[Q] From an old ICS Stunner ROM, to a new CM9/10 ROM

Search This thread

Lanarix

Dec 16, 2011
Eindhoven
It's been a long time since I was last seen here, I've been busy working and studying, but now that it's vacation I'd very much like to update my ROM.
Currently I'm on Kernel version: 3.0.15-I9220ZCLP5-CL295568
And my ROM is ICS Stunner Beta 5.0 (yes, a pretty old one)
CWM: v5.0.2.7

So, the question is.. How do I get from that ROM, to a new, updated one?
I've been looking around but there are no specific guides on how to do this.. And I rooted mine back when I was on 2.3.4.

Honestly, I have no idea what I should get back to before putting a new ROM over it.

It'd be great if any of you could help me out describing how it's done! I would really appreciate the effort.
Thank you in advance, and hopefully I'll be able to get the best out of my Note again after this!

Use PC Odin to flash a stock gingerbread ROM, then root and install clockworkmod recovery, download and place whatever ROM you'd like to flash on your external sd card or internal memory, lastly boot into recovery (hold volume up + home + power buttons) and factory rest, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache then flash the ROM and reboot.

Sent From An Awesome Jelly Bean Galaxy Note

Reactions: Lanarix

Lanarix

Dec 16, 2011
Eindhoven
Can I go directly from a GB ROM to a ICS/JB ROM? Or do I need to flash some ICS update first?

Thank you for the explanation thus far!

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
Can I go directly from a GB ROM to a ICS/JB ROM? Or do I need to flash some ICS update first?

You can go directly from a rooted GB ROM to a ICS ROM. I wont recommend JB rom as of now as its a preview and not a daily driver.
No flashing of ICS repacks. Forget them. They are now history :)

Reactions: Lanarix

Lanarix

Dec 16, 2011
Eindhoven
Alright thank you.

By the way, I'm on the LP5 Kernel from Stunner ROM, which had alot of bricks when you flashed stuff.
Is this still an issue? If so.. How do I work around it? Because I don't want to brick it obviously.

Alright thank you.

By the way, I'm on the LP5 Kernel from Stunner ROM, which had alot of bricks when you flashed stuff.
Is this still an issue? If so.. How do I work around it? Because I don't want to brick it obviously.

I just explained to you the "100% safe way" to go from a stock ics rom to a custom rom in my last post. Stock gingerbread first through pc odin, root, install clockworkmod recovery, flash custom ics/jb rom of choice.

sahilarora2003

Jun 1, 2012
Somewhere in your Phone.
Nobody has an answer for me? Please?

Follow these instructions.

If you have CWM installed and your device have full root.

Reboot into CWM Recovery
Install a safe kernel (hardcore, notecore, cf root, franco etc) or flash abyss 4.2 redpill recovery.
Reboot recovery
Now full wipe for a clean install.(cache/dalvik /data)
Flash rom
Reboot system

Done. :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Lanarix

Dec 16, 2011
Eindhoven
So I wouldn't even need to go back to GB if I follow your instructions sahilarora2003?
And you install a kernel just by flashing a .zip file right?

yellowpad

May 10, 2012
Northern California...
+1 I would hold off on the Jelly.....nothing exciting now. Give it a little more time....like another 3-5 updates :) I flashed CM10 and lasted 10mins before I came back to ICS. :good:

You can go directly from a rooted GB ROM to a ICS ROM. I wont recommend JB rom as of now as its a preview and not a daily driver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use PC Odin to flash a stock gingerbread ROM, then root and install clockworkmod recovery, download and place whatever ROM you'd like to flash on your external sd card or internal memory, lastly boot into recovery (hold volume up + home + power buttons) and factory rest, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache then flash the ROM and reboot.

Sent From An Awesome Jelly Bean Galaxy Note