-deuces-

Easy as cake :D

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

Last edited:

CharlyDigital

Jan 24, 2009
Scottsdale
So google would not connect. I gave it a day and works fine now. Sounds strange but the steps took were. Turned off phone>disconnected plate from back> plugged back in made sure it was flush> turned on and turned off wifi> set up google account. Worked! Not sure if timing or luck of the draw but if you are having issues try that.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Javier.San1993

Jun 24, 2011
When I get this Focus S I'm planning on using it as my "daily driver" just cuz I want to see how it compares to my captivate. I'm sure sound quality will be better with my crappy, but Focus S has 4G in some places, and I'm pretty sure it will have a better GPS lock and Wifi signal. We'll see when I get it though.

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897

Javier.San1993

Jun 24, 2011
I'm starting to feel like they won't email me... I went on the 28th... 3 weeks have passed, and nothing.... just the confirmation email... any suggestions as to what I should do?

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897

fireshot91

Aug 9, 2010
I went into the store the day after my email.

They had already run out of HTC Titans, and Focus S's, so they offered me a choice between a Titan II, or a Focus Flash. I took the Titan II, used it for three-four days, traded it with some guy on Craigslist for a Galaxy Note (About 2 weeks old one), sold the Note on Craigslist for $525 :D.

My brother unfortunately got a Focus Flash, and....yeah, it might just be better to keep that phone, nobody is buying it.

Javier.San1993

Jun 24, 2011
I called a few minutes ago. Associate told me that they just got a shipment of Focus Ss. Unfortunately I have work in half an hour.... I'll have to wait til Monday:/

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897

kevina90

Jul 14, 2010
maryland
I went into the store the day after my email.

They had already run out of HTC Titans, and Focus S's, so they offered me a choice between a Titan II, or a Focus Flash. I took the Titan II, used it for three-four days, traded it with some guy on Craigslist for a Galaxy Note (About 2 weeks old one), sold the Note on Craigslist for $525 :D.

My brother unfortunately got a Focus Flash, and....yeah, it might just be better to keep that phone, nobody is buying it.

0.o traded a TITAN 2 for a NOTE? You are really lucky lol, titan 2s arent even selling for 400 now on ebay BNIB.

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Man I just seen this. I have a ton of old smart phones I coulda changed out... :( I live in MN though and bet the lines was crazy as our windows store is in the mall of America ...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated Rules for Round Three: 6 - 12 April

The "Smoked by Windows Phone" promotion has been extended into a new round. Sorry for not updating sooner. Round 3 runs from 6 April - 12 April. The new rules are below.

1. There are no more phone trades. You do not get to swap your old device for a WP7 handset anymore.
    2. In every store, only the first 250 challengers will receive a $25 gift card.
    3. If you won a laptop or swapped your old device for a WP7 heanset in round one or two, you are inelligable in Round Three.
    4. If you only received a gift card in Round One or Two, you can win another one in Round Three.
    5. If you win the challenge in this round, you win a $1000 gift card.

Updated rules:
    http://content.microsoftstore.com/store/smokedbywindowsphone/rules3

Rule changes for Round Two: 30 March to 5 April

Deal has officially been extended to 5 April, but there are now a few changes that impact swaps in the new round.

1. There are 100 phones available per store, per day. After the 100 phones have been given away for the day, then the next 500 participants will not have the option to swap, but will instead receive a $25 Gift Card.
    2. The Samsung Focus Flash in black has been added to the phone list.
    3. Pre-paid phones are no longer eligible.

Updated rules:
    http://content.microsoftstore.com/store/smokedbywindowsphone/rules2

Requirements:
    Allowed Operating Systems:
    Android, Blackberry, iPhone, PalmOS, WebOS, some Symbian.
    Windows Phone and Windows Mobile are expressly excluded.

Activated GSM or CDMA smartphone.
    It must have voice and data service. Contract not required.
    One swap per person
    You will also need a valid government issued ID.

If you have one of the above mentioned operating systems on a device that NATIVELY runs it, you could swap it out for any brand new Windows Phone 7 device with no contract. What's the catch? I'm glad you asked. This promotion is only available in Microsoft Stores, not available online. It runs through 29 March 2012. This is not a contest. It is open to anyone with the phones mentioned previously. It excludes discontinued WP7 devices and the Lumia 800.

A simple way to profit from the deal is to bring in any cheap smartphone you have lying around. It MUST be a smartphone. Feature phones are excluded. Activate the device for service. It can be any cheap prepaid service for this. Not all stores check for this, but better safe than sorry. CDMA users can check out Page Plus for cheap activations. GSM users can check out T-Mobile prepaid plans. There is a nice $2/day all you can eat data plan with the magenta carrier as well.

Once you get that done, go into any Microsoft Store, and tell an employee that you want to take the "Windows Phone Challenge." After that, just loose the contest. It couldn't be simpler. Fill out the device recycling paperwork, and hand over your crappy phone. Pick a new Windows Phone 7 device.

Please format and wipe the data clean from your device before handing it over.

The device or carrier service you have does not affect which device you walk out with. You are free to choose any Windows Phone 7 device you want.

Phones available for selection:
    AT&T
    HTC Titan (MSRP $549)
    Samsung Focus S (MSRP $549)
    T-Mobile
    HTC Radar (MSRP $399)
    Nokia Lumia 710 (MSRP $349)
    Verizon
    HTC Trophy (MSRP $429)

Microsoft store locations:
    http://content.microsoftstore.com/home.aspx

SCOTTSDALE, AZ Scottsdale Fashion Square
    COSTA MESA, CA South Coast Plaza
    LOS ANGELES, CA Westfield Century City
    MISSION VIEJO, CA The Shops at Mission Viejo
    PALO ALTO, CA Stanford Shopping Center*
    SAN DIEGO, CA Fashion Valley Mall
    SANTA CLARA, CA Westfield Valley Fair
    LONE TREE, CO Park Meadows Mall
    ATLANTA, GA Lenox Square Mall
    OAK BROOK, IL Oakbrook Center
    BLOOMINGTON, MN Mall of America
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ Bridgewater Commons*
    FREEHOLD, NJ Freehold Raceway Mall*
    AUSTIN, TX The Domain*
    HOUSTON, TX Houston Galleria
    TYSONS CORNER, VA Tysons Corner Center
    BELLEVUE, WA Bellevue Square Mall
    SEATTLE, WA University Village

*PLEASE NOTE THESE STORES ARE LISTED AS "COMING SOON"

One last thing to note is that the phone you want might be out of stock, as this is a huge promotion. In that case, the store would decide what to do on its own. Some of them seem to be taking orders on the phones people want to own. Some of those stores are also issuing $10 gift cards as an apology for being out of stock. Some other stores are simply telling customers to choose from the stock on hand. For stores that are ordering devices, the estimated delivery time is ten days. You must go back to the store to pick it up. They do not ship directly to your house.
    OK here's how it went:

I got to the Galleria around noon (a BIG ass mall in Houston), got in back of a big ass line. There were some peeps there all waiting, and some annoying dude who kept asking me like a million questions about WP7, he had an iPhone 4 but was going to do the challenge with an OLD htc tytn. Finally I was like "dude, your iPhone is better, just sell the WP7 phone" so he'd be quiet. Anyways, I waited in line for about 1.5 hours shooting the **** with a dude who had a rooted Hercules running a custom ROM, and I was rocking the rooted flashed MyTouch 3G handy that I recently traded my iPhone 2G for (before I found out about this). My ROM is all messed up, I mean I flashed some ugly ass Froyo ROM that has no market, no maps, turns off randomly, and runs slow as hell.

Oh yeah, you have to fill out this form too about using your image blah blah. So finally I get to the end of line, some chick checks my ID and I I'm like inside the store 3 people away from the "challenge"

Oh yeah, and the entire time I'm in line there's a dude with a "staff" shirt dancing the whole time to some kinect dancing game in front of the store. And I mean this dude looked goofy as hell, he basically was like if you took someone you knew in high school who smoked a lot of weed, and was high as hell, and stuck him in front of a T.V and said dance. He was doing all the dances but he was so apathetic looking about it. Anyways, that was entertaining for about 5 minutes. Good thing the Sklar brothers were subbing for Rome today, that's some good entertainment.

Anyways, so I finally get to the "challenge" and this enthusiastic black dude is like "damn! mytouch 3G, I lost a laptop to one yesterday!" Apparently some wise-guy had rooted and OC'd his MT3G, took off the lockscreen, and set up some widgets and beat this guy. I wasn't prepared for all that, so with my messed up ROM acting up he said "ok, do you use facebook?" I told him I didn't (which is true). He looked at me like I was an outer-space alien on crack. "Foreal!?" "for real, I don't use facebook" ok so the next challenge "ok, whoever can find a 4 star restaurant first with directions wins. " I told him I was game, so he said "start" I picked up my crappy tore up POS mt3G with a jacked up froyo ROM, open up the browser and it freezes, he puts his phone down and says "done!" proudly.

Then he tells me about the bing bar and how his Titan has stuff loaded all fast and I told him that looked pretty cool. So he says I can have any phone I want for mine, and just go to the counter and tell the guy.

The guy at the counter said that they were out of phones, but they can take my info and call me. Since the Titan2 is coming out in like a week they had it for zero dollars on an upgrade and I went for the Focus S (and I like the super amoled screen more anyways). He told me they'd get a new shipment in this weekend and he'd call me Monday or Tuesday to come get the phone, I just need my ID.

Easy as pie.

So for 1.5 hour wait not too shabby, probably sell the focus S as a down payment on a Note or iPad3 :)
    Went to the Scottsdale store and took the guy on with an old palm pre. He looked at my phone and was like "I am guessing you are here for the phone" I played it all cool and was like "phone? I am here to smoke you fool. Let's do this!" He came back with "your dead Gaylord" so I says "put your money where your mouth is bro. Let's make it interesting.if I win I get the laptop and your ride.you win I get the phone and my wife gives you a bj" "DEAL"...my wife is pissed but I got a new phone....treat yo self!. LOL ok on the real the guy asked me to look up a four star restaurant he smoked the garbage PRE but the dude had an app already set up to find it. Should be picking up the new phone on sat.

Boom goes the dynamite

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    its still on

hopefully they wont run out of stock
    till i reach oakbrook center, il tomorrow
    I want to do this but why don't they have any stores in Ma or NY? Anyone try this yet? Anyone near a store? Where are the terms for this? I have a plan pre if anyone wants to help me get a wp7