wet phone?

Search This thread

puritan007

Aug 20, 2013
Colville
Hi. My phone went thru the washer. It was soaking wet and my wife booted it to be sure it worked... which it did then. I took it from her, took the battery out, dried it well, put it in rice for 2 days. Now it doesnt boot up, nothing shows on screen, pluged in, etc. Is it repairable? is it garbage? is it parts? Thanks.

nullmem

Mar 17, 2013
Hi. My phone went thru the washer. It was soaking wet and my wife booted it to be sure it worked... which it did then. I took it from her, took the battery out, dried it well, put it in rice for 2 days. Now it doesnt boot up, nothing shows on screen, pluged in, etc. Is it repairable? is it garbage? is it parts? Thanks.

Most likely the damage was done when she booted it while wet. Probably has board damage, and repairing it would be more expensive than buying a new phone. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

puritan007

Aug 20, 2013
Colville
thanks

I have insurance, new phone will be here tomorrow. Hopefully my SD card is fine, i had a lot set up I hate to have to re do it all. :) I was hoping it wasnt this bad, but it seems it is. Another night in rice, still no response. I found a site that claims 69$ repairs.. I might send it to them to see if it can be fixed that cheap, I could let the kids use it for a tablet. lol. Anyway, thanks for the response.
V

nullmem

Mar 17, 2013
I have insurance, new phone will be here tomorrow. Hopefully my SD card is fine, i had a lot set up I hate to have to re do it all. :) I was hoping it wasnt this bad, but it seems it is. Another night in rice, still no response. I found a site that claims 69$ repairs.. I might send it to them to see if it can be fixed that cheap, I could let the kids use it for a tablet. lol. Anyway, thanks for the response.
V

Voltage is only applied to the card when reading and writing to it, so it's likely your SD card is fine.

maxjivi05

May 28, 2009
Lexington, KY
You need to take the phone apart and take a toothbrush and electronic cleaner the liquid and scrub every electronic part in the phone. The corrosion from water shorts it out and needs cleaned! I used to fix water damaged phones for a living.

$4 Bottle of Electronic a Cleaner
$1 Toothbrush

$5 in repairs and knowledge to fix future phones. You'll be surprised on how many phones are fixable when soaked.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk