[EXTENSION][10Aug] Start Menu Back Gesture | CAB/EXT

Search This thread

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Hello,
I had yesterday simple idea, use swype gesture to go up one level in Start Menu. After about 2 hours, work was done.

Animation is better than 100 words:
animationeed5a.gif

Like... you go from left to right (well, it works even in opposite direction) and if you move it with right, it puts you one level up. :rolleyes:

Download:
.zip for EXT form -- on bottom of this post
.cab for CAB

Have fun!

Note: this is for WM6.5 and higher!

Attachments

• StartMenuBackGesture_1_0.zip
    3 KB · Views: 1,430
Last edited:
Reactions: navcar

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
This is built on 6.5.3 DTK, but it uses only default stuff for WM6.5 (test it somebody please, thanks). WM6.1 doesn't contain StartMenu of this type, so no. Only WM6.5 and later :).

powinmo

May 5, 2010
Wow. I must admit something so simple why the heck did MSFT *NOT* have something like this when they came up with their "newer" start menu in WM 6.5+? It does kinetic scrolling on up/down gestures, what's one more thing for them to add? Oh well.

Great work OndraSter! I can confirm this (via the cab install) works on a slightly older Energy ROM:
Energy.RHODCDMA.23121.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.21 (6.5.3 based)

Kubino

Jun 21, 2010
I tested (via cab install) on my clean ROM WM 6.5 build 21914 and it works ;). Thank you for your great work!

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
It is not working on my Omnia i900L with spanish ROM WM 6.5.5. If i just swype nothing happens if i tap hold and swype the folder icon moves

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Thats weird, are you sure you are moving to the right side? (works left-right and right-left too) The total distance on Y axis must be lower than 70px, and on X axis it must be more than 110px PLUS what you moved on Y axis.

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Took me about 5 reboots of phone to get it into this style, a bit of playing with cpr's and math :)

(Plus icons are taken from some VGA device, I use 60x60 icons, about 5MB RAM saves compared to 90x90.)

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Thats weird, are you sure you are moving to the right side? (works left-right and right-left too) The total distance on Y axis must be lower than 70px, and on X axis it must be more than 110px PLUS what you moved on Y axis.

Yes i am moving to the right side.... now, i have a non wwe rom (spanish), if that makes a difference and it is WM 6.5.5

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Improvement like what?

I can do some stuff, but not much... I'm no C programmer, I know just the basics needed for this and PTZ (they both work at the same base, just different math :) ).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    I had yesterday simple idea, use swype gesture to go up one level in Start Menu. After about 2 hours, work was done.

Animation is better than 100 words:
    animationeed5a.gif

Like... you go from left to right (well, it works even in opposite direction) and if you move it with right, it puts you one level up. :rolleyes:

Download:
    .zip for EXT form -- on bottom of this post
    .cab for CAB

Have fun!

Note: this is for WM6.5 and higher!