[Q] [ASK] Remove separator

Search This thread

djnorich

Oct 18, 2008
hi, i want to ask
is it possible to remove separator (minus '-' sign) in the z1's phonebook ?

i use to copy-paste numbers from phonebook to text message, but i need that numbers without separator. Of course i can edit it in text message, but if i copy paste a lot of contacts i will need alot of time to delete those separator sign.

maybe you suggest to sent the vcl files, but all i need is sent it via text message. since i need to add some text to it.
Thanks

by the way are there application that add the menu 'insert number' just like old nokia phone, because i think copy paste from phonebook is so unefficient

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-28-13-48-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-28-13-48-59.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 61

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
hi, i want to ask
is it possible to remove separator (minus '-' sign) in the z1's phonebook ?

i use to copy-paste numbers from phonebook to text message, but i need that numbers without separator. Of course i can edit it in text message, but if i copy paste a lot of contacts i will need alot of time to delete those separator sign.

maybe you suggest to sent the vcl files, but all i need is sent it via text message. since i need to add some text to it.
Thanks

by the way are there application that add the menu 'insert number' just like old nokia phone, because i think copy paste from phonebook is so unefficient

Hmm... Not really the easy solution you're looking for, but you could try to reformat all your contacts to remove the -'s. I've done this before by using contacts.Google.com to export my contacts to a csv, open in excel, make mass edits excel, delete the contacts from Google then upload the new csv to Google contacts to repopulate them. Isn't the most elegant solution though...

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
..btw ..even if there is a - between numbers the phone will dial them correctly and you will not have any problems. I think it just a matter of how they look.

djnorich

Oct 18, 2008
@eclyptos : its not for dial, consider i sent text to kind of bot/machine. So i need specific format which is no separator

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk