Search This thread

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA

MIUI.us is Proud to Present
MIUI ICS for the Samsung Mesmerize

miuiusanim.gif

This is a community support ROM only!

The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums.
Support is mostly provided on forums.miui.us.

New releases are released each Friday.

I have included all the necessary gapps in the ROM. Please do not flash the MIUI.us gapps as it will cause problems. Any Google apps not included in the ROM can be downloaded from the Play Store.
Installation Instructions

If coming from a Gingerbread based ROM, you must flash teamhacksung's BUILD 2 and allow it to fully boot before flashing this ROM.​

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
  • Boot into recovery
  • Create a backup
  • Factory reset device
  • Wipe Cache & Dalvik
  • Install zip from SD card
  • Reboot and enjoy!

What Doesn't Work
  • Wifi Tethering
  • 3G signal bars still broken. Voice signal bars fully functional though.
  • Torch

Everything else is assumed to be working. If you find something broken that isn't listed above, please let us know so we can look into it. Once the bug is confirmed, it will be added to the list above.

Thanks

• JT1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung, and everyone else who had a hand in making CM9 possible for the Mesmerize
  • MIUI for the awesome ROM
  • dfgas for some bug fixes regarding data/calls

I will do my best to keep up with this thread. Please understand that it can be difficult keeping up with multiple threads though. If you're looking for a quick response, please consider posting in the Fascinate section on the MIUI.us Forums.

Last edited:

MezManiac

Mar 19, 2012
Chicago
I have downloaded and flashed to rom web posted for the mesmerize (2.3.30)
Here's things that I have tested.

Calling- Works
SMS- Receiving and Sending works

MMS
Wifi Sending- Works
Wifi Receiving - ??
Data Sending - Works
Data Receiving - Works

GPS- Works

Root Permission - Works

Camera w/Flash - Works
Video - Works
Panoramic Shot - works
Torch- not working

Clock - works
Alarms - works
Stopwatch- works

Signals Bars still not working
I appear to be getting only 1x data and not 3g. I have experienced this problem on the fascinate build also.

Downloading apps from the market seemed to be a problem when on the data network. When I go to download an app, a warning pops up saying the file is too big, i select "start downloading" but it has already canceled the download. This is also an issue on the fascinate build also. I still dont know how to disable the warning.

In the status bar, it says "Roaming Indicator Off" where it should say US Cellular.
Also, when under about phone<status, it says network unknown. This is not a huge problem but just something to fix maybe.

I have experience some miui.home force closes. I get shot back into the app that i was in. Then i rehit the home button and miui.home launches.. it kinda weird but has only happened twice since last night.

As far as that, everything appears to be working fine/ same as the fascinate build.

MezManiac

Mar 19, 2012
Chicago
For some reason, I'm getting an installation abort with 2.8.10. Status 7 or something... in cwm

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
I must have messed something up in the updater script I'll take a look sometime tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
I finally got around to fixing this issue. Sorry for the wait. You can redownload the fixed build now. Let me know if you experience any other issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us is Proud to Present
    MIUI ICS for the Samsung Mesmerize

miuiusanim.gif

This is a community support ROM only!

The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums.
    Support is mostly provided on forums.miui.us.

New releases are released each Friday.

I have included all the necessary gapps in the ROM. Please do not flash the MIUI.us gapps as it will cause problems. Any Google apps not included in the ROM can be downloaded from the Play Store.
    Installation Instructions

If coming from a Gingerbread based ROM, you must flash teamhacksung's BUILD 2 and allow it to fully boot before flashing this ROM.​

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Factory reset device
    • Wipe Cache & Dalvik
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!

What Doesn't Work
    • Wifi Tethering
    • 3G signal bars still broken. Voice signal bars fully functional though.
    • Torch

Everything else is assumed to be working. If you find something broken that isn't listed above, please let us know so we can look into it. Once the bug is confirmed, it will be added to the list above.

Thanks

• JT1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung, and everyone else who had a hand in making CM9 possible for the Mesmerize
    • MIUI for the awesome ROM
    • dfgas for some bug fixes regarding data/calls

I will do my best to keep up with this thread. Please understand that it can be difficult keeping up with multiple threads though. If you're looking for a quick response, please consider posting in the Fascinate section on the MIUI.us Forums.
    I have downloaded and flashed to rom web posted for the mesmerize (2.3.30)
    Here's things that I have tested.

Calling- Works
    SMS- Receiving and Sending works

MMS
    Wifi Sending- Works
    Wifi Receiving - ??
    Data Sending - Works
    Data Receiving - Works

GPS- Works

Root Permission - Works

Camera w/Flash - Works
    Video - Works
    Panoramic Shot - works
    Torch- not working

Clock - works
    Alarms - works
    Stopwatch- works

Signals Bars still not working
    I appear to be getting only 1x data and not 3g. I have experienced this problem on the fascinate build also.

Downloading apps from the market seemed to be a problem when on the data network. When I go to download an app, a warning pops up saying the file is too big, i select "start downloading" but it has already canceled the download. This is also an issue on the fascinate build also. I still dont know how to disable the warning.

In the status bar, it says "Roaming Indicator Off" where it should say US Cellular.
    Also, when under about phone<status, it says network unknown. This is not a huge problem but just something to fix maybe.

I have experience some miui.home force closes. I get shot back into the app that i was in. Then i rehit the home button and miui.home launches.. it kinda weird but has only happened twice since last night.

As far as that, everything appears to be working fine/ same as the fascinate build.