Fixing sd ext problem

Search This thread

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
Cmon guys! I was staring at the page for the t-mobile galaxy s2 today and telling my galaxy s 4g that it was a flamming piece of crap! Make my phone less laggy so I can be confident with it!! I am so sick of low quadrant scores and choppy animations I WANT SMOOTHNESS AND SPEED!!! Why can't my device get 3000+ quadrant scores :( I should just steal an sgs2 ;)

I hate this phone so much right now :mad:

Just start fresh man. There's nothing we can do if all you want is advice but not willing to take any "chances". I've used Odin multiple times and never had a problem, just verify the files are in the correct slots, DONT CHANGE ANYTHING, and hit start.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Reactions: David1239

jager555

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
Cmon guys! I was staring at the page for the t-mobile galaxy s2 today and telling my galaxy s 4g that it was a flamming piece of crap! Make my phone less laggy so I can be confident with it!! I am so sick of low quadrant scores and choppy animations I WANT SMOOTHNESS AND SPEED!!! Why can't my device get 3000+ quadrant scores :( I should just steal an sgs2 ;)

I hate this phone so much right now :mad:

posts like this annoy me. i have zero lag. quad scores above 3400. no issues. stop hating on the phone. its all user error!

jager555

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
Lucky you, Ill use odin, my case fell off anyway lol. But odin bricked my last sgs4g so i hate it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

lol. how did it brick your phone? if you ahve problems with odin, take out your sd card and sim card. its rare, but it can cause problems. once you odin raver's kc1, i would format the sd card because that will give you a truly fresh start. let me know if you still have problems.

if you do all that and it still doesnt work right, can you try a different sd card, just to see if it gives you the same thing. ha. you can always send me your phone and i can fix it for you and mail it back the following day. will be 100%. lol

Last edited:

David1239

Aug 22, 2011
lol. how did it brick your phone? if you ahve problems with odin, take out your sd card and sim card. its rare, but it can cause problems. once you odin raver's kc1, i would format the sd card because that will give you a truly fresh start. let me know if you still have problems.

if you do all that and it still doesnt work right, can you try a different sd card, just to see if it gives you the same thing. ha. you can always send me your phone and i can fix it for you and mail it back the following day. will be 100%. lol

Well, i did it all, with a little scare with odin (tell about that later). What are dsextons values?
Well, withou dsectons values MY QUADRANT SCORES ARE STILL JUST 2000 :mad:
Maybe I am just meant to not have a fast phone.

Last edited:

David1239

Aug 22, 2011
Not many replies lately. Would like for jager to come back.

David1239

Aug 22, 2011
PM him... Are you running your quadrants back to back?

Does your phone "feel" slow?

It feels fine, but scrolling and opening applications could be snappier, i ran three quadrant tests in a row, all only in the range of 2000

QUIETLYloud

Jun 25, 2011
Holyoke
I just ran quadrant 3x first 2 were at/under 2000 the last was 2300 so I think your right on the money. Quadrant isn't always accurate, the fact that your scores will never be exactly the same even though nothing about your phone or software has changed, should attest to that.

I'm running Beautiful stock, under-volted with the only add-on being the j3 modem(no tweaks that didn't come with the ROM)

Is it possible that you're forgetting the 900 quadrants we came from?

David1239

Aug 22, 2011
I just ran quadrant 3x first 2 were at/under 2000 the last was 2300 so I think your right on the money. Quadrant isn't always accurate, the fact that your scores will never be exactly the same even though nothing about your phone or software has changed, should attest to that.

I'm running Beautiful stock, under-volted with the only add-on being the j3 modem(no tweaks that didn't come with the ROM)

Is it possible that you're forgetting the 900 quadrants we came from?

Well i am on adrenaline shot, and according to dsexton, i should see a big difference in quadrants.

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
I'm on ICBINB kj1 and I routinely get 2800 on a first run 3100 on a 2nd an 3rd, but I've had as low as 2100. Undervolted/overclocked at 1.2
Previously on ki3 I was getting quads as low as 1300, but my phone was smoother than another setup giving me 3000+ scores so that's what I stuck with for a few days till kj1 came out.
The moral of my story is try multiple setups and go with whatever gives you the best performance, quad scores aren't good for much more than bragging.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

jager555

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
Not many replies lately. Would like for jager to come back.

ha. sorry bro. i had program reviews at work with some VERY important people, so i was just swamped this week. also, i have to go back home today/tomorrow because its my mom's bday. i didnt forget about this though; im trying to sign on when i have a few min at work. i will try to help you out as much as i can when i have some free time.

also, try to flash raver's audiophile. its very responsive and it has some great quad scores, if thats what you are looking for.

Last edited:

David1239

Aug 22, 2011
ha. sorry bro. i had program reviews at work with some VERY important people, so i was just swamped this week. also, i have to go back home today/tomorrow because its my mom's bday. i didnt forget about this though; im trying to sign on when i have a few min at work. i will try to help you out as much as i can when i have some free time.

also, try to flash raver's audiophile. its very responsive and it has some great quad scores, if thats what you are looking for.

Ok thanks man, i had audiophile before and loved it. Sorry bout your work schedule.

David1239

Aug 22, 2011
It was my moms birthday yesterday! Tell your mom some random person on xda said happy birthday.

Last edited:

QUIETLYloud

Jun 25, 2011
Holyoke
Flash Ravers newest ROM! If that doesn't give you the power your phone is probably defective, yes even in this perfect world... Good Luck

David1239

Aug 22, 2011
So i flashed octaine, and while it is much smoother. The quad scores are only in the 2100 range. When i play a game like nova 2, it will play pretty smooth, but it often throws random lag fits. I really believe this speed loss is due to how many partitions i have on my sd card. Could that be it?

David1239

Aug 22, 2011
Good god, it is so hard to get replies in this thread.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    are you using link2sd or a similar app to keep apps on the other partition?
    this error shows up when you are clearing your cache. it is saying that there is no cache to wipe at this location.

it is fine. i get it too because i am not linking anything to my sd.

david, what concerns me is your phone responsiveness. what is your setup?
    ok. can you follow fb's gb starter pack and start from scratch? make sure you wipe your sd card. before you do any of that, though, can you disable voodoo.

once you are back up and running on bsgs4g ki3, with busybox flashed and voodoo enabled, go into your system/etc folder and delete the init.d folder. now flash the adrenaline shot. let the phone sit for 10 min or so after you reboot. now go into tegrak and make sure you enable it at boot. go into optimizations and load everything according to dsextons values. makes you are on ondemand governor and deadline scheduler. now reboot after it watches stability. after all of that, let me know how it goes.
    oo yea. good luck with those. my dad has one of those too. they are definitely a pain. anyway, let me know if that works for you. if not, i have one or two more ideas on how to get it to work.
    To address your low quad scores, I hope you let your ROM sit for a good 10-15 minutes after flashing. Flashing a ROM will wipe your dalvik cache. You MUST let that rebuilt after a flash, which is why you need to wait a bit afterwards.

I tried playing with a ROM without getting the dalvik cache rebuilt, and I just got choppy performance with low Quadrant scores.

If this might be the case, go into CWM > advanced > wipe dalvik cache > reboot phone. Let your phone sit for 10-15 minutes and DO NOT touch anything.