[THEME] TransStatus! Transparent Status Bar

Search This thread

mattyboy1013

Apr 20, 2010
This is my first theme so leave feedback, and feel free to donate!
This is a blur rom, and cannot be used on blurless roms.

28ri82f.jpg
i6gpdf.jpg

*Must be rooted, deodexed, froyo. full installation instructions here*

It is a .zip which you can apply via Droid X recovery.

in recovery do the following:
1. Make a nandroid backup (Backup and Restore>Backup)
2. Install zip from sd card (Install Zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card>TransStatusv1.zip)
3.reboot phone

NOTE:
Make sure in ADW you have Wallpaper hack unticked. STATIC WALLPAPERS DO NOT WORK IN LAUNCHER PRO! it is part of the way the app is written, not my status bar
Thanks MrDanger!

And feel free to visit thedroidpeople.com for more themes to come, as well as custom icons and docks!

Donate:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Attachments

• TransStatusv1.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 421
Last edited:

stevo760

Apr 28, 2010
escondido
I just installed it on my x and,, well buddy your transparent status bar isn't so transparent more of just black.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

stevo760

Apr 28, 2010
escondido
Yep everthing installed correctly everything looks like it does in his pic its just not transparent

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

georgepink

Nov 19, 2009
this is awesome, and thank you. One quick question, is there a way to retain the status bar icons you had previously? or is it all or nothing? Again, thank you, and I'll probably use it, but rather liked the icons I had before.

I just re-applied the modded icons from before and they worked. Sorry I did not think to try that earlier. Nice job on the t-bar!

Last edited:

MrDanger

Nov 10, 2009
Starkville, MS
I know the answer to these... I have had a transparent status bar for sometime now (I'm actually going to sort of borrow your transparent icons :D I was too lazy to do all of em)

The problem I ran into was that the status bar IS transparent... it's just that LauncherPro and ADW do not stretch the wallpaper past the status bar... leaving a black space there.

I did some work on trying to stretch it but forgot about it and got used to it. I'll see what I can find. But it's not the status bar... it's the Launcher!! Got to either do some re coding of launchers... or ask the dev of the launcher and see if they would "stretch" the wallpapers :rolleyes:

mattyboy1013

Apr 20, 2010
I know the answer to these... I have had a transparent status bar for sometime now (I'm actually going to sort of borrow your transparent icons :D I was too lazy to do all of em)

The problem I ran into was that the status bar IS transparent... it's just that LauncherPro and ADW do not stretch the wallpaper past the status bar... leaving a black space there.

I did some work on trying to stretch it but forgot about it and got used to it. I'll see what I can find. But it's not the status bar... it's the Launcher!! Got to either do some re coding of launchers... or ask the dev of the launcher and see if they would "stretch" the wallpapers :rolleyes:

Nice find, ill put that in the OP, thanks!

MrDanger

Nov 10, 2009
Starkville, MS
ATTENTION!!!

I stand corrected... This DOES work with ADW. How?? Well...

Menu -> "ADWSettings" -> "System Preferences" -> Untick "Wallpaper Hack"

2lw3lhc.jpg

(I also finished my transparent Sense UI status bar icons)

Now to get this working on LauncherPro...

Last edited:

mattyboy1013

Apr 20, 2010
ATTENTION!!!

I stand corrected... This DOES work with ADW. How?? Well...

Menu -> "ADWSettings" -> "System Preferences" -> Untick "Wallpaper Hack"

2lw3lhc.jpg

(I also finished my transparent Sense UI status bar icons)

Now to get this working on LauncherPro...

hah, i just came here to say that, i tried LP and ADW and it worked

wingshot007

Sep 11, 2010
Nashville
This will not work with Launcher Pro. I made my own transparent status bar and ran into the same thing.

I posted about it on the Launcher Pro forums about a week ago and never got a response. So ADW it is...