chennai
Hello guys
Tools Needed to separate digitizer
i got the digitizer from ebay,
hot air gun
exacto knife
i used IR thermometer to measure
double sided tape

first i thought removing the digitizer completely, and i experimented in old broken evo 3D digitizer to find out at what temp the glue between the glass and the plastic digitizer starts to lose(85-90degree Celsius)
after i found out that removing the glass pieces from the digitizer layer would be much easier,
my buddy helped me with the heat gun.
keep it moving don't stop at a spot it will damage the lcd,maintain temp between 85celcius(185F)to90celcius(194F)
using the knife remove the glass piece, remove one piece at a time.don't dig deeper when glass pieces are completely removed start heating at the top slowly peal of plastic digitizer layer from the lcd,
During this process maintain the temp at 85deg cel because dna lcd did't have the side metal support if the temp is low or you hurried means the top layer of the lcd will rip off .
after that i checked the lcd it worked no bleed or blackink
I cleaned the old glue and applied the double sided tape. the seller did't gave me pre cut tape so i have cut 2mm for sides and copied the old glue patter at the top and bottem . align the lcd use tape on the backside don't forget to peal of the soft key light diffuser from old one and transfer it to new one
i attached couple of photo taken doing this in a rar file

a pair of hands will be helpful and luck from Jesus .
Be careful with the knife i cut my fingers twice and glass pieces will fly around so wear glasses.

mohit321

Feb 22, 2009
This is great news, however, I already destroyed my LCD in the process of finding that temperature. I was wondering if you could explain the pattern for the double sided tape. Does it not completely surround the opening around the LCD? Should there be a gap for the digitizer ribbon?

shajubinglish

Feb 15, 2013
chennai
This is great news, however, I already destroyed my LCD in the process of finding that temperature. I was wondering if you could explain the pattern for the double sided tape. Does it not completely surround the opening around the LCD? Should there be a gap for the digitizer ribbon?

you need to make a slot for ribbon cable and holes for front camera and sensor.

Reactions: mohit321

wu_li

Apr 8, 2013
Where did you get your double sided tape or could you recommend a source? Thanks

gabak

Feb 16, 2013
hello
everyone
i have been reparing cellphones for over a year and i made few videos with a lot details about how to separate LCD from the broken gorilla glass. Also i made a video explaning all the theory behind it and after that all the practices so you can see how it is made. I hope it help you all guys.

Theory of how to fix gorilla glass at any samsung galaxy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOAauYYNUuI

how to repair galaxy s4 screen glass replacement (gorilla glass)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J458v0LNkkI

how to remove gorilla glass from LCD on galaxy S3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnuoCm_erYI

how to change display from a galaxy s4 (complete frame LCD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85pOvI6OV_Q

enjoy!

Hello guys
hot air gun
exacto knife
double sided tape

first i thought removing the digitizer completely, and i experimented in old broken evo 3D digitizer to find out at what temp the glue between the glass and the plastic digitizer starts to lose(85-90degree Celsius)
after i found out that removing the glass pieces from the digitizer layer would be much easier,
keep it moving don't stop at a spot it will damage the lcd,maintain temp between 85celcius(185F)to90celcius(194F)
using the knife remove the glass piece, remove one piece at a time.don't dig deeper when glass pieces are completely removed start heating at the top slowly peal of plastic digitizer layer from the lcd,
During this process maintain the temp at 85deg cel because dna lcd did't have the side metal support if the temp is low or you hurried means the top layer of the lcd will rip off .
I cleaned the old glue and applied the double sided tape. the seller did't gave me pre cut tape so i have cut 2mm for sides and copied the old glue patter at the top and bottem . align the lcd use tape on the backside don't forget to peal of the soft key light diffuser from old one and transfer it to new one

Be careful with the knife i cut my fingers twice and glass pieces will fly around so wear glasses.

Last edited:

gfs001

Jun 7, 2014
lcd

please help me, I have htc droid dna and want to replace LCD display with touch screen digitizer, does fit model X920e lcd with screen my droid dna? is X920e butterfly and droid dna lcd screen same?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys
    hot air gun
    exacto knife
    double sided tape

you need to make a slot for ribbon cable and holes for front camera and sensor.