German users hands up

Search This thread

Gedomania

Feb 5, 2009
Hey this thread should be for all german users and problems occuring on german G1s , i would suggest that german users who have problems downgrading or rooting the G1 can posthere,
i would like to know if someone with an German G1 has already downgraded the device!

well everybody is waiting for a messias ;)
some tried to downgrade but did not succeed..
there are 2 possibilities
1 - someone alters the american downgrade with a different CID or whatever keeps it from running on our G1
2 - some european linux pros find an exploit in our firmware

Palava

Apr 13, 2008
Google Pixel 5
rc33

What if we get the RC33 update[version 1.5]? Can we downgrade to RC29 then?

I'm a Dutch G1 user, same build thus. Also waiting for root access, for tethering & auto rotate mainly.

dirty_

Feb 8, 2009
As i mentioned in other threads we all got the same issues with downgrading/becoming root/chanching hte bootloader/do anything weird with this device..

My spec are:

Model Info:

T-mobile G1
Firmware version :
Basebandversion:
62.33.20.08U_1.22.12.29
Kernel version:
2.5.25-01843-gfea26b0
android-build@apa27 #6

Build number:

Bootscreen says:
DREA110 PVT 32B
HBOOT-0.95.000
CPLD-4
RADIO-1.22.12.29

SEP 2 2008

When booting o the update.zip it seays: Finding - / opening - /verifying update package and then at "installing update" package it prompts:

Code:
E:Failure at line1:
assert file_contains("SYSTEM:build.prop", " ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/kila/dream/trout:1.0/TC4-RC30/116143:user/ota-rel-keys, release-keys") == "true" || file_contains("SYSTEM:build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/kila/dream/troInstallation aborted.

any ideas?

Do the others have the same issues?

dirty_

Feb 8, 2009
I thiunk i will wait for other comanies to sell android-able phones and get one of their's.

Spent about 20 Hours now on googleing and searching. That usually should do it 10 ten times trying to solve any problem with linux, but it doesn't.

It occurs to me that android isn'T as free as they say and that it isn't as opensource as everybody is told. That's CRAP!

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
German G1s with the new CID can NOT be downgraded with the available leak NBH files. CID mismatch. They also can NOT be upgraded with RC33 update.zip files, as updaters are region specific (assertion in the update script that checks the device's existing fingerprint against an allowed list).

Long story short: German G1 owners have to wait for now.

Darkrift

Oct 5, 2006
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I thiunk i will wait for other comanies to sell android-able phones and get one of their's.

Spent about 20 Hours now on googleing and searching. That usually should do it 10 ten times trying to solve any problem with linux, but it doesn't.

It occurs to me that android isn'T as free as they say and that it isn't as opensource as everybody is told. That's CRAP!

Example of someone who does not read, just *****es. The OS is open, the device is not. Blame your cell provider, not Android. Also go read a few threads and by all means, return your G1 and buy something later after you have done some reading.

juelu

Nov 27, 2007
when you can't contribute, you're in a really bad position to get an answer ;)

when you have a good idea in how doing this, I'm sure JFv is willing to help...

x-poke

Mar 12, 2007
Germany
seriously waiting for the DREAIMG.nbh for german t-mobile G1.

seriously waiting for the DREAIMG.nbh for german t-mobile G1.

I updated my german t-mobile G1 from rc29 to rc33.
after i upgrade my g1 to rc33 i keep getting an sms from an operator number every 5 minutes. I have to disable the notifications for the text messages cuz I have 36 sms from the same operator and it's getting more.It's annoying.
and the number is +491770702600 . i don't use an t-mobile sim card. my sim card is from e-plus.

I didn't have any problems until i upgraded the g1.
can't downgrade.have read about "SoftSPL Flash any ROM" for fake changing the CID but it's too complicated :S

anyone has the same problem?

Last edited:

McLin

Feb 1, 2007
Lohfelden
www.cardomain.com
The signed-kila-ota-126986.f6469a1e.zip is a USA RC33 Update...
I dont know why it run on German G1, and the Downgrade RC29 not...

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=PLAT-RC33
ro.build.version.incremental=126986
ro.build.version.sdk=2
ro.build.version.release=1.1
ro.build.date=Fri Jan 16 15:36:09 PST 2009
ro.build.date.utc=1232148969
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=android-build
ro.build.host=apa1.mtv.corp.google.com
ro.build.tags=ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.product.model=T-Mobile G1
ro.product.brand=tmobile
ro.product.name=kila
ro.product.device=dream
ro.product.board=trout
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=dream
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=kila-user 1.1 PLAT-RC33 126986 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/kila/dream/trout:1.1/PLAT-RC33/126986:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for dream
#

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
wifi.interface = tiwlan0
ro.ril.oem.ecclist = 999,000,08,118,112,120,122,110,119

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.com.google.clientid=tmobile-us

Last edited:

tempme

Oct 15, 2006
Cause of the rom signature, you can not install der RC29 rom. Your G1 is not able to boot this rom.

emiliosdance

Aug 12, 2008
:mad:

The fix did not work.
The update proses is a little more detailed but the f.....messages still coming.

I am trying now to change the boot loader so i can downgrade, since the German g1 give no access to it.
any ideas;)