[FXZ] Moto X 4.4.4 212.55.26 (XT1060)

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
WARNING: You REALLY need to UNDERSTAND and read EVERYTHING or you MAY brick your phone!

NOTE: Once you apply this update, you can NOT downgrade to a previous version. This applies to locked AND unlocked users! You have been warned.

Purpose of this thread:

To get you, the locked or unlocked Moto X xt1060 owner, from any version to 4.4.4 (KXA21.12-L1.26).

Things you will need:

FXZ KXA21.12-L1.26 Thanks to @stras1234 and @Skrilax_CZ

44310B2E4A0016ABDFD108DC9E6F4B89 (as requested)

WARNING: This new FXZ contains the erase userdata line so it WILL wipe your data.

Instructions:

Use the RSD Flasher with the KEEP DATA option to flash this to your phone using RSD Lite.

Alternatively you can use House of Moto with the KEEP DATA option to flash this to your phone using motofastboot.

This will get you a clean OTA install with no data loss. You will lose root.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
There are a few interesting things I noticed. It's a KEEP DATA FXZ meaning it doesn't have the erase userdata line in the XML. It also doesn't include the TZ partition at all which makes me think they didn't update it for this release. Interesting, as I said.

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
What if I don't care about data? Can I just fastboot the files? Unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Trusted Zone. On the RAZR HD and M a security bug in that partition allowed them to be bootloader unlocked. :) That hole has since been patched. Um, twice. LMAO

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
If I want to keep data (userdata AND Internal storage) but make sure to flash the recovery, what option do I use in RSD Flasher?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: You REALLY need to UNDERSTAND and read EVERYTHING or you MAY brick your phone!

NOTE: Once you apply this update, you can NOT downgrade to a previous version. This applies to locked AND unlocked users! You have been warned.

Purpose of this thread:

To get you, the locked or unlocked Moto X xt1060 owner, from any version to 4.4.4 (KXA21.12-L1.26).

Things you will need:

FXZ KXA21.12-L1.26 Thanks to @stras1234 and @Skrilax_CZ

44310B2E4A0016ABDFD108DC9E6F4B89 (as requested)

WARNING: This new FXZ contains the erase userdata line so it WILL wipe your data.

Instructions:

Use the RSD Flasher with the KEEP DATA option to flash this to your phone using RSD Lite.

Alternatively you can use House of Moto with the KEEP DATA option to flash this to your phone using motofastboot.

This will get you a clean OTA install with no data loss. You will lose root.
    All I know is Topsnake and the SamuriHL helped me a lot by providing goodies.
    I can say that when I tried to use the RSD flasher SamuriHL was kind of to put together it failed for me. I ended up just open RSD Lite myself and using it.
    Why did it fail? I forgot to only plug my phone into USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0, but that was my bad.
    Topsnake was nice enough to give us the Droid Ultra's radios/baseband, which has resulted in better signal strength.
    I say thank you.
    And what pisses ME off about the "android community" is people that fail to do ANY kind of reading and expect answers to be handed to them. Entitlement irritates me to no end. Instead of doing any research on your own, you're pissed off cause no one would answer your "simple question" that had a pretty damn obvious answer given that the version is in the title of the thread. But hey, blame everyone else instead of taking responsibility for your failure to do any kind of research. Good luck.
    SMH....remember when this was a thread for helping people install the xt1060 4.4.4 FXZ? Seems like so long ago now...
    You're a good man, SamuraiHL...

attachment.php