Hboot_1.02 bassed [downgrade & custom] & hboot_1.03 s-off

Search This thread

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Finaly found partition tables in hboot and cracked it to have custom partition layout for system, cache and userdata.

Warning: this is modified hboots, this hboots full working on my device and is tested only in my device, my device is HTC Gratia, radio 7.13.35.13, so I don't know which diference is between HTC Aria/HTC Gratia, but I want to say now: I'm not responsible for everything you done with this modified revolutionary hboot, and I'm not responsible if you brick your phone using this hboot, you can use this on your own risk!!!

Reguirements:
You need installed s-off (revolutionary), than you need to generate liberty_downgrade.img with command line (hboot_cus.exe downgrade), than install liberty_downgrade.img, than generate liberty_custom.img, than install liberty_custom.img... enjoy custom partitions :)

07.31.2012:
Added option - generate S-OFF version hboot 1.03.0000

Enabled all hboot commands in hboot 1.03.0000 version

Download:
- from attachment

Simple block calculator created by dimon2242:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28334134&postcount=52

Attachments

• hboot_cus.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:

no.human.being

Oct 29, 2011
I have no luck now (need to edit another function that check for table validity) but found table, its in litle endian mode (while hex editing!) and sizes is in block format (for example system start=block_0x172, system size=(0x640 * 131072))... 1 mean yaffs, 0 mean raw, 3 don't know what mean :)

3 is "other". Since Radio = Iguana and Iguana is a unixoid system, it probably makes use of some POSIX-compliant file system, e. g. Ext3. However, the Radio is loaded from Flash into RAM as one big "chunk" and then executed, so for all purposes, the bootloaders treat it just like "raw".

Reactions: munjeni

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Enought for cm7 with google apps ?
For froyo system need ~220mb, for cm9?

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Generator will be ready tommorow so users will generate cache, system and userdata partition sizes for his own needs

Reactions: dimon2242

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Ready... you can generate liberty_downgrade and liberty_custom (custom system, cache, userdata) using comand line aplication that is in first post... enjoy :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finaly found partition tables in hboot and cracked it to have custom partition layout for system, cache and userdata.

Warning: this is modified hboots, this hboots full working on my device and is tested only in my device, my device is HTC Gratia, radio 7.13.35.13, so I don't know which diference is between HTC Aria/HTC Gratia, but I want to say now: I'm not responsible for everything you done with this modified revolutionary hboot, and I'm not responsible if you brick your phone using this hboot, you can use this on your own risk!!!

Reguirements:
    You need installed s-off (revolutionary), than you need to generate liberty_downgrade.img with command line (hboot_cus.exe downgrade), than install liberty_downgrade.img, than generate liberty_custom.img, than install liberty_custom.img... enjoy custom partitions :)

07.31.2012:
    Added option - generate S-OFF version hboot 1.03.0000

Enabled all hboot commands in hboot 1.03.0000 version

Download:
    - from attachment

Simple block calculator created by dimon2242:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28334134&postcount=52
    message removed
    New hboot_cus is out... changelog: all fastboot commands enabled in version 1.03.0000 ...enjoy :)
    If you have backup it will working for sure ! Sizes is not problem, only problem is if you make system partition without enought space needed for that rom that you using (will not boot), so before you calculate new partition sizes use adb shell and command df to see how your system partition have size and how remaining space have, than use calculator and calculate new partition and make sure to give ~2mb or more for free space...

In post 42 I explained simple step to get/calculate right size for system partition, so read that carefully and you will create right space for sure

Add to first post my calculator for just get values with autocorrect values sum
    For Windows:
    Version 4 http://d-h.st/yjE
    For Linux
    Verison 4 http://d-h.st/HFP
    Thanks for this information.
    How, other than Android Flasher, would I load the img files?
    Are you thinking via ADB?

Yes, with adb, for example reboot to recovery and perform next commands:
    adb shell erase_image system
    adb push system.img /
    adb shell flash_image /system.img
    adb reboot
    Or by fastboot:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot flash system system.img
    Or if you have allready installed revolutionary:
    fastboot flash hboot Liberty_downgade.img
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot flash hboot Liberty_custom.img
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

I'll let munjeni answer your questions since I don't know, but I *believe* that if you do this, any previous Nandroid backups will be unusable (since the partition sizes don't match), and you will have to do a clean install of a ROM.
    Its not true! You can restore backups normally !!!