[Q] How to wipe via ClockworkMod Recovery?

Search This thread

Denavar

Feb 21, 2011
Ahoy! I apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered before (I'm sure it has - but I couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for via search.)

I currently have the Android Revolution HD v2.0.13 ROM installed.

I'm now looking to install Version 3.0. A 'full wipe' is suggested when flashing 3.0. I remember doing this via ClockworkMod recovery when I changed from my Stock ROM to ARHD, but I've forgotten exactly how to do it.

I see there are a lot of wipe/format options in ClockworkMod Recovery, but I just don't know exactly which one to use. :p

Any help would be much appreciated!

Bonus Question!: I've only had my phone for three weeks or so. The SD card has gotten /extremely/ messy due to faults of my own, mainly just lazyness. I'd like to just wipe the SD card of all data and start again fresh and clean. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it and will it mess up my ROM or anything? I'm OK with losing ALL my data and just having a freshly-installed ROM and nothing else.

menov321

Dec 8, 2008
Just go into clockword mod and choose install rom off sd or second option is to power off device and then hold down volume down key and power on...this will enable recovery console and there you can do a full wipe and then flash new rom ....make sure new rom is already on sd card.
As for sd card im not entirely sure but think you should be ok if you really wanted to wipe it....but probably be better off just trying to tidy it up .....up to you though

hope this helped

Denavar

Feb 21, 2011
Yeah, I know how to get into Clockworkmod Recovery and all, but to actually perform a 'full wipe', I don't know what option to choose specifically.

Thanks though!

c_felge

Jan 5, 2011
Hamburg
Hi,

You can either format your SD via ROM-Manager or CWM there's definitely an option for doing that but I can't remember where exactly!

Rgds

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
......wipe data/factory reset is the one to choose.

Also wipe /cache and /dalvik-cache, these are actually the most important as this is where files reside that may cause you problems as it's not overwritten by flashing a new ROM.

As for clearing out the SD card, go ahead and format it if you want, the ROM will install all required folders on boot up so don't worry about losing anything important

Reactions: kroragna

krishna4741

Dec 5, 2013
safestrap is uninstalled

guys , i have motorola razr xt910 and i have just installed an aokp rom through the safestrap and then i have just uninstall the safestrap with the boot manager also now i just cant have any rom as safestrap is uninstalled .after the reboot of the phone it simply shows motorola logo .

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
guys , i have motorola razr xt910 and i have just installed an aokp rom through the safestrap and then i have just uninstall the safestrap with the boot manager also now i just cant have any rom as safestrap is uninstalled .after the reboot of the phone it simply shows motorola logo .

You won't get very much help in the desire HD forum.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ......wipe data/factory reset is the one to choose.

Also wipe /cache and /dalvik-cache, these are actually the most important as this is where files reside that may cause you problems as it's not overwritten by flashing a new ROM.

As for clearing out the SD card, go ahead and format it if you want, the ROM will install all required folders on boot up so don't worry about losing anything important