the sync problem. Whether it's the tab's fault or your stored data's fault I don't know. After you get it set up again it can take 1 or 2 days for everything to trickle through though, so be patient.

canbe1980

Aug 7, 2005
Birmingham
I turned on "Encrypt all data" when using Chrome Sync, and since then my Galaxy Tab browser has failed to sync bookmarks.

I don't know if this is the issue, but it would make sense. Can you check your sync settings in Chrome?

chrome://chrome/settings/syncSetup

SBGS-FTW

Apr 2, 2012
I turned on "Encrypt all data" when using Chrome Sync, and since then my Galaxy Tab browser has failed to sync bookmarks.

I don't know if this is the issue, but it would make sense. Can you check your sync settings in Chrome?

chrome://chrome/settings/syncSetup

Try to encrypt the password only, not all data.

canbe1980

Aug 7, 2005
Birmingham
Try to encrypt the password only, not all data.

Originally it was just passwords but I wanted everything encrypted. I was offering a suggestion of what might be causing the Tab to fail when syncing bookmarks, since it started failing for me after encrypting everything.

I think the only way to go back to encrypting only the passwords is to stop Chrome syncing, delete all synced data from the dashboard, and turn syncing back on. I could be wrong!

SBGS-FTW

Apr 2, 2012
Okay, so this is what I did to get my Bookmarks working:

Go to Settings in your Chrome Browser.

1. Personal Stuff>Advanced
  2. Uncheck Bookmarks
  3. Change to "Encrypt passwords"
  4. Click OK.
  5. In the Personal Stuff Window, click Google Dashboard and login
  6. Scroll down to Chrome Sync and click "Stop sync and delete data from Google"
  7. Depending on how much you've got, it can take a while. Mine took about 7-10 minutes. Have a smoke or something.
  8. When it's finished, go back to Chrome Settings>Personal Stuff>Advanced
  9. Recheck Bookmarks, and double-check Encrypt Passwords is selected.
  10. Done.

I did this the other day and I didn't lose any data. See below:

"Last sync: Apr 18, 2012 9:45 PM
Bookmarks: 204
Preferences: 22
Themes: 1
Autofill data: 3168
Autofill profiles: 5
Extensions: 9
Applications: 9
Omnibox data: 198
Open Tabs: 5
Search engines: 86
Passwords: 5
Note: Encrypted with password."

If your using the Android browser and it's still not working, look into "Chrome Marks". It's free and will one-way sync your bookmarks to your device. If you pay for it, it goes 2-way.

Can also try the Chrome Beta app. I've mess with it for a while, but they still have a lot to do just for stability...and it's been taking time away from checking out ICS.

Hope any or all of this helps out.

Edit: Forgot to mention you'll need to setup a new application-specific password to get Chrome Sync going again. I don't remember where though. gl

Reactions: Windiddy

Lurittelija

Oct 14, 2010
Oh god this is annoying, my tab is almost perfect but those fukin bookmarks...

Can't get them to work no matter what, how come they have made it so difficult...

Plus, if I could just export from Chrome and then import to my tab, that would be enough.. but noooo.........

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, so this is what I did to get my Bookmarks working:

Go to Settings in your Chrome Browser.

1. Personal Stuff>Advanced
    2. Uncheck Bookmarks
    3. Change to "Encrypt passwords"
    4. Click OK.
    5. In the Personal Stuff Window, click Google Dashboard and login
    6. Scroll down to Chrome Sync and click "Stop sync and delete data from Google"
    7. Depending on how much you've got, it can take a while. Mine took about 7-10 minutes. Have a smoke or something.
    8. When it's finished, go back to Chrome Settings>Personal Stuff>Advanced
    9. Recheck Bookmarks, and double-check Encrypt Passwords is selected.
    10. Done.

I did this the other day and I didn't lose any data. See below:

"Last sync: Apr 18, 2012 9:45 PM
    Bookmarks: 204
    Preferences: 22
    Themes: 1
    Autofill data: 3168
    Autofill profiles: 5
    Extensions: 9
    Applications: 9
    Omnibox data: 198
    Open Tabs: 5
    Search engines: 86
    Passwords: 5
    Note: Encrypted with password."

If your using the Android browser and it's still not working, look into "Chrome Marks". It's free and will one-way sync your bookmarks to your device. If you pay for it, it goes 2-way.

Can also try the Chrome Beta app. I've mess with it for a while, but they still have a lot to do just for stability...and it's been taking time away from checking out ICS.

Hope any or all of this helps out.

Edit: Forgot to mention you'll need to setup a new application-specific password to get Chrome Sync going again. I don't remember where though. gl