[Q] Status Bar

Search This thread

hezirance

Apr 12, 2013
Makati
At first I thought I was the only one suffering from this annoyance, but then I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvTFu6UKJI
See, the problem is that whenever I send or receive a message, this icon pops up. At first I thought I was delusional, but then it repeatedly became clear that this was truly a bug. I managed to get a screenshot of it (which was really difficult considering that it only pops up for about half a second). I want to know if I anyone else has had this issue, and whether or not someone found a workaround from it popping up. Anyone at all?

Technowhiteboi

Dec 21, 2013
Eastcoast
At first I thought I was the only one suffering from this annoyance, but then I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvTFu6UKJI
See, the problem is that whenever I send or receive a message, this icon pops up. At first I thought I was delusional, but then it repeatedly became clear that this was truly a bug. I managed to get a screenshot of it (which was really difficult considering that it only pops up for about half a second). I want to know if I anyone else has had this issue, and whether or not someone found a workaround from it popping up. Anyone at all?

Hey man I got the same thing going on. had this happening on stock and it still happens in any other stock sense 6 based rom that I have tried but I dont know what it is.

dressanderc

Mar 24, 2009
Nashville, TN

This bothered me as well, but I have since gotten rid of it. Granted that you're rooted, you can download an Xposed module called NotifyClean. It listens for "notifications" in the status bar, and you have the option to disable them. Download/install/activate the module, turn on the listening feature, and send a message. When you go back into NotifyClean, you'll see "Data Usage". Select that, then select "Data usage is running". It should highlight the selection in red, and ultimately get rid of the little annoying icon that shows up for a split second.

Reactions: hezirance

hezirance

Apr 12, 2013
Makati
It seems that I'm not the only one having an issue. Well hopefully there's a better work around for this because I don't plan rooting my phone for a long time! Flashing roms and tweaks could be addicting haha! Hopefully someone finds a better fix to hide this annoying notification!

My Beer Belly

May 3, 2014
It seems that I'm not the only one having an issue. Well hopefully there's a better work around for this because I don't plan rooting my phone for a long time! Flashing roms and tweaks could be addicting haha! Hopefully someone finds a better fix to hide this annoying notification!

Yeah, take it from someone that flashed a ROM today and every mod/tweak I could find... it gets addicting. I spent 8 hours at my computer today going over various mods and personalizing my phone. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to help with your issue that doesn't involve root. If you know what is causing the notification then you may be able to go into settings>apps>all and disable the offender?

hezirance

Apr 12, 2013
Makati
Yeah, take it from someone that flashed a ROM today and every mod/tweak I could find... it gets addicting. I spent 8 hours at my computer today going over various mods and personalizing my phone. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to help with your issue that doesn't involve root. If you know what is causing the notification then you may be able to go into settings>apps>all and disable the offender?

I managed to get a screenshot, and I checked what app was causing it but it was a system app called "Data Usage". Anyone know how to turn off data usage notifications? Turning off data usage alert doesn't help

Attachments

• 10253930_767892139896026_6227179763097757664_n.jpg
    10253930_767892139896026_6227179763097757664_n.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 73

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
This is normal behavior. While it shouldn't be popping up, its normal as in that it is what is done when a SMS/MMS is sent while on WiFi.

You can locate the app through Application Manager and tap it to Disable Notifications. This doesnt require root or anything.

My Beer Belly

May 3, 2014
Taking shots in the dark here, but there is a data usage section under wireless & networks in settings. In that menu there is a toggle for 'alert me about data usage'. You can then drag a slider up and down to set the cap for when your phone warns you about data usage. Maybe yours is dragged to the very bottom so it alerts you about any data usage?

Unlikely because it would show up during everything, but worth asking. Maybe just disabling the notification toggle would work. Also, does your carrier ship with specific software to monitor data usage? If so then check all of those apps settings to see if anything has any effect.

hezirance

Apr 12, 2013
Makati
It doesn't matter whether or not the wifi is on, it still annoyingly pops up. I meant that you really can't disable notifications as it is a system app

hezirance

Apr 12, 2013
Makati
Taking shots in the dark here, but there is a data usage section under wireless & networks in settings. In that menu there is a toggle for 'alert me about data usage'. You can then drag a slider up and down to set the cap for when your phone warns you about data usage. Maybe yours is dragged to the very bottom so it alerts you about any data usage?

Unlikely because it would show up during everything, but worth asking. Maybe just disabling the notification toggle would work. Also, does your carrier ship with specific software to monitor data usage? If so then check all of those apps settings to see if anything has any effect.

I've tried that too! It still pops up, and it annoys me. Thanks for the effort though!
No, I don't think so. My S3 never did this. My phone is unlocked from HK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This bothered me as well, but I have since gotten rid of it. Granted that you're rooted, you can download an Xposed module called NotifyClean. It listens for "notifications" in the status bar, and you have the option to disable them. Download/install/activate the module, turn on the listening feature, and send a message. When you go back into NotifyClean, you'll see "Data Usage". Select that, then select "Data usage is running". It should highlight the selection in red, and ultimately get rid of the little annoying icon that shows up for a split second.