[Q] Dialer /phone app problem

Search This thread

joeyv729

Nov 23, 2013
Sorry in advance if this was posted elsewhere. I couldn't find any threads regarding my issue.
I have a Sprint gs3 on android 4.4.2, and just within in the last day or so if I make a call then promted to press a number for an option, the touch tone won't go through.
For example if I dial Sprint and get press 1 if you are calling about (my number) and I press 1, nothing happens. I dial other numbers and nothing. Also I've tried other calls and the same thing so it's not Sprint's system.

Customer care did a master reset and I tried some 3rd party dialers also and nothing.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions..
I also wiped cache partition. Samsung support advised me to go to best buy for a software refresh..
My girlfriend has the exact same issue on her gs3 and we're on the same account.

Last edited:

Robalboa

Jun 27, 2011
myrtle beach
Sorry in advance if this was posted elsewhere. I couldn't find any threads regarding my issue.
I have a Sprint gs3 on android 4.4.2, and just within in the last day or so if I make a call then promted to press a number for an option, the touch tone won't go through.
For example if I dial Sprint and get press 1 if you are calling about (my number) and I press 1, nothing happens. I dial other numbers and nothing. Also I've tried other calls and the same thing so it's not Sprint's system.

Customer care did a master reset and I tried some 3rd party dialers also and nothing.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions..
I also wiped cache partition. Samsung support advised me to go to best buy for a software refresh..
My girlfriend has the exact same issue on her gs3 and we're on the same account.

There's a setting that says long tones or short tone in the call settings somewhere. That's probably the problem set it to long
Short don't pick up on some menus

Nd8 deodexed Rooted and modded

joeyv729

Nov 23, 2013
There's a setting that says long tones or short tone in the call settings somewhere. That's probably the problem set it to long
Short don't pick up on some menus

Nd8 deodexed Rooted and modded

thank you, i did try that also, no luck....to tell you the truth im baffled. the only significant change was kitkat....