[Q] Stuck on Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery

Search This thread

Perez92

Apr 25, 2011
New York
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of some help and am not sure what to do. My HTC One m7 got stuck in Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery after the latest update. It will keep rebooting back into Simple Recovery. Is there any way to get my phone back either to stock or to Cyanogenmod?

I always just left it on Cyanogenmod so I'm not very familiar with flashing or other programs. If anyone has any advice, could you please point me to the correct tutorials and downloads?

I am at a complete loss with how to get my phone to its original state.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of some help and am not sure what to do. My HTC One m7 got stuck in Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery after the latest update. It will keep rebooting back into Simple Recovery. Is there any way to get my phone back either to stock or to Cyanogenmod?

I always just left it on Cyanogenmod so I'm not very familiar with flashing or other programs. If anyone has any advice, could you please point me to the correct tutorials and downloads?

I am at a complete loss with how to get my phone to its original state.
Follow this nkk71's Return to 100% Stock Guide!

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Thank you for the response, however my biggest issue is getting out of simple recovery. How do I install a new recovery, such as TWRP or CWM at the simple recovery screen and how do I flash the latest cyanogenmod rom?

You will have to flash CWM recovery in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB. You can get the recovery from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager find your phone then download the recovery.
In bootloader/FASTBOOT USB, flash CWM recovery (either rename the file CWM.img or type the whole name in place of CWM):
fastboot flash recovery CWM.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Reactions: Perez92

Perez92

Apr 25, 2011
New York
You will have to flash CWM recovery in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB. You can get the recovery from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager find your phone then download the recovery.
In bootloader/FASTBOOT USB, flash CWM recovery (either rename the file CWM.img or type the whole name in place of CWM):
fastboot erase cache

Thank you for replying.

So from what I'm understanding is that I will need to use ADB to sideload the recovery onto my phone, correct?

I'm not sure what the bootloader/FASTBOOT USB you refer to, I feel like I need it to be ELI5. My brain is melting when trying to read this.

P.S. I am STUCK in Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery. I am not able to power down the device or get to any other screen.

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Thank you for replying.

So from what I'm understanding is that I will need to use ADB to sideload the recovery onto my phone, correct?

I'm not sure what the bootloader/FASTBOOT USB you refer to, I feel like I need it to be ELI5. My brain is melting when trying to read this.

No, you can not load the recovery with sideload. Have ADB & Fastboot installed on your computer, place the recovery file in the same folder and connect your phone to the computer.
Open a command window in the folder where ADB & fastboot reside.
Type: adb reboot bootloader
When the screen on your phone shows the white bootloader screen in blue will be FASTBOOT USB
Type one line at a time waiting until the cmd screen states OK or something similiar:
fastboot erase cache

Here is a guide on fastboot commands.

Reactions: Perez92

Perez92

Apr 25, 2011
New York
No, you can not load the recovery with sideload. Have ADB & Fastboot installed on your computer, place the recovery file in the same folder and connect your phone to the computer.
When the screen on your phone shows the white bootloader screen in blue will be FASTBOOT USB
Type one line at a time waiting until the cmd screen states OK or something similiar:
fastboot erase cache

So I was able to get my device past the first prompt. I now see the white bootloader screen and it does say "FASTBOOT USB". I downloaded the latest TWRP and placed it in the same folder as ADB and Fastboot. I did the second command to flash it, however I keep getting the error "error: cannot open 'TWRP.img'. Any idea as to what I could be doing wrong?

Last edited:

Perez92

Apr 25, 2011
New York
fastboot erase cache

Got it to work. Used adb to get into fastboot. Then opened up the CM installer and let it redownload cyanogenmod onto my phone.

Thanks for the help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for the response, however my biggest issue is getting out of simple recovery. How do I install a new recovery, such as TWRP or CWM at the simple recovery screen and how do I flash the latest cyanogenmod rom?

fastboot erase cache
    Thank you for replying.

fastboot erase cache