(ROM Release) WM 6.5 21501 on Asus p552w

Search This thread

hdubli

Dec 31, 2004
Hello,
KIndly enjoy the images while I upload the ROM :)

Here is the link
http://rapidshare.com/files/226454458/GM2_WWE.rar

Procedure
unrar the archive
copy the .abi file to a 1GB SD card
press dpad down+reset
wait till it finish

Pls do not forget to write feedback here:)

Attachments

• Screen13.jpg
    Screen13.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,380
  • Screen06.jpg
    Screen06.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,091
  • Screen07.png
    Screen07.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,027
  • Screen08.png
    Screen08.png
    8 KB · Views: 938
  • Screen10.png
    Screen10.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 875
Last edited:

Seleron

Oct 1, 2007
The Network Setting isn't working at all. The field to choose operator and country is blank.

Seleron

Oct 1, 2007
Clicking on today screen on right soft button (Comm Mgr.) opens the page with settings for clock and alarms.

rsunny

Apr 8, 2009
Seleron,

Are you not able to attatch the phone to any netowrk? And how do you rollback after testing this out?
I have a 552W and I am willing to test. But I would like to know the rollback procedure since I cant afford to be in a bricked-state even for a day

Seleron

Oct 1, 2007
Don't worry. These network settings is a program from Asus. It's not necessary to use it. It's only to configure settings in your phone to be able to connect to internet. You can use the same tool from Microsoft (settings, connections, connections and "automatically configure connection").

These ROM is stable right now and have only few really minor bugs. The rollback procedure is easy - just download from Asus your old ROM and after connecting your phone to the computer run this program which you downloaded.

hdubli,
these cab solved the problem - install.OBM.NetworkSetting.CAB
Thanks

Last edited:

hdubli

Dec 31, 2004
Seleron,

Are you not able to attatch the phone to any netowrk? And how do you rollback after testing this out?
I have a 552W and I am willing to test. But I would like to know the rollback procedure since I cant afford to be in a bricked-state even for a day

can be rolled back

Vaxon

Jul 12, 2006
Kraków
Works like a charm on Asus P552 (without w). As before - GPS is not working (difference between w and without w versions) but whole system is working perfectly fine and fast. Tested Matrix trailer on Core Player and got 492,18% as a result!

Last edited:

lizaq

Mar 5, 2009
How can I install windows mobile 6.1 with polish language?
I downloaded from asus page rom but when I'm trying to instal it from PC I have message that language on mobile phone is different from this one I want to install. Maybe someone have wm 6.1 PL im .abi file?

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009
How can I install windows mobile 6.1 with polish language?
I downloaded from asus page rom but when I'm trying to instal it from PC I have message that language on mobile phone is different from this one I want to install. Maybe someone have wm 6.1 PL im .abi file?

Start to install again.
Let the program check your system.
When the error appears look in the folder where the firmware is.
You will find a file named tmp_rom.abi.
Copy the file in other place and rename it with the name of firmware and let the extension .abi.
Cancel the current installation.
Copy the new GM2_.....abi file on the SD card. Put the SDcard in the phone, start the phone with button down+soft reset ...the boot loader will start and install your firmware automatically.
The version/language verifying procedure is done only if you start with EXE type firmware file. With abi file the only checking is for correct name, it should start with GM2...

lizaq

Mar 5, 2009
I already try it with no luck. While boot my asus didn't see abi file. I used name:
GM2_V5.12.0S.PLK00.00_M4.6.5.P5_V2.9.0 POL00_20081230_3050.00.abi and file was extracted from GM2_V5.12.0S.PLK00.00_M4.6.5.P5_V2.9.0 POL00_20081230_3050.00.exe I tryed also other names but it didn't work.

I have:
Device OS Ver: 0.0
Device ExtROM ID: none
Finding file: GM2 *.ABI
File not found!

rsunny

Apr 8, 2009
Yes testing on my p552w..if all well then will release :)

Mate,
As someone has suggested, could we do without those useless things like Ez**(zip/music/photo) and other things you can think of.

Another suggestion :

The right soft-key links to Comm. Manager, but opens up the Alarms menu. Please do take care of that.

rsunny

Apr 8, 2009
Mate,
As someone has suggested, could we do without those useless things like Ez**(zip/music/photo) and other things you can think of.

Another suggestion :

The right soft-key links to Comm. Manager, but opens up the Alarms menu. Please do take care of that.

Bug Report :

1) Camera Launch has a big delay(Yes my CPU is in Turbo mode)
2) Camera display is washed out/grainy (Not that I use the cam, just letting you know that your build is going to be perfect)