black screen during/after call fix

Search This thread

brezzz

Dec 21, 2010
Hi guys

I know this question has come up quite a few times, but i have just spend the last hour searching all the threads and not really come up with any results. Does anyone know how to get rid of the black screen during/after call issue? I have tried adding ro.lge.proximity.delay=25 and mot.proximity.delay=25 to build.prop but this does not get rid of the issue properly. There is only ever been 1 rom that i have used that managed to get rid of this problem, but they wont tell me how they did it :p and i cant fidure it out lol. Anyone?

thanks

brezzz

sinkster

Aug 25, 2010
Glasgow
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm not 100% certain what causes it, there seem to be various reasons. I found it was cured by ram management, something like the supercharger script and/or a cache cleaner resolved it. Most, if not all, custom roms don't have the problem due to being stripped of bloatware.

brezzz

Dec 21, 2010
ah ok, everytime i used v6 it seemed to cause problems, just seems weird that it only causes problems when in-call. SE-Tweaked is the only rom that seemed to completely fix the problem but it seems weird that some roms only do it now and again. I used to think its was proximity sensor that caused the problem but it seems worse in sunlight so maybe light sensor?

sinkster

Aug 25, 2010
Glasgow
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
There's a few things that can cause it, sometimes grease on the sensor or a cover. The fix you used works, but I found it was more like the phone hanging on the call process. Tried increased cpu frequency during call and even an app on the market, but decent ram management does the trick.

sinkster©

Reactions: brezzz

lignite

May 5, 2007
Hi, Which ROM has the problem solved. I would like to try this, please name the ROM. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's a few things that can cause it, sometimes grease on the sensor or a cover. The fix you used works, but I found it was more like the phone hanging on the call process. Tried increased cpu frequency during call and even an app on the market, but decent ram management does the trick.

sinkster©